Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    If money is all that matters. I know a lot of kid actors who tasted a lot of success too soon and have other, bigger issues now that things aren't happening the same way they did when they were younger.

Plus, honestly, I don't know if having the money is worth it unless the kid's family can manage it properly. Look at Lindsay Lohan. I wonder where her fortune went.
    Drew Barrymore stole my heart as Gertie in "ET" but she sure went through hell before she was able to put her life back on track. It doesn't sound like her mother helped her and her father wasn't in the picture. As for the Oscar I like the poster who mentioned a discretionary award for the rare stand-out performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I would say Anna Paquin's acting is pretty terrible at times. I say this as a huge True Blood fan.
    Yeah, I never understood the fuss over her.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Random side note, but the Daytime Emmy Awards have long had the categories "Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series" and "Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Yeah, I never understood the fuss over her.
    Have you seen "The Piano"? Anna was very good in it, but was she really acting or was it due to a great director that knew how to milk whatever natural abilities that she had back then to their best advantages?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think it makes perfect sense that someone could be a great child actor but a rather average or even sub par adult actor. We expect different things from children and adults and some people may be better at one or the other. Plenty of kids did some bad acting but went on to great success as adults with some real talent.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Have you seen "The Piano"? Anna was very good in it, but was she really acting or was it due to a great director that knew how to milk whatever natural abilities that she had back then to their best advantages?
    I tend to believe brilliant child performances are the latter, rare cases aside.

vCash
    Other critics' awards already have younger actor categories:

For example, this year's Broadcast Film Critics' nominees in the younger actor category are:

Best Young Actor/Actress

Super 8: Elle Fanning
    The Descendants: Shailene Woodley
    Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: Thomas Horn
    Hugo: Asa Butterfield
    Hanna: Saoirse Ronan
    We Need to Talk About Kevin: Ezra Miller

Note that Woodley was nominated for a Golden Globe for supporting actress last night and Ronan was nominated for Atonement 4 years ago.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Other critics' awards already have younger actor categories:

For example, this year's Broadcast Film Critics' nominees in the younger actor category are:

Best Young Actor/Actress

Super 8: Elle Fanning
    The Descendants: Shailene Woodley
    Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: Thomas Horn
    Hugo: Asa Butterfield
    Hanna: Saoirse Ronan
    We Need to Talk About Kevin: Ezra Miller

Note that Woodley was nominated for a Golden Globe for supporting actress last night and Ronan was nominated for Atonement 4 years ago.
    How could they not include the amazing young actress who was in Sarah's Key? Unreal.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I LOVE that 10-year-old Patty MacCormack received an Oscar nomination for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1kOX...eature=related

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123