Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    "That's interesting, I'm not trying to be cynical or pessimistic at all, but this was just a hunch that I got. Even without the 1 pt deduction that T/S got as a result of the fall, I still think D/W would have had a few points over them. And I also feel that if it wasn't for the 5 pt lead D/W had in the SD, the point difference in the FD would have been greater in favor of D/W."
    Sharij

Why, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say?
    I'm sorry I guess I'm saying I feel D/W would have won anyways even if T/S had not fallen in the SD. Even if it had been close in the SD, then D/W would have won the competition anyways by scoring significantly higher in the FD. But I don't know it's just how I felt, I have nothing to base this on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I'm sorry I guess I'm saying I feel D/W would have won anyways even if T/S had not fallen in the SD. Even if it had been close in the SD, then D/W would have won the competition anyways by scoring significantly higher in the FD. But I don't know it's just how I felt, I have nothing to base this on.
    I think his what all this D-W FD PR made. Before GPF we read a lot off times about masterpice D-W FD, saw very high marks ect. But in reality both FDs had the same score at GPF (before recalculation). And difference in components score was vey small. So i dont think judges think D-W is much better, then FF.
    I think judges have problems with V-M SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think judges have problems with V-M SD.
    You mean at GPF or in general? I don't know, I have a hard time believing that judges have a problem with V-M's SD and not D-W's, at least not performance-wise. It is true, however, that the fall rattled them and it affected the whole program, even if the first BIG mistake came before the fall with Tessa not showing that edge.

vCash
    I think V-M had not such a high marks in SD at TEB.

vCash
    Pani,

Think back to Olympic year. VM will improve as they go through the season. D&W tend to stagnate after GPF.

A girl can hope!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Pani,

Think back to Olympic year. VM will improve as they go through the season. D&W tend to stagnate after GPF.

A girl can hope!
    Will see I wish this will be close competition, not like 4-65 points between V-M and D-W, like this was at WCh 2011 and GPF
    Cant wait to see what changes they will made in SD and FD andmaybe new costumes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Pani,

Absolutely NOT true. Seems to be wistful thinking on your part, but it is definitely not supported by the data.

Look at the Olympic year scores after the GP:

2010 Olympics:
    221.57 42.74 68.41 110.42 V/M
    215.74 41.47 67.08 107.19 D/W

Almost a 6-point difference in the two teams.

2010 Worlds:
    224.43 44.13 70.27 110.03
    223.03 43.25 69.29 110.49

Only 1.4 difference in scores.
    Where V/M had improved by less than 3 points since Vancouver, D/W had upped the ante by more than 7 points.

vCash
    Yea lol I don't think either team will "stagnate." But Pani I'm thinking you are right about the SD. I also think people are still comparing it to their FD from last year and are waiting to see the same amazing performance they had with their FD in the SD, but I'm not so sure it will live up to that FD (I hope I'm wrong). I wish they hadn't kept the same music, even though it's remixed. And why are people (in another thread and another forum) blaming T/S because the ISU issued a statement due to the calculation error? I mean it was a computer error, it's not like they just found an excuse somewhere so they'll win the FD, but whatever.

Anyways I found this video of a reception for Meryl/Charlie and Tessa/Scott after the Olympics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_hld7SnMAA

vCash
    People blaming Tessa and Scott because of this ISU mistake? I think only people who didnt know a lot about FS could blame them. A lot off teams made 3 lifts in FD and lost there 0,5 points in FD, because they used combination lift. Its not about V-M, but about big ISU mistake.
    I hope T-S have good time with there families and friends and will enjoy there practice time after Holydays.

Thand for this video - didnt saw it before. Werid - why Scott were sittingm when Tessa was standing near this table?
    I think that woman, who made photo with Meryl is Igors mother. But i could be wrong.

vCash

Question

By the way, did Tracy Wilson actually say that they couldn't win Worlds with this FD? I have a hard time believing she said that, not so bluntly. Does anyone have a link? People are taken out of context all the time these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    By the way, did Tracy Wilson actually say that they couldn't win Worlds with this FD? I have a hard time believing she said that, not so bluntly. Does anyone have a link? People are taken out of context all the time these days.
    Somebody did a recap of what Tracy said after the FD and no she didn't say it that bluntly, if I remember correctly the person said Tracy thinks T/S need "something" to beat Meryl and Charlie's FD cuz their is so dynamic and suits them perfectly. I don't know what that "something" is, but it needs to give their FD a wow factor that it doesn't have now for many people. And Pani when I first saw that video I was like why is Tessa standing there like that looking almost like an outsider and nobody offering a seat, but then I thought maybe she wanted to stand.

vCash
    was like why is Tessa standing there like that looking almost like an outsider and nobody offering a seat, but then I thought maybe she wanted to stand.
    I had the same thoughts.

vCash
    Yea lol I don't think either team will "stagnate." But Pani I'm thinking you are right about the SD. I also think people are still comparing it to their FD from last year and are waiting to see the same amazing performance they had with their FD in the SD, but I'm not so sure it will live up to that FD (I hope I'm wrong). I wish they hadn't kept the same music, even though it's remixed. And why are people (in another thread and another forum) blaming T/S because the ISU issued a statement due to the calculation error? I mean it was a computer error, it's not like they just found an excuse somewhere so they'll win the FD, but whatever.
    Anyone that's blaming V/M for this is crazy and hates them anyway. I'm really sure they had something to do with it, nothing better to do over the holidays I guess, GMAFB. It was a freakin' computer error deal with it!

I think their SD is fine honestly and while I think the 5 points was a bit much and I'm not sure why it happened. Maybe they thought overall it affected the perfomance, though I didn't think so. Before this I think their SD was pretty well received and seemed to be their strong point. I wish the fall hadn't happened so we could see for sure but what can you do? They'll figure it out and Worlds will be a nail-biter either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Absolutely NOT true. Seems to be wistful thinking on your part, but it is definitely not supported by the data.

Look at the Olympic year scores after the GP:

2010 Olympics:
    221.57 42.74 68.41 110.42 V/M
    215.74 41.47 67.08 107.19 D/W

Almost a 6-point difference in the two teams.

2010 Worlds:
    224.43 44.13 70.27 110.03
    223.03 43.25 69.29 110.49

Only 1.4 difference in scores.
    Where V/M had improved by less than 3 points since Vancouver, D/W had upped the ante by more than 7 points.
    I don't agree with the idea that D and W stagnate either as it is clear to me that both teams work like mad to be the best they can be.

However, I don't think comparing their improvement in an Olympic year is an accurate measure.

The commitments and media attention etc for the Olympic champs are incredibly overwhelming and getting the oomph to prepare for Worlds after that victory has been described as incredibly difficult by many Olympic Champs. So much so that many do not attend Worlds afterwards.

I do like "wistful thinking" though!

vCash
    D/W had a level 4 for their patten dance and V/M had a level 3... That and the fall contributed to the point difference. Not surprisingly, V/M has great connection to each other, D/W connects more to the audience than each other (thinking of the dancy part of the jlo song) - not as Latin!

vCash

She would never have said this or even implied it, since she has previously said several times that she feels this will be a signature piece for them. She thinks very highly of this free dance (as do I).

'Needing something' is not a condemnation of the free dance, IMO. I think it just means they need to find out what the judges are still looking for, and add it. Most likely, it's just a bit more speed in portions of the dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post

'Needing something' is not a condemnation of the free dance, IMO. I think it just means they need to find out what the judges are still looking for, and add it. Most likely, it's just a bit more speed in portions of the dance.
    maybe a busier choreography even if it doesnt suit the music?

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Anyone that's blaming V/M for this is crazy and hates them anyway. I'm really sure they had something to do with it, nothing better to do over the holidays I guess, GMAFB. It was a freakin' computer error deal with it!
    That sentiment from others is driving me crazy, too. There is no evil doing or cheating going on. T and S said they were going to go back over their numbers to try to figure some things out. Apparantly they did and caught the error. (I also dislike the insinuation that going back over one's scores is being an ungracious loser... Ack.)

It's not like they hacked the sekret computer over the summer and put in the wrong GOE just so they could make a fuss at the GPF if they didn't win...

At the end of the day, what matters is there was an error with a software program! Someone caught it, pointed it out, and something was done about it. As I said in another thread, would it really have been for the best to have just let the error remain in the software for the whole rest of the season. That's just insanity.

vCash
    Obviously fans of one or another dance team and V/M haterz......I don't read too much into it, but accept it for what it is.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Obviously fans of one or another dance team and V/M haterz......I don't read too much into it, but accept it for what it is.
    Funny thing is if the situation was reversed and this ISU scoring blooper happened to their team/s, they'll probably be crying foul as well.

Anyway, here is a nice set of FD pics from TEB kindly uploaded and shared by Nadyuha-ha

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast