Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I mean maybe V-M let there coaches know they will retier after this season of will move to another coaches?
    Shibs have the same SD, wish is V-M SD, but change the last music part.
    I don't think there's anyway if V&M were considering a coaching move that they would tell Marina & Igor at this point of the season.

vCash
    I want to add some thoughts.
    I must tell, that during ECh ice dance stream on russian TV,commentator said: " Did you know, V-M lost W-P at Nationasl in SD and they are very close with W-P in FD. Maybe this is Krylova coahing talent". So i think SC did what they want - they show V-M are not at the high level, then others.
    Just a theory but maybe it's possible that Skate Canada has conceded that V&M won't win worlds this year and that they are politiking for W&P for world bronze. Won't happen though with Worlds in France.

Then Zhulin words about Tobais-Stagnionas FD: " They didnt made any linking steps and transitions/ This FD (choreo) could be made during 30 munits. They made elements very good, but what about dance?"
    Krylova sad the main competitiors of her teams is I-K.
    Kustarova said - all talking V-M time is gone, but judges didnt show this yet.
    What does Zhulin's comment about Tobias & Stag have to do with V&M?

As for Kustarova, this just screams of politics to me. I think she should focus more on Bobrova's hideous posture and B&S's weak programs and less on the status of Virtue & Moir. I think it's quite clear she wants V&M out of the picture in the hopes it will help get her team on the podium in Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    It's actually scary how similar it is when you turn the music off.
    Isn't it though?!

One more think to like about Camerlengo & Krylova. Their teams all have unique looks and programs.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Rafter i don`t think it really matters if worlds are in France if P&B don`t hit their levels and weaver and poje do they won`t be on the podium nice or no nice. Their TES was very weak for their FD at europeans.

vCash
    Ha! I just turned off the sound, and wow- compositionally, they really are the same. BUT- Maia and Alex are SIBLINGS skating a latin dance... Tessa and Scott are very clearly NOT siblings and should be rocking the LATIN part of this dance! It is ice DANCE, after all.. if the shibutanis come anywhere close to Tessa and Scott add me to the list of those who are afraid for the future of ice dancing.

They may not have momentum on their side, but they could have the surprise that Marina was talking about for D/W on their side... hopefully they are just saving that extra umph for worlds, not nationals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Isn't it though?!

One more think to like about Camerlengo & Krylova. Their teams all have unique looks and programs.
    I disagree. Habbel start looking a lot like Weaver. And i dont like there SD, only in juniors i like team, who won Junir USA title this year
    Honestly i like Platov work. What he made with BuklandComes is uniuqe - could you imaging what he will made with V-M?

Now their choosing Funny Face I blame on Marina. Sure Tessa brought it to the table 5 years ago or whatever, but Marina is the one who suggested it this year and I think any coach with their best interests at heart would have just said NO to it. If Tessa wants to be Audrey Hepburn, let her be it in an exhibition number. There is so much GREAT music out there, why FF?
    I agree with one point- Zueva brought this idea and Tessa wish to use this music when she was (if this really was 5 years ago. With Z-S never knows truth) 17-18. At that age this was really great idea.
    When Zueva need gold for V-M she didnt let them to use this kind of music. Why now?

But.... Scott really love this music, they really love this FD and they really play great Fred and Audrey. If so i cant understand, why they start all time talking about changes. I think this could be there own victory, like involving in choreo a lot, if they didnt made THIS changes, but compete in black outfit with more jazz dancing in the middle. Who cares about marks, if judges didnt want to give them a gold? They could have audience support.

At this point i only hope they will find there confidence. Andhonestly i will not watch 4CC.

Ha! I just turned off the sound, and wow- compositionally, they really are the same. BUT- Maia and Alex are SIBLINGS skating a latin dance... Tessa and Scott are very clearly NOT siblings and should be rocking the LATIN part of this dance! It is ice DANCE, after all.. if the shibutanis come anywhere close to Tessa and Scott add me to the list of those who are afraid for the future of ice dancing.
    Its no matter how Shibs will perfom this SD - they will show easy skating and mayb more speed. But did you really think this is good for V-M that Shibs will skate there SD? From the begining of the season i cant understand - Marina want to show Shibs is worst in latin, then V- or she want to show VM couldnt skate such program clean, like Shibs?
    In any case, before all her teams had there own programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    I do agree with that. It feels as though they overreacted to something that didn't require overreaction -- Scott didn't fall, nor did they miss their levels, because the structure was somehow wrong. I really felt that as long as they drilled those rhumba sequences and the SS enough, they'd get those 4s, and once that became second nature the PCS would only have more room to grow. The restructuring just seems like overkill.
    Isn't that indicative of a coaching problem? It's the coach's job to keep a level head, look at the feedback, and figure out what, if anything, needs to be changed and how that changed should be executed. The skaters can contribute to this process, but their main job should be to execute them program and follow the coach's direction.

vCash
    Its no matter how Shibs will perfom this SD - they will show easy skating and mayb more speed. But did you really think this is good for V-M that Shibs will skate there SD? From the begining of the season i cant understand - Marina want to show Shibs is worst in latin, then V- or she want to show VM couldnt skate such program clean, like Shibs?
    In any case, before all her teams had there own programs.
    The Shibs faster than V&M? Is that what you're saying?

Anyway, I wonder if Virtue & Moir themselves can see that Marina and Igor give all their teams virtually identical SDs.

vCash
    The Shibs faster than V&M? Is that what you're saying?

Anyway, I wonder if Virtue & Moir themselves can see that Marina and Igor give all their teams virtually identical SDs.
    This made me wonder too. If all others teams have the same circular SS, V-M and Shibs have the same SDs. How V-M could didnt see this? Maybe thats why they looked werid before SD at Nationals? Could you imaging they will skate one after another at WCh? I am sure people, who want V-Mdown or dont like Z-Sh will tell judges about this

vCash
    Look what kind of choreo did Zhulin for his team this season
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NikaQues...59/bFXwGtyJd3E

vCash
    Interesting that Tracy says the Shibs are back in contention for a world medal this year with their scores at US Nats in the SD.

vCash
    Interesting that Tracy says the Shibs are back in contention for a world medal this year with their scores at US Nats in the SD.
    Thats what i try to tell you all since yerstaday.
    I never could understand, why Tracy support americans so much.
    Now Shibs will have 114 in FD and 125 for D-W

Banned Member
    vCash
    D&W just skated it was pretty good but Charlie was clearly off axis on the twizzles and that program has become boring sorry since USA has no judge at worlds they know they have to inflate both D&W and the shibs.

vCash
    We now need to think about new thread title

ooops - 114.65 for D-W. Its too low for them

vCash
    No, D&W got the 114.00

vCash
    I saw that and I still think Virtue and Moir have a chance at Worlds.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades <--title
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Because Americans (NBC) help pay her bills!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    It's very strange that we have no comments from the coaches about changes in Tessa-Scott dances. Because it's obvious that changes didn't work. What's going on with Tessa and Scott and why they were so unsure in their strength in SD? Once again, I don't understand why such brilliant duet does not shine this season and have so non-typical mistakes if they had best trainings pre-season? I have no idea. But i still hope for the best . We all know how hard Tessa and Scott work every day.
    I think the changes in the FD did work and I liked it a lot better.

vCash
    Right, now let's hold it against Tracy Wilson because she pays respect to a team that deserves respect. Please.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast