Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i might also want tessa to try a different hairstyle for the SD. instead of the ponytail, she could try braiding her hair or pulling her hair back in a low, tight bun, the way i see a lot of latin dancers do.
    Low tight buns in latin dances make me think of a tango, paso doble or flamenco rather than a samba dance. To me, samba rhythms would require something more like this style. Just the hair, not the rest.

http://blondesearch.ru/img/c0/c0d/Ri...e_Similar_.jpg

But of course, it's open for negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Not really. I think Scott's more open and wears his heart on his sleeve, while Tessa is more reserved and controlled. So suppressing her feelings and keeping to "talking points" in a difficult situation is much easier for her to do.

I like Scott's openness and warmth. The openness put him in hot water here, but I think you know where you stand with a person like that. JMO.

Exactly, and we don't want him to get burned, do we? Openess is unappreciated, so I'm glad Tessa is more controlled because that keeps a good balance in the couple.

Still no Pani?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Low tight buns in latin dances...
    Aww, you got me thinking the post would be about something else...

vCash
    Still no Pani?

It sure looks like she's committed "board suicide" this time.......carry on!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I think Tessa's dress is spot on ( http://www.papermag.com/blogs/FunnyFaceDVD_.jpg ) , but I just don't know how many judges appreciate it or have seen Funny Face. What they are doing in portraying characters so deeply is vastly under appreciated.

It is really a shame she needs a skirt, because the all black look she is going for in practice is wonderful : http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg...ilh4o1_500.jpg

Perhaps this look would be the best, though: http://nickbachan88.files.wordpress....e-balloons.jpg

I think the yellow one with the flowers would be too distracting, but maybe not!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    Thanks for the link. What I find rather fascinating in this case regarding VM and the subject of versatility is that a lot (well maybe some) of the typical figure skating fans (well at least from this forum) seems to have a tendency to first classify an ice dance program by its thematic content, (holding it to the standard of the other 3 disciplines maybe?) whereas a relative outsider like me would listen to the rhythm and look at the type of body movement being used in a program first before analyzing the theme, (which I think is what one usually do in the general world of dance, to classify types of dances into their genre that is). Even the above article arguing for VM’s range failed to mention the word rhythm, a glaring omission at least for me especially when one could argue that rhythm-wise, VM’s FDs have shown they can dance and move their bodies through a host of dance genre. From the arguments I have read before regarding this subject, I somehow get the feeling that in the world of figure skating, an ice dance team who skates to different themes (Love, death, time, space, addiction, or whatever other out there theme) but genre and rhythm wise would probably just be limited to contemporary/theatrical would be lauded as versatile, whereas a dance team who of their own free will have chosen to dance to waltz, Broadway/jazz, ballet, contemporary, and samba is one dimensional because the overriding theme of their FDs is perceived and clumped together as “lovey dovey.” I have to admit, that argument really is perplexing for me. Perhaps SYTYCD has influenced me too much to ever understand this point view.
    I agree with you. What I love the most about V&M is that they dance, they skate the rhythm and focus on every beat of the music. They skate with the music, not let the music carry them all the while with tremendous chemistry. I, too, have been influenced by SYTYCD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Here's an interesting write-up on V/M and program theme:

Range: A word or three on Virtue and Moir
    Fabulous and spot on. It's the same discussion I've had with...well in my own head when I read these criticisms. I just don't get it, but actually I do. Those that criticize V&M for always doing 'the same romantic program' really don't like them anyway, don't want to and likely never will and this is their logic. Flawed logic that is. I can't understand how FF can be perceived as 'same ol', same ol'. It's way different on so many levels. Unfortunately their 2 programs, Pink Floyd & last years Samba, that were a definite departure were done on seasons of injury and not as widely seen for obvious reasons. I just wish people would give this arguement a rest because IMO(and Jackie too!) it's BS.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    at Kevin and Patrick. Soooo crazy cute! V&M are just adorable especially Scott and his little grin. They're so small compared to the other 2 teams. Andrew Poje I barely recognize.

vCash
    V/M, D/W, and other skaters say their holiday greetings to fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Low tight buns in latin dances make me think of a tango, paso doble or flamenco rather than a samba dance. To me, samba rhythms would require something more like this style. Just the hair, not the rest.

http://blondesearch.ru/img/c0/c0d/Ri...e_Similar_.jpg

But of course, it's open for negotiation.
    (

do you want them to go for an ethnic samba look or a ballroom samba look? if tessa starts going for that hair in your pic, she might as well go for the look all the way through the costume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    V/M, D/W, and other skaters say their holiday greetings to fans.
    Very cute, Love that they saved them for last, and I love tessa's laugh.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    To play devil's advocate...Euros, 4CC, and Worlds are the only events officially classed as ISU Championships, so perhaps Scott was aiming purely for accuracy of terminology.
    I hope that was the point but the way it came across on t.v. was like he was a sore loser.. I have always cheered for virtue and moir - primarily because they have always been more talented technically (imho).. however the past few years the gap has closed and I know I am not a huge fan of their fd program this year (but love their short). It seems really cheesy.. and old.. I was actually okay with the results at the grand prix, because of the technical mistakes by Scott - however I would still like for them to win at worlds but I still don't like their program
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    do you want them to go for an ethnic samba look or a ballroom samba look? if tessa starts going for that hair in your pic, she might as well go for the look all the way through the costume.
    Yea I don't think it will look good on Tessa. I think somebody said something about a braid maybe. I think that would work or even if she wore her hair loose, in curls.

vCash
    Hi everone!
    I want to say thanks to you all for support. And thanks to admins for let us start new thread.
    No news now, but will wait untill Nationals.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

vCash
    lol Tessa going all the way through might bring them more points from some of the judges. Then again, other judges might want to deduct and since they don't know how many pros versus cons they would get, let them stay on the safe side and stick with the ballroom version.

I think I saw one of the ice dancers this season wear a flower in her hair in the SD, I think it was Ilynikh at NHK but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Aww, you got me thinking the post would be about something else...
    Huh? Such as what? lol Come on, you can be open with me, I promise I appreciate openness.

vCash
    Glad to see you back, pani!

vCash
    Great to see you back, Pani!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!

What did you think about the Examiner article - a ray of hope for us ubers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Great to see you back, Pani!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!

What did you think about the Examiner article - a ray of hope for us ubers!
    Thanks!
    What could i think about this article? Сertainly i agree with this point about romantic prgirams from V-M during all last six years. It was my point - this programs had different type of body moves.
    I re-watched all videos from that article. I muct say T-D 1994 FD was clear crowed favorite and i really love this little moves from them, wich go so good with music, but maybe now skaters couldnt made something like this with new rules
    It was interesting to see how Scott grow up during all that years.
    And how imazing they change the rythm in "Waltz Triste".
    "Umberlas" was all about moving forword, without any stop.
    And i must say, i miss Marina, who made Mahler, Flamenko, Bolywood dance and PF. Marina, comback!

vCash
    Yes, Pani is back - I can go away for Christmas holidays now.
    pug lover

vCash
    Here's an interesting write-up on V/M and program theme:

Range: A word or three on Virtue and Moir
    The only similarities i see in every program Tessa and Scott do is the connection. They always find a way to be with each other in the moment. That's why I love them!!

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast