Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    No. Unfortunately BOLD is associated with CBC and since CTV has Nationals this year we'll have to take what we can get but you're right, better than nothing.
    Does CTV take orders from viewers? If they do, I'd like to see Tessa/Scott in both programs, as well as Weaver/Poje, Ralph/Hill and Paul/Islam. And by all means PChiddy. Yes, Pani.

A European like me will have to rely on video makers and youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    But very busy end of the mounth - Canadian Nationals, Europian championship, USA championship

Yep, we will have a most exciting end of January.

vCash
    We have hope SkateBuzz will show Nationals to us

vCash
    Virtue, Moir victims of scoring error
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...ing-error.html
    Thanks PJ! She talked with David Dore

Some years ago it was decided that, for the purposes of records, once the medals were handed out, the result was the result officially. This doesn't mean that the ISU wasn't willing to acknowledge if there had been an error, as clearly we have been. In the case of the ice dance at the Grand Prix Final, it is regrettable, but it didn't change the actual outcome of the event.

Or yes - who cares if V-M must have best FD score? If this were D-W the change is- people in USA know all about justice.

vCash
    Virtue, Moir victims of scoring error
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...ing-error.html
    Thanks PJ! She talked with David Dore

Some years ago it was decided that, for the purposes of records, once the medals were handed out, the result was the result officially. This doesn't mean that the ISU wasn't willing to acknowledge if there had been an error, as clearly we have been. In the case of the ice dance at the Grand Prix Final, it is regrettable, but it didn't change the actual outcome of the event.

Or yes - who cares if V-M must have best FD score? If this were D-W the change is- people in USA know all about justice.
    The discussions about why the ISU keeps the official scores as is have already taken place. Its about a decision made "some years ago" as Dore says. It has nothing to do with politics for either D/W or V/M.

You can go on and on all you want about your politiks theories but you're wrong.

vCash
    So now other teams could give protest on ISU competitions results? It was ISU mistake, but they think all is OK and from this interview look like could didint notice it at all.

vCash
    So now other teams could give protest on ISU competitions results? It was ISU mistake, but they think all is OK and from this interview look like could didint notice it at all.
    Pani, it is, as Dore said, an established agreement. Valid for ANY case in which something like this happens, this isn't a conspiracy against the current Olympic champions, it's just the way things are. We might agree or disagree with it, but there is nothing we can do and complaining about it is pointless because the rules are the rules. We know they won the FD, they know, the judges know, so that's enough. It was an unfortunate mistake that was properly acknowledged.

vCash
    He didnt notice, that other skaters must have higher score in FD. They didnt care about people at all. Who care if ISU have results wich they want.
    ISU need "new blood", but not people who is more then 70 years old and didnt want to do nothing.

vCash
    I see there's no way to convince you, Pani, so I'll just stop trying.

Anyway, this part made me laugh:

To be honest, Virtue and Moir perform an unusual lift that isn't seen very often. None of the juniors do it and we didn't find it elsewhere.

vCash
    To be honest, Virtue and Moir perform an unusual lift that isn't seen very often. None of the juniors do it and we didn't find it elsewhere.
    Thats what i want to say - he even didnt know what elemnts ice dancers have in there FD. Its noy funny - its sad.

vCash

Who cares. With these two teams, I assume the FD scores will be even higher come their respective nationals, 4cc and worlds. The highest FD score of the season is yet to come!

DW are on a high from their season thus far, VM just got a boost from knowing that yes, Scott was right, they should have won the free skate, and now I am sure both are training hard (and watching each other out of the corner of their eyes.)

I am NOT convinced that DW have the season in the bag... in fact I think it is going to be an incredible season ahead and that VM have a great chance of reclaiming their world title. Losing the GPF might be the best thing that could have happened to them...keeps 'em motivated, and perhaps keeps them around for another season. (Still haven't won that title, and worlds in London, ON, followed by the olympic year! Come on!)

vCash
    Thats what i want to say - he even didnt know what elemnts ice dancers have in there FD. Its noy funny - its sad.
    Which is why it made me laugh. It was ridiculous of him to say that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Does CTV take orders from viewers? If they do, I'd like to see Tessa/Scott in both programs, as well as Weaver/Poje, Ralph/Hill and Paul/Islam. And by all means PChiddy. Yes, Pani.

Yep, we will have a most exciting end of January.
    Yes lots of Chiddy!
    The end of January is exciting(including Aussie Open tennis too) it's just the process of getting to the end. I'm taking down all the Christmas decorations today, I think that's why I'm feeling depressed about January, and of course the weekend of 'Canadians' I'm working all weekend yet again:

Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    I am NOT convinced that DW have the season in the bag... in fact I think it is going to be an incredible season ahead and that VM have a great chance of reclaiming their world title. Losing the GPF might be the best thing that could have happened to them...keeps 'em motivated, and perhaps keeps them around for another season. (Still haven't won that title, and worlds in London, ON, followed by the olympic year! Come on!)
    I'm not convinced either. It'll be tight no doubt but 'in the bag'? No way. Can't believe how close the Olys are again when you think about it, it's crazy. Wish I could go to London next year. It'll be especially exciting for V/M. Hope they have amazing material next year, not that this years isn't amazing, I'm just sayin'. Then again save the most amazing for Sochi!

vCash
    Is ISU still giving out small medals for each segments? What's going to happen for the FD segment? I guess officially V/M is still 2nd in the FD so they are not going to get the FD gold small medal.

vCash
    http://www.skatecanada.ca/tabid/1813...S/Default.aspx

Canadian Nationals Competition Schedule/
    Senior practice will begin January 18 at Red Ball Main Arena. Practice at main arena will be only JRed Ball Main Arenaanuary 20. So i dont know will SkateBuzz show practice from Red Ball Main Arena

vCash
    Since it said on skatebuzz that they'd stream the junior events (which are held at the main arena) and the senior practices, they'll probably just have their camera set up at the Moncton Coliseum.

Keep in mind the times on the published competition schedule will be Atlantic Standard Time (one hour later than Eastern Standard).

vCash
    Gaaaaa!!!! I miss Bold and CBC.ca.........
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I am also so sad not to have Bold, PJ and CBC. I wish CTV spent way less money on all the fluff pieces and just showed us more skating. I have loved the simple voice of PJ explaining/complimenting when appropriate but letting the skaters do the entertaining. I believe this is a long-term contract with CTV. Is there no way we can give feedback/complain in any effective way? I am very disillusioned with most television shows lately and this just makes my blood boil.
    pug lover

vCash
    Not to change the subject back to a previous one, but THESE are the outfits Scott and Tessa should wear for Funny Face... http://collider.com/uploads/imageGal...hepburn_01.jpg

If Charlie can wear a tux so can Scott, and Tessa can play both the vulnerable and spunky parts of Audrey's character in this dress.

I feel like I want to call them "Hey Scott, lemme fix your PCS issue...the way your packaged right now could be better"

vCash
    Not to change the subject back to a previous one, but THESE are the outfits Scott and Tessa should wear for Funny Face... http://collider.com/uploads/imageGal...hepburn_01.jpg

If Charlie can wear a tux so can Scott, and Tessa can play both the vulnerable and spunky parts of Audrey's character in this dress.

I feel like I want to call them "Hey Scott, lemme fix your PCS issue...the way your packaged right now could be better"
    So you think new outfit could bring higher PCS? I am not sure - i think this must be more about music and transitions.
    Why we didnt have secrete agenda in Canton? The main question - what V-M will change or will not change before Nationals.

vCash
    I do agree there's something not right about the way their FD is packaged right now.

I personally love this FD, so for me it's not about the choreography per se, but their costumes are not saying "Funny Face" to me.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast