Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    The ISU says they made a mistake in the FD calculation and T/S actually won it: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db/isu_f...tem.php?id=985
    Man, I wish I was there when Scott learned of this... Doesn't change the final results, but I bet there was a fist pump followed by a big hug for Tessa.

vCash
    The ISU says they made a mistake in the FD calculation and T/S actually won it: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db/isu_f...tem.php?id=985
    Good news! So they will not change this last combination lift on two simple.
    Its take long time to see this mistake for ISU. Why coaches and officials didnt saw this from the begining of the season?
    But better later, then never.
    They didnt change FD score at GPF.

vCash
    I wonder how much what Scott said influenced them recalculating the scores or do they usually go back after a competition and double check everything? But like what Pani said they would have caught it earlier in that case, I don't know, but now I'm sure Scott (and Tessa too) feel validated and will feel more confident in their FD.

vCash
    After GPF FD i read at few forums about this combination lift base value. So this happened not becase Scott was unhappy with there component score.
    Fnd as for FD - we cant ignore Tracy Wilson words at GPF and FF FD.

vCash
    So just to be clear, how would the score look now? And didn't we mention this difference between the single lifts and combination lifts way before this? How come the ISU never noticed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Fnd as for FD - we cant ignore Tracy Wilson words at GPF and FF FD.
    What words?

ETA: I doubt Tessa and Scott considered modifying that combination lift, or at least I hope they didn't, it's gorgeous.
    Last edited by Golightly; 12-28-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Yay!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    What words?
    She said this FD will not bring gold for them at WCh.

So just to be clear, how would the score look now?
    + 0,5 to there FD score

vCash
    pani, do you have a link for that commentary by tracy?

vCash
    Good new about the FD marking.......happy to hear it.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    i wonder how this will be acknowledged beyond a little note on the isu website because according to everything in the media, tessa and scott lost the fd and are sore losers for feeling like they had it in them to win that fd... plus, the loss confirmed once again that funny face wasn't good enough.

vCash
    Wow! At first I thought okay what's the catch.? it's not April 1st. I thought it was a joke but wow that's good they admit it. At least it didn't affect the final outcome. I hope that would never happen, it would be.
    But anyhow

P.S. Those photos from TEB are stunning. Fabulous work!

vCash
    Is that error on the GOE of the combination lift a .50 increase in the TES or the PCS part of the score? As I recall, Scott was unhappy with the lower PCS in the FD and losing because of that, rather than the TES, but maybe I'm wrong. So, one could argue that the fall in the SD did cost them the GPF title, as they've been consistently marked well in the SD, and with the correct score on the combination lift, they've also been marked the best with the FD. I wonder if Tracy Wilson would change her comments, now that she realizes they actually won the FD against what is considered a "better" FD from D&W? This just will make worlds even more interesting doesn't it. Maybe it's not a forgone conclusion that D&W will win worlds?

vCash
    This is OT and probably already mentioned, but I wonder if Tessa and Scott would skate to something from The Artist? Just got back; loved the film, LOVED the score. I know they've done similar things before, but it would be so cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    Is that error on the GOE of the combination lift a .50 increase in the TES or the PCS part of the score? As I recall, Scott was unhappy with the lower PCS in the FD and losing because of that, rather than the TES, but maybe I'm wrong. So, one could argue that the fall in the SD did cost them the GPF title, as they've been consistently marked well in the SD, and with the correct score on the combination lift, they've also been marked the best with the FD. I wonder if Tracy Wilson would change her comments, now that she realizes they actually won the FD against what is considered a "better" FD from D&W? This just will make worlds even more interesting doesn't it. Maybe it's not a forgone conclusion that D&W will win worlds?
    The only place I've read that D/W winning worlds as a foregone conclusion is on this thread.

vCash
    Where did you see this? This is amazing that you even found it.
    Thanks for sharing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    The only place I've read that D/W winning worlds as a foregone conclusion is on this thread.
    I agree, but also read it in the D&W thread, but whatever. I was speaking to the doubters that V&M could not win this year with the FF program.

vCash
    That's interesting, I'm not trying to be cynical or pessimistic at all, but this was just a hunch that I got. Even without the 1 pt deduction that T/S got as a result of the fall, I still think D/W would have had a few points over them. And I also feel that if it wasn't for the 5 pt lead D/W had in the SD, the point difference in the FD would have been greater in favor of D/W.
    bbkenn it was on the ISU homepage.

victoriaheidi, what is the artist about. If it has any romantic feel to it, I don't think they should do it cuz a lot of people seem to think every FD they've ever done has a lovey dovey theme and that that's the only theme they are capable of.
    Last edited by Shayii; 12-29-2011 at 06:11 AM.

vCash
    "That's interesting, I'm not trying to be cynical or pessimistic at all, but this was just a hunch that I got. Even without the 1 pt deduction that T/S got as a result of the fall, I still think D/W would have had a few points over them. And I also feel that if it wasn't for the 5 pt lead D/W had in the SD, the point difference in the FD would have been greater in favor of D/W."
    Sharij

Why, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say?

vCash
    I agree, but also read it in the D&W thread, but whatever. I was speaking to the doubters that V&M could not win this year with the FF program.
    I missed those posts, but then it has been kind of a crazy GP season. I would disagree with anyone who said that V/M couldn't win with their current FD.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast