Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

After one of my favourite moments from the FD.

What would you like to see them improve in both dances?

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    I think the SD is solid but since I can't have the original lift I'd like they to sex up the one they have

As for the FD I guess find a way to make the posing parts more flowing. I understand why it's designed that way, they announce a change in the plot and help make the changes in music fit better but it's giving some the impression they aren't doing anything or rather as much as their main competitors. I don't agree with that but because their choreographic dancing in place comes with a music change more attention is drawn to it. Not sure it will work the other way though. I think I understand now why Marina said it's more complicated choreography.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    For the SD, I'd like them to do whatever it takes to get level 4s for the circular non-touch step sequence. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of it - the way they make things look so extended. But I wonder whether the positions (as exquisite as they are) make it hard for them to show strong edges (in comparison to D/W) as the bodies are more upright when they hit them. Any thoughts from someone with a better understanding of the physics of it all would be welcomed.

As for the FD, I agree that it seems that the judges seem to favor busy-looking non-stop choreography. Not sure though whether it is possible to do that while maintaining the mood of the music. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Banned Member
    vCash
    They need to get rid of the breathing points in the FD and make the coreo more seamless so that the interplay has a permanent feel to it, they need new costumes, Tessa in a nice black dress similar to what the lady has in the movie the artist and Scott a nice white costume and Jacket.

Now the SD get the level 4 on the rhumba sequences, improve the lift, skate closer together in the no touch step sequence.

vCash
    a more asymmetrical cut to her SD dress, regardless of the color--if she's really stuck with the blue, that is. to me, that kind of cut says latin more than the current cut of her blue dress.

vCash
    i might also want tessa to try a different hairstyle for the SD. instead of the ponytail, she could try braiding her hair or pulling her hair back in a low, tight bun, the way i see a lot of latin dancers do.

vCash
    I love the hot pink dress with frills she had on for the GPF. Hope she keeps it.

As we have been spoiled by Tessa's constant wardrobe change, I think I am bored with her red dress for the FD. I bet we will see something new at the Canadians.

vCash
    I think Tessa would rock the proverbially tough to pull off yellow. A primrose yellow dress with capsleaves, simple and streamlined. Hmm a fangal can dream.

vCash
    I'd like to see them work on the first lift in the FD. The positions they get into in it look awkward,and as a result, they've been losing some GOE on it that they could easily pick up. It's the curved, I believe.

vCash

vCash
    Lovely Pictures

vCash
    I never noticed until these photos that Pechelat and Tessa Virtue have similar faces.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Those last three look like they are from that interview at TEB by the OrangeTeam. Looks like they are sitting outside the stadium, same setting.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    I think Tessa would rock the proverbially tough to pull off yellow. A primrose yellow dress with capsleaves, simple and streamlined. Hmm a fangal can dream.
    Do you mean for the SD or FD?

After reading many comments about the FD red dress, I'm starting to agree that both Scott and Tessa need to have different costumes for the FD. I'm not sure what that would be, but they need to change the look they have right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Those last three look like they are from that interview at TEB by the OrangeTeam. Looks like they are sitting outside the stadium, same setting.
    Yes, it quite looks like the setting Orange Team chose for their post-TEB interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    After reading many comments about the FD red dress, I'm starting to agree that both Scott and Tessa need to have different costumes for the FD. I'm not sure what that would be, but they need to change the look they have right now.
    Maybe they will make us a nice surprise at the Canadian Nationals. And if they show up in the same costumes, we will keep on posting they'd need to change them until they do.

Their top priority though should be that of fixing whatever needs to be fixed in their choreography so that they up their transition scores. I agree with marbri about the posing points in their FD. And I also agree with DORISPULASKI about their first lift.

I want pani to come back.

vCash

Cool

I think that they will work on the choreography - they always do at this point and we will see a wonderful FF for Canadians.

Pani come back!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Pani come back!!
    like i said earlier (and someone deleted my post), pani is too big of a fan to stay away

vCash
    cbc interview post fd at gpf

all tessa does is string talking points into sentences while scott lays it all out there. she's beaming. he's frustrated. not easy to watch.
    Last edited by kina; 12-19-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    We don`t know what the marks mean anymore I think we saw a clear shift at worlds last year and the bias for Davis and White.

vCash
    This totally reminds me of the Kween when she would skate well and get 5.5s and 5.6s from some judges which she then just right there said on camera in the KnC "whatever with those marks...".

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast