vCash

Katia and Ilia New Year's Skate in Simsbury

A wonderful opportunity to see two great champions at very reasonable prices for a great cause!

SIMSBURY — — On New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, HartfordSkates.com will present "Winter Fantasy On Ice," a figure skating show to benefit Gifts of Love.

The family-friendly performance features two-time Olympic and four-time world champion Ekaterina Gordeeva and Olympic and European champion Ilia Kulik. Skaters from the International Skating Center of Connecticut, Champions Skating Center and The Bolton Ice Palace will perform.

"Being able to share their joy and love of skating with you all and for such a great charity as Gifts of Love is truly a tremendous opportunity for all," said Bob Crawford, owner of the three rinks, in a news release.

Shows will take place at The International Skating Center of Connecticut, 1375 Hopmeadow St., on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets cost $10 for general seating and $20 for reserved, on-ice seating.

The show benefits Avon-based charity Gifts of Love, which helps families in need in the Farmington Valley and Greater Hartford.

"We have seen an increase in clients again this year and are helping over 500 families each month," said Diana Goode, executive director of Gifts of Love, in the release. "The proceeds from this event will help us sustain our programs and assist our clients, friends and neighbors to simply get back on their feet."

The skating center and the town of Simsbury will be collecting gently-used skates for the Bushnell Park ice skating rink at the performances.

Shows will take place at The International Skating Center of Connecticut, 1375 Hopmeadow St., on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets cost $10 for general seating and $20 for reserved, on-ice seating.

Tickets are available at the ISCC, Champions Skating Center in Cromwell, the Bolton Ice Palace, Gifts of Love, 35 E. Main St., Avon; The Hair Loft, 136 Simsbury Road, Avon; Body Talk, 51 E. Main St., Avon; Simsbury Farms Ice Rink,100 Old Farms Road, Simsbury and Flatbread Company in The Shoppes at Farmington Valley in Simsbury.

For more information about Gifts of Love, visit http://www.giftsoflovect.org or call 860-676-2323.

vCash
    Very impressed that they are doing this show in Connecticut even though they are living in California now!

vCash
    I thought they were divorced?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I thought they were divorced?
    Not so. They are in Orange County and have been there since moving back to CA; Ilia will be opening his own training facility, Kulik's Skating, in 2012 in Lake Forest, CA. Exciting stuff!!

They both are also doing Stars On Ice in the US this year (Katia is also doing the Japan dates) and they did Scott's fundraiser for the Cleveland Clinic in November together. They both will also be starring in the last show of the Disson Skating season (taping outside Seattle in late January) "Romance on Ice." Busy folks.

It's really great that they can give some time to such a good cause at their former home base.
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-16-2011 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    I would sooooooooooo love to be there. Why oh why do I have to live in Germany??? But it´s great they´re doing this show. I hope we get some reports about it!!!

vCash
    me too !!!! love to watch katia skate -i would even watch her stroke around the rink ALL day..... ( yes there IS somethign wrong with me!!)

vCash
    yes there IS somethign wrong with me!!)
    If there's something wrong with you, it's not that!! Her strong, elegant stroking is a thing of absolute beauty and not to be minimized in these days of sloppy basics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    If there's something wrong with you, it's not that!! Her strong, elegant stroking is a thing of absolute beauty and not to be minimized in these days of sloppy basics.
    =) everytime i see her skate live i am AMAZED at the sound of her blades.....so much power and still they are silent!!

vCash
    So they must be going straight from Lake Placid to Simsbury, since the opening night of Stars on Ice is Dec. 30!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Oh you lucky people who get to go to this. You do realize we expect full and complete reports from this, right?

vCash
    Willowway, Will Ilia come to Stars on Ice Japan Tour ?

vCash
    Chize - Ilia will not be doing the Japan dates which I know is disappointing for his Japanese fans.
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-19-2011 at 02:01 PM.