Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Kween alert! On-ice induction ceremony starting soon! (live streamed for season pass subscribers on Icenetwork)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-29-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I wish we could see the montage better
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Brian Boitano speaking now... I wonder if he is re-using part of last night's speech?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    rfisher are you at least crying softly enough to hear brian?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    rfisher are you at least crying softly enough to hear brian?
    I was OK until she started crying.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    MK getting choked up at the well earned adoration
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Don't cry, Michelle! (Hi LadyNit! )

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    She looks absolutely gorgeous.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    interesting - MK thanks "my coaches", Frank Carrol & Lori Nichol, but not Rafael or Scott Williams
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    What a remarkable woman she's grown to be. She will always be my favorite skater.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    I was crying a bit watching the ceremony and reliving so many memories; Jazzie kitten looked at me like I was crazy, lol. It's even beyond her skating- there is something so special about Michelle, something that comes along so rarely.

I hope she inspires the last 2 groups of skaters tonight to really go for it.

vCash
    Man, I wish I could see this.

Hope someone will post it somewhere later.

vCash
    I totally teared up too. I'm so happy I got to witness such a special moment. Michelle looked so beautiful! The crowd cheered a long time when she took the mic. She cried but delivered her thank you speech very composedly.

I feel so honored to have witnessed Michelle's journey from 1996 in San Jose to now. She's such a remarkable athlete and an incredible woman. She's given the sport so much and I'm just grateful I can say I grew up during the Golden Age of skating and got to witness all of those amazing Michelle Kwan moments firsthand. She is so deserving of this honor and I'm so happy and proud of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    interesting - MK thanks "my coaches", Frank Carrol & Lori Nichol, but not Rafael or Scott Williams
    Understandable though. In the grand scheme of things, Rafael and Scott didn't do much of anything. Michelle was already Michelle Kwanwhen she went to them. Not too much to do there...

But Frank and Lori deserve the credit for transforming the little spindly-legged, ponytailed jumping bean into the elegant, graceful and amazing skater she became.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    Man, I wish I could see this.

Hope someone will post it somewhere later.
    Hopefully either IN will or USFS will put it up on their youtube channel. They already put up this nice tribute slide montage a while ago in honor of her induction:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQFL...jMBiryIkQqQ51a
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Hopefully it will get posted there soon. I missed it and most of the ladies' short programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Understandable though. In the grand scheme of things, Rafael and Scott didn't do much of anything. Michelle was already Michelle Kwanwhen she went to them. Not too much to do there...
    Then Kwan completely wasted her money on both of them, right? People had commented that MK's jumps looked bigger when she was with Rafael. Kwan was with Rafael for two seasons. Publicly thanking him and Scott for their time wouldn't have taken that much of an effort.

vCash
    Ahhh, that was wonderful. Yes, a special moment. I hope they will show some of the induction ceremony on tv tonight. Also, maybe the opening montage might be shown as well -- as IN did not show it full screen.

I had to laugh when I saw that the opening to the montage was an excerpt from the Jerry Maguire movie in which Cuba G's character refers to: The Kwan The Whole Package. In a GSD thread several weeks ago, I had posted that very dialogue. I wonder if those who put the montage together got the idea to use that excerpt from the JM film after seeing my post.

MKwan has definitely made a big impact, not just on fs, but on American culture, while at the same time staying down-to-earth, genuine and amazing. I loved seeing the emotion and friendship between Brian and Michelle. It's always lovely too to see what Michelle is wearing.

Thanks manleywoman for the photos taken at the induction ceremony!

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    THe montage was the same one they showed at the HOF Friday night ceremony, and the speeches by both Brian and Michelle were truncated versions of Friday night's as well. So in other words, the $100 bought you longer speeches (that were admittedly good), two drinks, food, hob-nobbing with skating royalty, a medal, and a chance to get a photo or autograph with Michelle.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    While waiting for the video are there any photos from the event??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast