Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Ice Network has uploaded both the Friday night ceremony and the on-ice ceremony on the web-site for paying customers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post

I had to laugh when I saw that the opening to the montage was an excerpt from the Jerry Maguire movie in which Cuba G's character refers to: The Kwan The Whole Package. In a GSD thread several weeks ago, I had posted that very dialogue. I wonder if those who put the montage together got the idea to use that excerpt from the JM film after seeing my post.
    LMAO that's exactly what I thought

vCash
    Someone has posted the ceremony on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhpiGjnRdA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    THe montage was the same one they showed at the HOF Friday night ceremony, and the speeches by both Brian and Michelle were truncated versions of Friday night's as well. So in other words, the $100 bought you longer speeches (that were admittedly good), two drinks, food, hob-nobbing with skating royalty, a medal, and a chance to get a photo or autograph with Michelle.
    And it only cost $100? That's a steal!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    ^^^
    If I had been able to attend, I would have considered it money well-spent!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    ^^^
    If I had been able to attend, I would have considered it money well-spent!
    It was probably the best $100 I've ever spent towards anything skating related. It was a very well organized event -- lots of great food, efficient bartenders, a good mix of seating & standing space. Best of all, of course, was the warmth and graciousness that Michelle extended to every single fan who wanted to take a picture, get something signed or share a story about how much she meant to them. She is such a class act.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Exactly. It was such a beautiful, positive evening, and even without the Michelle factor would have been worth the $100 alone. That Michelle spent so much personal time with everyone was icing on the cake.

I even made sure to lobbychick Pat St. Peter the next day to thank her for such a wonderful event, to which she thanked me for attending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Then Kwan completely wasted her money on both of them, right? People had commented that MK's jumps looked bigger when she was with Rafael. Kwan was with Rafael for two seasons. Publicly thanking him and Scott for their time wouldn't have taken that much of an effort.
    Oh good grief, she was obviously overcome with emotion, this was the arena where she had big breakthrough skate which was while she was with Frank and Lori, I don't think it was meant to be a slight. Of course, read anything you like into it...

I'm still waiting for the snarks (maybe not here or somewhere) that "she wore a gold blouse, how dare she, she never won Olympic gold!!!!!"

Seriously beautiful ceremony all around.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Some posters just look for things to complain about!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    [QUOTE=AnnM;3465113]It was probably the best $100 I've ever spent towards anything skating related. It was a very well organized event -- lots of great food, efficient bartenders, a good mix of seating & standing space. Best of all, of course, was the warmth and graciousness that Michelle extended to every single fan who wanted to take a picture, get something signed or share a story about how much she meant to them. She is such a class act.[/QUOTE]

Ah..

Tranquillo
    vCash
    This isn't about the HoF induction, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Cute clip of Michelle at the First Lady's fitness event for kids in Iowa.

Slightly different clip
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 02-10-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    ^^ Michelle is so AWESOME!!! How many other figure skaters are on a first name basis with the president and his wife?

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I had some audio clips of the Hall of Fame, plus an interview with Heather who runs MKF, on my latest podcast.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    This isn't about the HoF induction, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Cute clip of Michelle at the First Lady's fitness event for kids in Iowa.

Slightly different clip
    Thanks so much!

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Oksana just posted this article...so cool to know...

Michelle when asked....
    7.What is the greatest women's skating performance you ever have seen, live or on live television?

Oksana Baiul at the 1993 World Championships, when she came out of nowhere and lit the world on fire. She was 15, and it was so inspirational that she was able to win worlds at that age, and that motivated me. It was the way she performed. I remember Frank (Carroll, her longtime coach) came back from that worlds and said, “You’ve got to watch this girl.” She was able to make you forget it was a program with elements. It was such a performance, so much fun to watch, so much energy. Even her exhibition program, when she skated to Michael Jackson, I’ve never seen anything like it. I just wanted her to keep on skating.

(NOTE: In 1993, Baiul was the second youngest – to Sonie Henie – world champion in history. A year later, she became second youngest Olympic champion in history. Tara Lipinski then became youngest in both categories when she won the 1997 worlds and 1998 Olympics. Kwan won her first worlds at 15.)
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...rina-slutskaya

K....BYE!.......:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345