Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    10 year anniversary from Salt Lake City Olympic 2002

    It has passed 10 years after Salt Lake City Olympic 2002.
    What an unforgettable moment!

    Alexei Yagudin, Congratulations on the 10th anniversary from Salt Lake City Olympic Gold medal!
    Thanks billions for everything in the past.
    Wish he will be fascinating us in a future

    On February 12th, Salt Lake City Olympic Men’s SP.
    SP Winter

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJsWpjp-X4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEfR4dQ8wAw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_dt...eature=related

    Interview after SP

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpN9k...eature=related

    On February 14th, Warm up before FP.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwZhGUVCSg

    FP Man in the Iron Mask

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On65xmS5Xls
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7oM...eature=related

    Medal Ceremony

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhIhlRUp1BI

    Medal Ceremony at Olympic Plaza

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhUv7...eature=related

    EX Overcome

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QA7UU2R-hQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GvEMcd9qcs

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    soooo... 12 years later and Sandra Bezic still has no clue on how COP works

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,000
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Tonight KSL (Salt Lake NBC affiliate) is showing the 2002 opening ceremonies again. I'm enjoying it.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Hard to believe it's been 10 years already.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    gingerbread city
    Posts
    320
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    thanks so much for those lovely memories! I watched the men´s LP in the middle of the night (being in Germany...) and went to school the day afterwards, it was worth every second!! what a mesmerizing competition!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,227
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    416
    10 years since I became a fan of skating!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    46
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    182
    Thank you for such wonderful memories. Alexei is the best skater ever. Noone can ever reach his level.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    664
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My fave Olympics ever !.
    It had everything.
    I also had to watch in the middle of the night, so I remember being freezing cold & having to watch it with the volume low-so not to wake anyone up !.
    I spent last summer copying my VHS tapes of it onto DVD & watch them often.
    I so miss Yagudin & Abt.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,000
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Here in Utah, we stayed up till 2:30 AM watching the rebroadcast of the Opening Ceremonies. I miss Jim MacKay. The city never looked better. Great memories.

    I also remembered 10 years ago last night was the pairs free skate.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    10 years since I became a fan of skating!
    Same for me! and I am now a figure skater since 2003!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    SLC 2002 are the only Olympics (winter or summer) I ever attended, so they will always be special in my memory.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,708
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    2002 the year the US became a winter Olympic power.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    Posts
    3,815
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2089
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    SLC 2002 are the only Olympics (winter or summer) I ever attended, so they will always be special in my memory.
    They're the only Winter Olympics I ever attended, or probably ever will, so they have such a warm place in my heart. Park City was so fabulous! Such beautiful country. And of course-beautiful Alexei. I saw a number of winter events, but nothing to compare with Alexei's win in terms of emotion and drama. I still have a tee shirt and lots of photos!

    Summer Olympics are so different...I went to the Atlanta Olys of course-I worked with them. They were also wonderful in their own way, but boy-do I have some stories!!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    wherever they cheer for Davis/White
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    For me it was magic, mostly because it was the first Olympics I followed as a skating fan. I was so young and didn't really know shit about the rules, but I remember all the excitement. I remember it as something totally magical and unique.

    Yags was pure brilliance and pure talent. It's 10 years later and there hasn't been anyone even close to him ever since. Makes me really positive about that Yagudin was the best skater ever. You can go on all you want about how amazing Plush is for coming back again, but honestly, I would take a year of Yagudin over 10 years of Plushenko anytime. The man was perfection.

    The whole pairs drama was nothing but riddiculous for me. I didn't understand much of the ladies situation, but I remember me and my sister were totally pissed (I was a fan of Michelle, she loved Irina). Ice dance broke my heart because I loved D/V from day one. I still believe they deserved so much more in their career than they were awarded.

    The SLC gala is still one of my favourites. So many beautiful, memorable programs.

  15. #15
    Comansnala?
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Vacation Island
    Posts
    2,314
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for the sweet memories, Nonko!

    Is it really 10 years ago now? To me it seems like yesterday when I've spent almost the whole night on my sofa just to watch Alexei's victory ... and after that having some sparkling wine and nice twaddles/giggles on telephone with my skating friends. I was way too excited and overwhelmed to sleep then.

    Sigh, those were the days, when Olympic Men's competitions were Olympic Men's competitions and the resulting Olympic Champions actually were Olympic Champions ...

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,832
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    9461
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Summer Olympics are so different...I went to the Atlanta Olys of course-I worked with them. They were also wonderful in their own way, but boy-do I have some stories!!
    Care to start another thread and share some stories? I just luvs to read me some gossip, even if its 16 years old.

    I can't believe that was 10 years ago! I distinctly remember watching the events like it was just yesterday, and its been 10 years! Amazing.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    664
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    For me it was magic, mostly because it was the first Olympics I followed as a skating fan. I was so young and didn't really know shit about the rules, but I remember all the excitement. I remember it as something totally magical and unique.

    Yags was pure brilliance and pure talent. It's 10 years later and there hasn't been anyone even close to him ever since. Makes me really positive about that Yagudin was the best skater ever. You can go on all you want about how amazing Plush is for coming back again, but honestly, I would take a year of Yagudin over 10 years of Plushenko anytime. The man was perfection.

    The whole pairs drama was nothing but riddiculous for me. I didn't understand much of the ladies situation, but I remember me and my sister were totally pissed (I was a fan of Michelle, she loved Irina). Ice dance broke my heart because I loved D/V from day one. I still believe they deserved so much more in their career than they were awarded.

    The SLC gala is still one of my favourites. So many beautiful, memorable programs.
    So agree !. Yagudin raised the standards so high, I've yet to see anyone who comes close. Also D/V were really robbed (I loved their 2nd compulsory & thought it was the best).
    I watched the gala a few day's ago. Yagudin was amazing. I really felt for Kwan's tears. I also thought it was nice that Elena & Anton skated later than Sale & Pelletier. There was a lot of respect between the two couples.
    Also BaileyCatts, we should start another Olympic thread. I went to the Barcelona Olympics in 1992 & Athens 2004-Very different games !

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    10 years since I became a fan of skating!
    Me, too.
    And 10 years since I became a fan of Alexei Yagudin

    Men LP Last group on Russian TV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySy...ayer_embedded#!

    The highest level of any competitions ever!

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    233
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NONKO View Post
    Me, too.
    And 10 years since I became a fan of Alexei Yagudin

    Men LP Last group on Russian TV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySy...ayer_embedded#!

    The highest level of any competitions ever!

    Wondering what did those Russian commentators say about yagudin? I heard the female commentator already called him the olympic champion even before the scores came out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •