vCash
    Big accomplishment. Congratulations!
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Congratulations!

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    Thank you all for your congrats.

BigB08822: Because the University of Buenos Aires is huge, so at any given time there are, at list, 15.000 people requesting their diplomas, which are had-made individually after the UBA has chequed with the faculty that you are indeed ready to graduate. After that, the diploma has to be signed by the Dean of the UBA in general and the Dean of the law faculty in particular.
    And because there are certain protocols you have to follow, wich can take a few days each.

Civic: Nope. This is it. There is no such thing as a Bar exam in my country, once you have your diploma you just have to go to the equivalent of the state bar associations in Argentina to get into the lists of practising lawyers of the province, or provinces, you wish to practise in and you can start working.

Ziggy: No, I'm actually one of the "good ones"
    I work at a court of law and will continue to do so after I get my diploma. I'll continue to be one of those lawyers that send their lifes trying to disentangle the truth from all the mess the lawyers bring to the court, trying to probe their client's innocence, to be able to give the people the right and just ruling they deserve.
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

Blergh
    vCash
    Wait, it's that easy to find work as a lawyer in Argentina?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by D&Sfan4ever View Post
    There is no such thing as a Bar exam in my country
    Awesome!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Wait, it's that easy to find work as a lawyer in Argentina?
    Not really.
    It's easy to start practising once you have your diploma...finding clients, or a firm to work in, is a hole different can of worms. Not to mention that, if you work at a firm, your salary the first few years is lousy.
    I'm just lucky I started working at a court of law 7 years ago, so I don't have to worry about it.
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Thank you all!

Not really, the University of Buenos Aires is so big, and has so many students (the law faculty alone has 30.000), that 6 to 8 months is pretty fast by their standards, I thought they would say I'd take 1 year, or more, when I asked.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

When I graduated from law school in 1996, I graduated in mid-May, took the Maryland bar exam in July, and found out I passed in mid-November. I had friends in some states who didn't find out until December. So that was 6-7 months from graduation in the US system. Yours sounds better to me - no bar exam, more or less the same wait.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    ¡Enhorabuena! Great done!

I work at a court of law
    Coolest places , it´s known

I'll continue to be one of those lawyers that send their lifes trying to disentangle the truth from all the mess the lawyers bring to the court, trying to probe their client's innocence, to be able to give the people the right and just ruling they deserve.
    That touched my very legal heart

My University law diploma, signed by the King , took more than a year, but when you ask for it the University certifies that you have the requirements to do so, so it was a proof you had passed the examinations.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Ah, congratulations! I sort of know how you feel, because I just found out yesterday that I got into one of my top choice medical schools. Yay for professional development!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Congrats, D&Dfan! And congrats to cailuj365, too!!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123