Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I really enjoyed this finale, despite the lack of closeness (nee "drama"). Very well laid out ... the map challenge was very cool if not very hard (anyone who raced the race should know that simple order) ... and Atlanta looked lovely. If not for Marcus' OMFG horrible piloting (well, landing mostly) skills and bad advice from a passerby for the Invisibles, it coulda been an excellent race-to-the-finish.

I fully expected Ernie and Cindy to win, esp. since God's Bros went out last leg. (LOL at ErCindy giving the boys props, while contemplating losing to the "C" students.) Was surprised when so many of you in the Suicide game did not pick ErCindy.

That was one friendly, genuine-looking big bath mat gathering! All season long you could tell that there was more friendliness among this crew of racers. Nice. I really liked hairy Boarder's final words about the amazing opportunity God had given them to race. I think we'll see both the Boarders and Team NFL on the next All-Stars season.

Marcus called Amani smarter than Peyton Manning, there at the end. ("smarter than any quarterback I've played with ..." Sure she's smart, but my man #18 is genius smart.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Finally! Go Amani and Marcus. Don't let the Deer of Doom get you!
    Deer of Doom?

That was kind of a let down episode for a finale. I wanted Team NFL to win, but you knew as soon as they started all the "homefield advantage" talk that meant they were toast. And then the Invisibles going to the wrong place and spending so much time there, kinda saw it coming they would never catch up and Ernie and Cindy get the win. And once they left the flight sims (way cool by the way ... are normal people like us allowed to do that??), they never saw each other again at either challenge.

Does anyone know how far behind time-wise 2nd and 3rd place finished? Did Team NFL even do the puzzle challenge, or were they so far behind they just gave them a clue to send them straight to the bath mat (all edited of course)?
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 12-12-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Deer of Doom?

)?
    Prancer
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Bummed that Amani and Marcus did not win, but Cindy and Ernie did race well throughout the whole race and deserve their win.

I too am wondering if NFL did the map challenge - they would have been fun to watch.

With all the bickering couples, I really enjoyed seeing a mature, happily married team that functioned well and truly love and respect each other - and we saw it times 2 this season with NFL and the older couple. I hope NFL gets another chance on this show.

vCash
    If I had any say, I would think that 3 teams would be in the pool of potential returnees for an upcoming All Stars edition (if there is one)... NFL, the snowboarders, and Bill & Cathi.

Ernie & Cindy were excellent racers, but I would be surprised to see a winning team on the show again. I think Uchenna & Joyce were only brought back because they wanted the rivalry drama with Romber.

The Invisibles were too invisible (heh) to be asked back, I think, although for a dating couple they definitely were way up on the List of Tolerability compared to some of the other demons we've had in past seasons.

vCash
    Sooooo happy that Ernie and Cindy won! For the first time in many, many seasons, my favorite team won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    If I had any say, I would think that 3 teams would be in the pool of potential returnees for an upcoming All Stars edition (if there is one)... NFL, the snowboarders, and Bill & Cathi.

Ernie & Cindy were excellent racers, but I would be surprised to see a winning team on the show again. I think Uchenna & Joyce were only brought back because they wanted the rivalry drama with Romber.

The Invisibles were too invisible (heh) to be asked back, I think, although for a dating couple they definitely were way up on the List of Tolerability compared to some of the other demons we've had in past seasons.
    I don't understand why they called it "All Stars". All stars, to me, means a race between the previous winners, not a race between some of the winners and a bunch of bridesmaids. I think calling the last one "Unfinished Business" made much more sense.

But.... I digress. I'm happy for the winners, even though I hoped NFL would somehow pull it off. I miss my Amazing Race!!!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    Sooooo happy that Ernie and Cindy won! For the first time in many, many seasons, my favorite team won.
    Wow. Er/Cin had an uber. Who knew?

vCash
    A friend and I were going through former teams that would have the biggest potential for epic meltdowns during the final map challenge.. here's what we came up with.

Nick & Vicki - who not only think London is a country, but I'm sure would have a swell time locating it on a map.
    Laurence & Zac - with Laurence standing on the ground commenting on how he could have done it so much faster.
    Dan & Andrew - they could barely march (heh) their way out of a paper bag, they're basically lucky they made it around the world.
    Colin & Christie - my map is broken! This is bullshit!
    Pageant Queen Caite - 3rd-world countries, such as South Africa, the Iraq, everywhere like such-as... her boyfriend was no prize either.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Reviving this thread to post a cute video of Phil dancing with Gombey Dancers in Bermuda at an MS fundraiser. (he tweeted the link):

I will dance for a good charity, #Gombey style! even if I might need hip and knee surgery when I'm older
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    And I just saw a commercial that the next season starts in just a few weeks!

vCash
    I believe I read that it begins again on Feb. 19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12