View Poll Results: Which team do you prefer?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Savchenko & Szolkowy

127 62.25%
  • Volosozhar & Trankov

77 37.75%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Savchenko & Szolkowy or Volosozhar & Trankov

Between Savchenko & Szolkowy or Volosozhar & Trankov, which team do you prefer and why?

YEAH!
    vCash
    S&S for now, because they're more developed artistically and have a great variety of programs. V&T are still new. If I had to compare S&S during their second season (05-06) and V&T (11-12) I'd pick V&T.

Such a shame V&T didn't hook up right after Torino.

vCash
    They're both really good huh? There's almost a foot in height difference between V/T O.O

vCash
    These teams are GREAT!)I hope they'll build a similar rivalry in pairs to V/M&D/W in dance

vCash
    Both are fine teams when they are on. But based on tonight's event, I believe that while S/S showed the most of what they are capable of at this stage, V/T with all the mistakes, more room for improvement and still almost beat them. That says a lot about unrealized potential V/T has.

vCash
    Why isn't there a 'both' option?

If I absolutely have to choose 1, I'll be shallow and pick V&T on the basis of Max being .

vCash
    Program quality are what's keeping me on team S/S at this point, V/T definitely have more potential right now, but their programs cant even hold a candle to the masterpieces that S/S have this season.

vCash
    V/T. They just have "it" for me. I've never been much of a fan of S/S although I do appreciate some of what they do. Honestly the only time I was ever moved by them was their "Out of Africa" skate. V/T are still raw but they have the potential to be one of the greats, imo. I like passionate skaters.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Both!
    S/S for intricacy and originality, V/T for the "grand sweep".
    I love them both, but I really want Maxim and Tatiana to get a World Gold, and at the very least an Olympic medal. They've been brilliant all along, and waited long enough.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    V/T. They just have "it" for me. I've never been much of a fan of S/S although I do appreciate some of what they do. Honestly the only time I was ever moved by them was their "Out of Africa" skate. V/T are still raw but they have the potential to be one of the greats, imo. I like passionate skaters.
    "Out of Africa" at SC, "Schindler's List" at LA Worlds... S/S made me tear up quite a few times. V/T make my heart race. Choices, choices.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I like both, I decided based on their programs this season. I love S/S's Pina free program, so many details to see.

vCash
    S/X at this point. Their Programs are masterpieces
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    I love them both. I like V/T a little more because I appreciate their more traditional style, but I really do like both a lot.

Good poll question, BTW! It appears as though FSU is 50/50 on this one.
    Last edited by Jenna; 12-11-2011 at 05:54 AM.

vCash
    I never liked S/S so I picked V/T. That doesnt mean objectively speaking I think V/T are the better team now if both skate their best, but I definitely like them more. S/S just dont appeal to me whatsoever.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Why isn't there a 'both' option?

If I absolutely have to choose 1, I'll be shallow and pick V&T on the basis of Max being .
    We are twins.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Gah, both teams are fantastic that it's really hard to choose. (FSU agrees. Exactly 50/50 split in this poll at the moment!) I chose V/T, because I prefer their more classic style and they have some of the best elements I've ever seen. Watching them is exciting, especially knowing that they're still a growing team. I completely respect S/S though, and I love their current Pina FS as well as Schindler's List from a few years ago. Until V/T, they were the only pairs team that were semi doing it for me.

vCash
    For me S/S for their amazing opening and closing throws, versatility and very often - a masterpiece programs.
    V/T on the other hand have probably one of the best twists ever and both are gorgeous skaters with wonderful skills and one the best posture of all currently competing pairs. They do really lack in cool programs though.
    So S/S by now but the margin is very narrow and I think V/T have enough time to realize their great potential by Sochi.

vCash
    I love S and S. I really want them to win gold in Sochi especially after what happened to them in their beautiful Out of Africa FS in Vancouver.

vCash
    S/S. I love how innovative they are and how they challenge themselves artistically and technically.

I was very excited about the V/T pairing when it was first announced (I'd hoped it would happen) but I really don't like the direction they're going in artistically.

vCash
    Overall I respect S/S more because of their longevity, creativity, and always trying to push themselves.

But honestly, V/T are an all-time best team in the making, and they've only been competing in ISU for 1 year. They legitimately almost beat a clean competition S/S, it's really something unreal how quickly they are developing. The way they looked at this GPF was a way more developed pair than the performances at Worlds last year. I think with two more years they will be getting 10's. Lot's of them. And they honestly might deserve a lot of them. They combine power, finish, grace, and beauty as well as any team that I've ever seen. And they do each skill so well that all you can do (besides trash the choreography) is nit-pick tiny little details here and there. And they haven't even been together 2 years. Two years from now they'll have over twice as much experience as we saw in their performances today, and if we see performances twice as good as today in Sochi from them I'll be the first to call them the best pairs team of all-time.

There is still so much they can work on and so much to be done, but the potential in them for growth when they're already deservedly scoring very high and being legitimate World champion contenders is crazy. If there has ever been a sky's the limit slogan for any team I've ever seen, it's V/T.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast