Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    I'm so sorry for you loss, Cupid. I gave my dog a hug on your behalf, but she didn't acknowledge it because she gets hugs all the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Well, I found the house but it had a small, fenced-in yard. She liked the freedom of the yard, but seemed disappointed with the fence. I remember her running up to it and looking back at me as if to say, "what is this?" I said, "it's the best I could do!".

So here we were in our new home with a yard for 6 weeks, and now she's gone. Never thought this would happen.
    A sad and sweet story.

When we put our last dog Maia to sleep we did a shiva of sorts. I put pictures of her up all around the house and candles beside them. I let the candles burn for several days. She passed at 14, having been blind and diabetic for four years. A lab-shepherd cross - I remember who met Maia saying "now, there's a dog with a soul".

We cremated her as will and still have some of the ashes.

The cost of loving our animals is losing them. I think they give us more than enough to make the cost one worth paying. But it never gets easier.

vCash
    So sorry. There's something about the loss of a dear pet that tears at us in a very difficult way, unlike anything else. I know you'll treasure the memories.

vCash
    So sorry about your doggy.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    (((Cupid))) I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Dogs are so special and love unconditionally. I gave my Miss Molly (a Shih Tzu/Maltese cross) an extra hug today. We both send our sympathies.

vCash
    So sorry for your loss, Cupid.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Aw I am so sorry, I lost my faithful border collie, Lucy the day before my birthday last year

Cried for a week and my young chihuahua was so upset too and pacing the place, I had to get her a new friend.

You never forget them though ... Hugs xx
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123