Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

My dog died yesterday

I tried to help her, took her to the vet, but in the end, I watched her take her last breath. This all happened in about a 15-hour span, unbelievable!

She was my best friend, my walking buddy, I had her for 10 years and she was perfectly healthy. She lived out the average life span for her breed, but I was hoping to get a few more years at least out of her.

Hug your pet for me today. Don't take them for granted. Mine went so fast.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    I tried to help her, took her to the vet, but in the end, I watched her take her last breath. This all happened in about a 15-hour span, unbelievable!

She was my best friend, my walking buddy, I had her for 10 years and she was perfectly healthy. She lived out the average life span for her breed, but I was hoping to get a few more years at least out of her.

Hug your pet for me today. Don't take them for granted. Mine went so fast.

So hard to lose a pet, regardless of age. ((((Cupid))))
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Thank you. Tears keep coming. I think of all the good times we had and could have had.

Someone wants me to go shoppoing with them today. Maybe I should go just to get away from the house. I see all her treats sitting in a jar, what do I do? Put them away, leave them out? I still hung her stocking on the mantel like I've always done. Her bed is still next to my bed. What do I do with that?

I just can't believe she's gone! It was like one moment she's here, and the next -- Poof -- gone!

vCash
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Devastating to lose a companion. Hugs to you.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    We lost our beagle, Luke last summer. I know how difficult this is for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

vCash
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Some people don't understand that losing a much loved pet is losing a member of your family. I'll give my dog Charlie an extra hug today and think of you.

vCash
    I'm sorry for your loss, Cupid.

Quadless
    vCash
    I'm really sorry for your loss, cupid. You are lucky to have had such a wonderful relationship with your dog, but that's exactly why you hurt so much today. Try to remember all the good times you had during your 10 years together, and keep her always in your heart.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I'm sorry.

vCash
    Cupid -- I'm so sorry. It sounds like you were really, really good for each other, and the sudden loss is such a shock. How lucky that you picked each other. Hugs to you.

vCash
    The family has had that happen several times in the last few years. It is never a happy time. My condolences to you.

NJL

vCash
    So sorry to hear about your loss. When I lost my dog, I gave his (unopened) treats and dog food to the local shelter--that made me feel a bit better. I still have his bed and stocking.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    I'm very sorry.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    (((Cupid))) I'm so sorry for your loss. It hurts to lose a friend.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Cupid, my heart just aches for you! I have had too much experience with losing my darling pets over the past few years because I adopted a bunch of cats who weren't that far apart in age, so they all went on me one after the other over a short time span, though I had them for 21-13 years. It's awful. I lost my precious Bandit last January, and if I think about it, I still tear up. He was my best friend.

I only know what works for me, and you need to do what you feel comfortable doing. However, if it were me, I would go shopping. I have always found distraction to be good for me when dealing with grief or unpleasant events. Buy yourself something pretty! It isn't being shallow or unfeeling-believe me, the grief will return soon enough, but you will have rested your soul a little in the meantime by focusing on something else.

When I lost my babies, I usually had been nursing them through illness, so as soon as they were gone, I got rid of everything that reminded me of the ordeal-mostly the meds, special foods, jars, etc. Actually, I have had all my pets cremated, and I have a cabinet full of special little urns that go back 20 years. It is a comfort to me-they're still here with me-kind of!

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    I'm so sorry for your loss
    Dogs are real family members and I am already scared of the day our dog is going to leave us.
    He turned 11 recently and this year has been very rough for him and I can't imagine how to live without him someday.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    I'm glad she had you.

vCash
    So sorry, A lot of people know exactly how you feel right now. Our pets are our children.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I'm glad she had you.
    This!
    (((((Cupid)))))

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast