Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

vCash
    I thought that this purpose of this thread was to offer our support for Jeremy.

vCash
    Take this time, get physically well. Find the focus and the drive to do your best this next year.

When some skaters compete, you hold your breath. When others compete, they take your breath away. Jeremy can do both.

vCash
    Happy 28th Birthday to Jeremy Abbott!

Here's an IFS magazine article about his Japanese fan club meeting in Tokyo during World Team Trophy where he first revealed that Robin Cousins would be choreographing his SP: http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...se-celebration
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jeremy

vCash
    Jeremy tweeted today:
    "Not going to lie this made me cry! thank you SO SO much!!! This has been a CRAZY journey that I never want to end!!!"

His tweet included the link to this fan video montage of his skating clips set to "Bring Him Home": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qP_woVMwJQ
    (I admit, I chuckled when the "And I am old..." song lyric flashed on the screen. )
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    May this year bring all the success and happiness you wish for!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Take this time, get physically well. Find the focus and the drive to do your best this next year.

When some skaters compete, you hold your breath. When others compete, they take your breath away. Jeremy can do both.

Happy Birthday Jeremy!

vCash
    A belated Happy Birthday!!!!

Huge fan of your FS programs especially your own choreographed Exogenesis by MUSE. You always makes a bit weepy with your beautiful FS, and sometimes unfortunate competition results.

I will never forget meeting you in LA a few years back. Nice clear blue eyes, big smile, and really long eye lashes hehe...

Go Jeremy!!!! I can't wait to see what you and Robin come up with. I am a huge fan of his choreographed work, 6.0 programs for COP.

Take them all down, let it be the year of the Abbott.

vCash
    Good luck to Jeremy. I think he has an equal chance of making it to the national team for Olympics.

(miskarne will surely commit hara-kiri then)
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    From Tony Wheeler's review of the "Skate for Hope" show this past Saturday: http://www.flutzingaround.com/2013/0...sary-show.html
    Jeremy Abbott skated to 'Bring Him Home' from Les Miserables and landed a perfect triple Axel. Jeremy's skating skills are remarkable, and he listens to every single note of the music with his entire body.
    "Bring Him Home": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj3lKHhbV3o

Minori (@JeremysJPfans) has uploaded her photos of Jeremy from "Skate for Hope": https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...03149803102193
    ETA Jeremy's tweet: "@Jeremys_JPfans thank you Minori! This picture is one of my favorites ever!!!" http://instagram.com/p/avzYUZG8AN/

More photos, etc. are posted in the event thread in GSD, starting from: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3939489
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-19-2013 at 10:08 PM.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    A huge wish of mine is for Jeremy to skate with freedom and zest in a major international competition like Worlds or Olympics with the same smooth, controlled abandon of emotion that he shows in this performance from the 2013 World Team Trophy Exhibition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9PWWQot5Y. If he could skate like that in international competition, he would be unstoppable and, of course, JEREMAZING!

vCash
    ^^ Yeah, thanks for posting that performance.

Jeremy was obviously very relaxed and having a great time performing for the Japanese fans. I hope he can carry that energy, enthusiasm and relaxed but focused approach throughout his final eligible season. No matter what, I look forward to just enjoying watching him skate.

vCash
    I am bumping up this thread - hope no one minds!

Jeremy's skate in NHK brought a tear to my eye. In many ways, the NHK trophy was like his last chance to prove himself (if he had skated like he did in SC, then I think you could pretty much say that the Sochi dream is gone). But now I think there's JUST a chance - however slight - that the authorities will pay attention again!!! Loved the way he fought through the 2nd triple axel, the lutz sequence and the loop. I thought his PCS were too low though.

Whether Jeremy makes it to Sochi, I'm thankful that he finally delivered a clean-ish performance of this programme which fans from all over the world can watch and watch again

vCash
    Go go go Jeremy. You can do it!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Congrats to the medal at NHK Trophy!
    Go for Sochi!!

vCash
    It was lovely to see Jeremy happy after the performance!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I may have missed the news, but did Jeremy change his FS midway this season? I could have sworn that he was skating to different music (which I didn't like) at the earlier event. In any case, it's good to see him back with the Muse program of which the music is so much more moving.

vCash
    I love Jeremy's skating. He is so artistic, he reminds me somewhat of Toller. Just wish he can become more consistent, because I'd love to see him at Sochi.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    So excited for Jeremy this weekend!!

He still has to overcome his bugaboos when it comes to the quad, but overall, he seems to be on the right track as his spins are much improved over last season, and skating is as sublime as ever .

I understand his technical marks, given the botched quad in the SP and the couple of hiccups on landings in the FS, but I felt he got screwed on PCS -- funny that he skated this exact program with mistakes in the past yet he received much higher PCS then, and for them to be that close to Max Aaron's? I like Max, but those to are in different galaxies when it comes to the second mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    So excited for Jeremy this weekend!!

He still has to overcome his bugaboos when it comes to the quad, but overall, he seems to be on the right track as his spins are much improved over last season, and skating is as sublime as ever .

I understand his technical marks, given the botched quad in the SP and the couple of hiccups on landings in the FS, but I felt he got screwed on PCS -- funny that he skated this exact program with mistakes in the past yet he received much higher PCS then, and for them to be that close to Max Aaron's? I like Max, but those to are in different galaxies when it comes to the second mark.
    Also, I don't understand how Jeremy's PCS is comparable (or lower?) than Javier Fernandez ... Javier pretty much had a meltdown (by his standards anyway) and Jeremy delivered arguably his best performance ever of this free programme. One judge gave Jeremy like 6s and 7.0 across the board for PCS ... it's so atrocious!

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast