Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

I know there is a Jeremy's program thread but I just want to open something to uber for a few days (or maybe just for a few minutes)

OMG OMG Did everyone see his GPF performance tonight? It was AWESOME , SUBLIME . It surpassed almost anything else I've ever seen and right there with Chan's Tango and Yagudin's Winter! I can't believe I'm falling IN LOVE with a short program yet again!

Hope he does well and make the podium tomorrow ... Jeremy!

vCash
    A-MA-ZING !
    I love Jeremy, but it was even more with his SP at GPF. He looks so comfortable, even with the mistake on the first jump.

vCash
    I am joining the Uber thread. Love love love Jeremy this season, especially his long program. I really hope he can skate it to its full potential!! It's truely a piece of art!

vCash
    Jeremy is awesome! I love his artistry!
    FSUers need to do something special for him at Four Continents!
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 12-10-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Jeremy may be in second place right now, but he was the STAR of the SP last night .

GOOOOOOO Jeremy!!

I'm going to be a freaking mess during the FS - I need to see if I can find a valium or something to take beforehand . I want so badly to see his Muse program skated to its fullest potential as it is an absolute masterpiece. I wasn't a blubbering mess the first time I saw it, but I definitely had some tears in my eyes when it was done. It has absolutely sublime skating and choreography that is so organic, that when you combine it with Jeremy's emotion, and soul that comes through in his expression, it's bloody gorgeous. Dai's FS is great, don't get me wrong (his NHK performance of it was briliant), but it doesn't reach into me, grab my heart, and wring it to the point that I'm choked up at its end.

I posted this in the PBP thread, but I've put my money where my mouth is - if Jeremy can win (or get silver, since Chan can apparently win with 8 zillion mistakes ), win Nats, and medal at Worlds, I will quit smoking cold turkey.

No pressure, Jeremy .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    I'm a freaking uber. The FS also brings tears to my eyes. The ice is a canvas, and Jeremy is the artist - now I finally know what that truly means. I think I've come to understand and accept the fact that real artists will never be consistent skaters. And I'll just enjoy the ride that Jeremy is taking me on and rejoice in whatever accomplishments that he will achieve - both competitively and artistically. To me, he's SUCH an amazing skater, the once-in-a-life-time type.
    Last edited by shine; 12-10-2011 at 03:35 PM.

vCash
    Sign me up. I am totally Jeremy's uber. Love his musicality, his line, his edges, his program choices, his uncompromising artistry.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I have loved Jeremy since 2008 Nationals. Like others have noted he is so musical and so fluid on the ice. Plus, he has this emotional connection with his programs that I haven't seen since the Kween was skating. His SP is AMAZING and his LP is just...there are no words to describe how beautiful and magnificent it is. I really hope he can perform it to its full potential tonight. Also, I am glad the judges are finally rewarding his awesome skating! Only a point behind Chan and a point ahead of Dai on PCS? I never thought I would see the day!
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think I've emailed Jeremy's FS to anyone who'd ever expressed a shred of polite interest in skating.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    His SP is AMAZING and his LP is just...there are no words to describe how beautiful and magnificent it is. I really hope he can perform it to its full potential tonight. Also, I am glad the judges are finally rewarding his awesome skating! Only a point behind Chan and a point ahead of Dai on PCS? I never thought I would see the day!
    Yes! It is so great to see Jeremy getting such enthusiastic response this year from the audiences, and from the judges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I think I've emailed Jeremy's FS to anyone who'd ever expressed a shred of polite interest in skating.
    I was thinking of putting Jeremy's LP and Carolina K's SP on my facebook with big letters: "Why I am crazy about skating". I should. I will.

vCash
    Hey I think that is a good way to get more figure skating addicts fans in the world.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Good .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I was thinking of putting Jeremy's LP and Carolina K's SP on my facebook with big letters: "Why I am crazy about skating". I should. I will.
    I did at the beginning of the season !

vCash
    I've been an "uber" where he's concerned, for a long time!

vCash
    I don't claim to be an uber Jeremy fan, but I would really like to see him a world title, or at least a world medal this year. He has the talent to, but it has not worked for him at the worlds/Olympics so far. He could turn out to be like Paul Wylie who ultimately put it all together when it counted the most. It could happen this year or in the Olympic year (sooner the better though, IMO).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't claim to be an uber Jeremy fan, but I would really like to see him a world title, or at least a world medal this year. He has the talent to, but it has not worked for him at the worlds/Olympics so far. He could turn out to be like Paul Wylie who ultimately put it all together when it counted the most. It could happen this year or in the Olympic year (sooner the better though, IMO).
    Oh, wow, would I ever love this to happen. The comparison to Paul Wylie is spot on...beautifully artistic skater who couldn't seem to nail his jumps. Until he finally did.

Jeremy got nailed in his FS at the GPF but that is still a program and if he doesn't get it this season, I hope he keeps it another season. I can watch him skate all day long.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I'm sure that he's not happy with today's long program, but it's a step in the right direction for him to land the quad and the opening triple axel.

Just once (okay, maybe twice), I'd like to see him do that long program. I really want him to skate well at Nationals. I want him going to Worlds, and I want it to be on the heels of a good performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I'm sure that he's not happy with today's long program, but it's a step in the right direction for him to land the quad and the opening triple axel.

Just once (okay, maybe twice), I'd like to see him do that long program. I really want him to skate well at Nationals. I want him going to Worlds, and I want it to be on the heels of a good performance.
    Yes to all.

vCash
    LOVE LOVE LOVE his skating. I don't think there's a program of his that I don't like, and I love that he's tried so many different things and styles. He's definitely one of the most versatile skaters out there. And I am SO glad he did dance for a while, because his basics are AMAZING and that's not true of many of Tom Z's other (former) skaters. He has excellent flow and power and his blades are quiet as can be. And he's very musical.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast