Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Your reply seemed to indicate that you didn't get the suggestion from that poster.

That's what these types of threads always bring into play. When there's a terrible crime, someone always makes a suggestion that the culprit should be punished outside of the justice system. The posts often become sick fantasies of torture unto themselves.
    If you torture me (or my people)...I torture you? An eye for an eye kind of thing?

I admit I have inappropriate thoughts about punishment that should befall certain individuals (which involve snipers and the uber-uber-uber-rich). But then I do my best to get a grip on myself and realize that elimination of that kind of person does not remedy the problem and I try to think about ways to eliminate the problem rather than those who bring about that problem... Still working on it...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Polish Americans? The article says the events took place in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England.

This just proves I spend too much time in the PI forum.

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    In fact, I remember reading this story and I believe they are Polish Poles. As in from Poland. Yet more reasons for Ziggy to be proud.
    When I lived in UK, I maintained no contact with any Polish people other than one close friend and made a lot of effort to speak with a British accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Put them in the general population of the prison and let everyone know they are pedophiles.....that should merit some harsh punishment.

How about you hit yourself on the head with a big hammer instead of wishing violence inflicted on other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    To me most if not all crime cries out for justice but sometimes the crime is so brutal and cruel that I think it cries out for revenge. Our countries have laws in place for humane punishment so the "me's" of the world will settle for justice and that is good. But I must be honest in telling you that I want those two individuals to feel the terror that poor woman felt when she was attacked and buried alive. Even if the terror lasts...say two minutes. Hence the general prison population/ pedophile suggestion.....I don't say I'm right but I am being honest about how I feel about this.
    Congrats, this puts you on an equal level with the perpetrator of that crime.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 12-13-2011 at 11:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Yes, I know that.

I really have a problem with comments about letting "prison justice" take care of problems. It distances the person making the statement from the full impact of what they want to happen. You're talking about lying about someone's crime in the hopes that direct violence will befall them - why not just be honest and say you want to do to them what they did to the woman? Why make other people accomplices to your revenge fantasy?
    You are right of course. If I want an eye for an eye then I should be the one to punish them and I don't want to be anywhere near them.

vCash
    If you told the prison population that they were pedophiles and let them loose, they would have far more than 2 minutes of pain, and would have a high chance of being murdered themselves.

That may be what you're going for, but I don't think you quite understand what you're saying.

vCash
    FWIW, he was convicted of attempted murder and will be sentenced Jan 13:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news...ying-her-alive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123