vCash

US Nat'ls: skaters might choose pre-skate music (your choices for fav skaters?)

http://twitter.com/#!/PiperGilles
    PiperGilles tweet: "I just heard that at usa nationals you can pick what music you want to be played before you compete. I think we should do that too #WhoaisMe"

Anyone else hear news of this?

It sounds like at 2012 US Nationals, the skaters have a chance to choose what music is played before they compete. I'm guessing that's the song that's played as the skater-before-them is in the kiss/cry awaiting their marks.

If it's true, it's kinda nice for the skaters to get to supply their own-pre-skate pump-up song. I'm assuming it wouldn't be like boxing / other fighting sports where they play 20+ seconds of music as you enter the arena -- but instead just the song played in the arena (to help fill the silence) as the skaters await their scores at the kiss/cry. Right?

What theme-song / pump-up song would you choose for your favorite skaters?

Given how many tweens and early teens are competing, I'm just hoping that there isn't too much Kei$ha, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, etc. Otherwise, this could be a fun touch to the competition for both fans and skaters.

vCash
    I think I'd play the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack for Ricky, just for old times' sake.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I think it would be fun to pick something really really random. Because the TV will focus on the kiss and cry skater, not the warming up one- and people watching will think it is THEIR music.

/but I have a weird sense of humor like that...

vCash
    Forgive my age, but howsabout ELP? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imm_pEHp7fU Or the Honeydrippers? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4fIQvr8e0

vCash
    It would kind of mean but strategic to play something really sad and depressing while the judges were finishing up their GOE's for the last skater....buttttttt im just saying

vCash
    I would want blitzkrieg bop by the ramones.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Winner by Justin Timberlake and... i forget who else.

We are the champions?

Remember the Name - Fort Minor

All I do is win!

Top of the world - Cataracs

hmmmm... these all sounds fitting