Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't mind not voting. I can't choose a favorite anyway. Jeremy, Johnny, Ryan, Sasha, Nicole, actually all of them were really good. Some songs obviously were easier to skate to than others, but overall I think they all did very well.

Nicole seemed much more serious and mature (in a good way) off the ice, but just as musical and fun on the ice. I hope she's doing well.

And, on a more shallow note, I like Sasha's hair.

vCash
    Wheeeee Mirai and Jeremy!!!!

Also on a shallow note, I want to give a deep conditioning treatment to all the band members. They all have very tortured looking hair.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    I don't know if an arena can handle Nicole and Ryan on the ice at the same time

Johnny and Nancy doing mirror FW and SBS spins!

Loved all of the scratch spins each skater did in the finale.

FANTASTIC SHOW!
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 01-15-2012 at 10:59 PM.

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    I don't know if an arena can handle Nicole and Ryan on the ice at the same time
    I know. They are totally

LOL at Nancy and JWe skating together.

Love all the pairings. The skaters look like they are having a blast. WOW at the spin move Sasha and Mikey did.

I guess that this is just bringing out the inner in everyone.

vCash
    Agree with all the compliments to Sasha's hair. A lot of different hairstyles look good on her (lucky girl!), but this one is particularly nice.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Great show! Event he finale was fun. So glad I tuned in.

Styx wasn't bad for a bunch of old fogies.

vCash
    Awesome show!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    And, on a more shallow note, I like Sasha's hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Agree with all the compliments to Sasha's hair. A lot of different hairstyles look good on her (lucky girl!), but this one is particularly nice.
    Reminds me of something like this. Sasha has the right kind of face for it, too.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tlk View Post
    This show was so much more fun than I expected!
    Me too! Lots of good skates! I thought some of these skaters would struggle with this music - not so!

vCash
    Disson needs to do a Rock Opera on Ice. The music from Queen would be perfect!

vCash
    Spoiler about voting:

Spoiler

vCash
    Of course Johnny will win- that's a given. It was a fantastic show! Disson got it right! All the skaters were great!

vCash
    This show is worthy of an Emmy nomination!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I only was able to catch towards the end, Michael Weiss, Sasha and Johnny, who were all good, but I have to say, Johnny really sold Grand Illusion. He worked it, clearly got into really interpreting the song and looked great technically as well. Excellent!
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    A very entertaining show! I was hooked and anticipated watching it from my first look at the promotional clip on youtube where the skaters are assigned their first songs. For the second numbers, I agree with those posters who have said how difficult Styx music is to skate to, but that all the skaters were definitely up to the challenge. Everyone did a great job, really interpreting the music well and doing difficult moves too, not just skating around posing.

LOL, Johnny's first number actually called for some sexy "posing," but I don't think his posing is that reminiscent of what Morosov wrought upon poor Amodio. At least Johnny is being true to the music and not aggressive and petulant with the posing a la Amodio as per Morosov's choreo.

My favorite performances are Jeremy's first number to Paradise, Johnny's second number to Grand Illusion and Sasha Cohen's first number to Lady Antebellum's Just a Kiss (I loved her hair too). I also enjoyed seeing Nicole and Ryan perform! Everyone was quite good and all were looking fit and happy. It was definitely a great cast.

My only quibble is with how the camera kept cutting away from the skaters during their second numbers. If they want to show the musicians, they need to do a split screen. I guess the best way to have enjoyed all the performances was to be there live.

Jeremy really looks in fine form, and I too hope it carries over for him through Nationals and Worlds! I love this fun Christmas song performance from Jeremy at the Unforgettable Holiday Moments on Ice telecast from 11/2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9ZVbp-Yev8o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Despite not being familiar with Styx, Mirai did a great job with her program to their music. I enjoyed that more than her first program.
    WOW, Boat on the River, that is one of my favourite songs.... I´m sure that it fitted Mirai really well!

vCash
    I enjoyed the show a lot, but I still prefer the original concept of Improv-Ice from the late 1990's/early 2000's. That was Robin Cousin's concept, right? Improv-Ice in Philly (12/2000) was very memorable - Sasha had a wardrobe malfunction (?), Mike skated to "Sex Bomb", a few months before Plushy did it, and Todd skated to "Who Let the Dogs Out?" The previous ones were memorable for us too, especially for the "Kurt" factor.

vCash
    That was Robin Cousin's concept, right?
    Yes, it was.

vCash
    Thanks paskatefan and skatesindreams! Yes, I remember that it was Robin's original concept, but I don't recall how different it was from recent shows. Can either of you enlighten further?

BTW, paskatefan, is there a youtube clip of Todd skating to that song? I'd love to see it, as I don't recall seeing it before.

vCash
    I'm not paskatefan; but, here it is:

Todd Eldredge - "Who Let the Dogs Out" - 2000 Improv Ice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q770Z7SNr4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast