1 0.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.

vCash

Russian Nationals Ladies Medals Poll

This field is just

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Queen Tut, Sotnikova and Leonova with a Euros team of Leonova, Makarova and Biryukova.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Go TukTuk.

G- Tuktamisheva
    S- Leonova
    B- Sotnikova (unless Lipnitskaya can sneak in)

4- Makarova
    5-Biryukova

(4, 5 are important since Tuk & Sot/Lipnit cannot be on the world team)
    Last edited by Vash01; 12-06-2011 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    I would love for Korobeynikova to sneak onto the Euros or Worlds team. She's got a 3F-3T, 3T-3T, and 2A-3T. She just needs to get more consistent with her jumps. I love the way she moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    I would love for Korobeynikova to sneak onto the Euros or Worlds team. She's got a 3F-3T, 3T-3T, and 2A-3T. She just needs to get more consistent with her jumps. I love the way she moves.
    I like her too. Russia clearly has an embarrassment of riches in the ladies field. I wish it would somehow carry over into the mens field where there seems to be a drought of talented men.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Tuk, Leonova, and Lipnitskaya (has she ever medaled before? I know she's been top 5).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Tuk, Leonova, and Lipnitskaya (has she ever medaled before? I know she's been top 5).
    No, her highest finish was 4th last year. I agree with your choices, though. I'd love for Korobeynikova or Biryukova to be on the world team! I'm guessing that Shelepen and Leonova will be locks, barring disaster. They've had good, consistent seasons so far.

This field is really deep I think everyone but Medvedeva has a triple-triple.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Three wonder babies sweep the podium!

Probs
    Tuk
    Lip
    Sot

vCash
    Top 5:

Elizaveta
    Alena
    Adelina / Yulia
    Sofia
    Polina K / Polina S

Junior Gold:

Elena Radionova or Lipnitskaya

although for euro and worlds
    I would to have either of Polina Korobeynikova, Shelepen, Biryukova and Leonova

vCash
    I think Alena is going to win nationals and Liza in 2nd and Adelina in 3rd.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    No, her highest finish was 4th last year. I agree with your choices, though. I'd love for Korobeynikova or Biryukova to be on the world team! I'm guessing that Shelepen and Leonova will be locks, barring disaster. They've had good, consistent seasons so far.

It that just wonderful or what?

And they are doing the jumps in the sp and lp.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Medvedeva has 3s-3t but she won't be at Russian Nats, she's the 3rd substitute.

vCash
    I think this might be Leonova's year to win, she has yet to be Russian champion, and she's already beaten Tuktamisheva and Sotnikova this season, the only wunderkind left for her to beat is Lipnitskaya.

vCash
    Very impressed with Korobeynikova at the GPF. I prefer her to Shelepen and would love to see her make the Euros and Worlds team this year and think she could feasibly beat out Shelepen at nationals - when she's on her jumps are just as good and the rest of her skating is superior IMO. I think a clean Korobeynikova can beat Shelepen, Biryukova, and Makarova at nationals, which would put her on both the Euros and Worlds teams (theoretically) regardless of the placements of Tuk, Lip, and Sot. But Shelepen has been very consistent this season and Biryukova and Makarova are older with more senior/intl experience, meaning if the fed might prefer to send one of them if they skate decently at nationals. But ugh Ksenia's been skating poorly all season and her FS is utter crap and Shelepen has a nice body line and nice jumps but the rest of her skating leaves me cold. I do like Biryukova, but at this point Korobeynikova has more content, only issue is her consistency. But I really hope she goes to Euros at least.

vCash
    Polina K is good but not great IMO. I love Biryukova and I think she's a contendor for a Euros medal for sure if she goes. Shelepen is also very strong and a Euros medal contendor. Has Polina K. ever beaten either? Last year at Nationals Biryukova was 6th, Shelepen 7th, and Koro 10th. At junior Nationals, Shelepen won silver, Biryukova 6th, and Koro finished 11th.

As far as ISU high scores go-
    11 166.07 Sofia BIRYUKOVA
    13 162.34 Polina SHELEPEN
    27 151.18 Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA

After 5 stages of the Russian Cup- the top scores are:
    Sotnikova 196
    Shelepen 187
    Lipnitskaya 185
    Tuktamysheva 179
    Makarova 172
    Gerasimova 169
    Medvedeva 163
    Biryukova 162
    Radionova 160
    Korobeinikova 159
    -------------

So any way you slice it- Koro finishes behind at this point. I'd be pretty surprised if she made it to Euros or Worlds...but she's not too far off either.

vCash
    I want Leonova to win Nationals. She showed great determination to stay relevant, and I admire that. I also would love Alena to finally win a medal at Europeans ( silver would be nice- Gold, in my mind, should go to Kostner).

I think Russian Nationals podium will be Alena, Liza, Adelina; with Alena, Polina Shelepen' and ? ( Korobeinikova or Biryukova) going to Europeans. I prefer Korobeinikova, but I like them both.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Polina K is good but not great IMO. I love Biryukova and I think she's a contendor for a Euros medal for sure if she goes. Shelepen is also very strong and a Euros medal contendor. Has Polina K. ever beaten either? Last year at Nationals Biryukova was 6th, Shelepen 7th, and Koro 10th. At junior Nationals, Shelepen won silver, Biryukova 6th, and Koro finished 11th.

As far as ISU high scores go-
    11 166.07 Sofia BIRYUKOVA
    13 162.34 Polina SHELEPEN
    27 151.18 Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA

After 5 stages of the Russian Cup- the top scores are:
    Sotnikova 196
    Shelepen 187
    Lipnitskaya 185
    Tuktamysheva 179
    Makarova 172
    Gerasimova 169
    Medvedeva 163
    Biryukova 162
    Radionova 160
    Korobeinikova 159
    -------------

So any way you slice it- Koro finishes behind at this point. I'd be pretty surprised if she made it to Euros or Worlds...but she's not too far off either.
    Polina K has made a lot of progress technically this season. Last season, she had no 3lz and the 3f was a new jump for her, this season she has 3lz as well as 3f-3t and 2a-3t combos, so that makes a big difference. She also seems to be getting more consistent. At this point, Shelepen is more consistent and Biryukova is more artistic, but if they were all at their best, I think Korobeynikova could come out on top because she has the combination of jumps and artistry, when she delivers. We shall see. It will be a very intense competition for sure!

vCash
    Will be interesting to see how high the scores go at nats given all the technical fire power that is a given, but the more balanced pcs marks given out internationally

vCash
    Tuk, Leonova & Lip. I think that Lip will win, although I personally prefer Tuk, when all skate cleanly.

Gosh, it's amazing how Makarova has fallen in people's estimations this season. I guess that diamonds are not a girl's best friend?
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    can i pick Ovcharova?