Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    I don't think that the folks at either Henson of CTW would've let one of their characters be done so poorly, and I don't think that Playpal would've done such a poor job either. I keep seeing a Sat am kids show in my brain, but can't quite get a handle on it. The flower in the stomach is a clue, because I think that there were several different characters kind of like it.
    I wish you would have seen the lamp featured at Home Despot about ten years ago -- it featured Disney's heretofore unknown Petulant Princesses -- one looked preggo and annoyed at the prince responsible, one was cross-eyed, and the other just scowled. I'm sure it was bad painting in China and a less-than-wonderful design, but it was an official licensed Disney product. (A bit to much $ for a joke, but I really was tempted.)

vCash
    HR Puff and Stuff? Grover?

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Oh yeah.
    Tammy dolls! One of more traumatic childhood memories.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Definitely not a CTW product, ESPECIALLY not from the '70s (they were if anything a LOT nastier about controlling what was produced at the time as they were a lot more dependent on getting government funding--now, "Congress wants to kill Big Bird!" is a completely empty threat as their merchandising is worth millions.) Knockoff? Most probably.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I don't think it's Grover or Cookie Monster - scroll down on this page for more angles:
    http://www.garitto.com/product/12045901

And here's someone else selling one:
    http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/petst...714655001.html

Couldn't find any other Sesame Street characters by this company, so my guess is it's just a random monster. I vaguely recall that monsters were "in" back then thanks to Sesame Street and some other kids shows - I remember my mom actually sewed little fuzzy monsters for me and my sister. Would make sense that toy manufacturers would get on the trend and do their own version.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I wish you would have seen the lamp featured at Home Despot about ten years ago -- it featured Disney's heretofore unknown Petulant Princesses -- one looked preggo and annoyed at the prince responsible, one was cross-eyed, and the other just scowled.
    Now that sounds like my kind of Disney Princess movie.

Anyhow, another vote for "Looks like a knockoff meant to resemble the Sesame Street characters."
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I vaguely remember that character from some Sat. morning kids show that wasn't very good. No way I can name him though.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    It doesn't look like anything from Sesame Street. It's eyes look like two sliced boiled eggs...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    someone else had the same question last year

http://www.icedteaandsarcasm.com/201...e-monster.html
    I must be losing my search engine mojo. I didn't find this at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And here's someone else selling one:
    http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/petst...714655001.html

Couldn't find any other Sesame Street characters by this company, so my guess is it's just a random monster. I vaguely recall that monsters were "in" back then thanks to Sesame Street and some other kids shows - I remember my mom actually sewed little fuzzy monsters for me and my sister. Would make sense that toy manufacturers would get on the trend and do their own version.
    The company actually did some licensed characters for Disney, which made me think they *might* not have done knock offs at that time. Again, I'm losing my search engine skills to have not found this!

Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I vaguely remember that character from some Sat. morning kids show that wasn't very good. No way I can name him though.
    Think, think !

Once again, you all have proven to my husband that FSU is a font of knowledge. I think I'll just list it as a "monster" vintage piggy bank. It always amazes me what people will buy!
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12