Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    I used Smithwick's 'cause that was what we had.
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The recipes in this thread beg the question: Why are people making fun of Sandra Lee?
    My mother was the original Sandra Lee. She said she lived through the Depression and had no intention of going back. She fully enjoyed modern conveniences.

vCash
    Thanks for the buckeyes recipe Prancer. My son is addicted to these, I order them every Christmas for him. Now we get to make them instead...

I'm baked out today, I've made cranberry walnut cookies, heath bar cookies, a chocolate chip cake, and just made a batch of these: http://www.ghirardelli.com/bake/recipe.aspx?id=1184

2 parties today - one a cookie party and the other a 41st birthday.

My kitchen would put a diabetic into a coma.

vCash
    I don't think anyone who dislikes Sandra Lee necessarily has an issue with the idea of semi-homemade cooking in general. However, SL's tendency to create recipes that have about 3000 milligrams of sodium apiece, are occasionally offensive (Kwanzaa cake!), and frequently are either more time-consuming or expensive than just doing it from scratch creates a lot of mocking and hate. She's doing it wrong.

Plus, her tablescapes are fugly and her cocktail time is hilarious.

On a separate note, 'begging the question' has nothing to do with asking a question.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    On a separate note, 'begging the question' has nothing to do with asking a question.
    OK, fine, we can't beg the question. But can we bake it and how many ingredients will we need?

:lickschops:
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I don't think anyone who dislikes Sandra Lee necessarily has an issue with the idea of semi-homemade cooking in general.

...She's doing it wrong.
    Exactly--she makes certain things much harder than they need to be (like adding flavoring to vanilla frosting, instead of just buying the correct flavor.)

I made a perfect example of a semi-ho recipe today, and it's not from Ms. Lee.

Sweet corn cake: 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of melted butter, one box of Jiffy corn muffin mix, 1 can of creamed corn. Mix it all up, throw it in a 9x5 loaf pan, cook at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Scoop out with ice cream scoop when ready to eat. So easy and good!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I just had a logic class in which we learned about begging the question. And I thought that class would never be of any use to me in life.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I don't have a conventional oven in my new place, but I do have a microwave, a slow cooker, an electric roasting pan and an electric burner.

Does anyone know of any baking recipes I could try?

vCash
    Skateboy -- There are some good microwave peanut brittle recipes out there, and Better Homes & Gardens has some slow-cooker desert recipes, including a cheesecake -- but I haven't tried them.
    http://www.bhg.com/recipes/desserts/...oker-desserts/
    (They are known for testing their recipes pretty thoroughly, though.)

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    I don't have a conventional oven in my new place, but I do have a microwave, a slow cooker, an electric roasting pan and an electric burner.

Does anyone know of any baking recipes I could try?
    Slow cooker chocolate cake
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Thanks, barbk and Prancer!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234