Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    There's just something about the way roaches wiggle their antennae and their hairy legs that makes me barf thinking about them. They can be pristine clean for all I care. They fill me with terror. I rescue spiders, I think snakes are cool if outside where they belong. We keep humane traps for little critter that get where they don't belong. But don't get me within a mile of a cockroach. The little ones don't bother me - just the huge ones. And some of these suckers actually FLY. Fortunately, we don't have the big ones in north Georgia, but I know they're all over Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    There's just something about the way roaches wiggle their antennae and their hairy legs that makes me barf thinking about them. They can be pristine clean for all I care. They fill me with terror. I rescue spiders, I think snakes are cool if outside where they belong. We keep humane traps for little critter that get where they don't belong. But don't get me within a mile of a cockroach. The little ones don't bother me - just the huge ones. And some of these suckers actually FLY. Fortunately, we don't have the big ones in north Georgia, but I know they're all over Florida.
    My daughter has two male, Madagascar hissing roaches. Each one is the size of my thumb. I have never heard them hissing, but daughter hears them a lot at night. She recieved the roaches from her (then) boyfriend, who was working at the museum of natural history, and brought her a few of their extras.

The biggest cockroaches I've ever seen in my life were in Hawaii. They were flippin HUGE!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Euuuuw. Can't handle them. I don't eat lobster because my daughter, who has a degree in biology, told me that roaches and lobsters are like cousins....

vCash
    Euuuuw. Can't handle them. I don't eat lobster because my daughter, who has a degree in biology, told me that roaches and lobsters are like cousins....
    Interesting!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I'll take a roach any time over a snake.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Not me...technician friends have told me horror stories about going to fix microwaves and freezers/ refridges that were infested. Give me a snake anytime over a roach. My problem is mice. I don't hate them at all but the way they scamper makes me jump and I had a friend working a harvest when a terrified mouse ran up his pant leg.

vCash
    OK, we're talking roaches now? NOW we have true, unmitigated horror. Those bastards will survive nuclear holocausts and they've got those long spiney antennae!!!!!!!
    My nephew lived in Houston for several years. He swears they have giant roaches there that fly. The locals call them palmetto bugs. While I consider normal-sized roaches nasty, they don't freak me out. However, giant ones that can fly into my face would be a different story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    My nephew lived in Houston for several years. He swears they have giant roaches there that fly. The locals call them palmetto bugs. While I consider normal-sized roaches nasty, they don't freak me out. However, giant ones that can fly into my face would be a different story.
    Oh yes-the Palmetto bug or "June Bug." Kids used to tie strings to them and keep them as "pets" because they would fly around. I don't personally find that very amusing. Nasty, nasty creatures! I have been "chased" all over a motel room in southern Alabama by flying roaches. I am still emotionally scarred.

vCash
    Because I'm evil:

http://imgur.com/ToSbo

vCash
    Yah, triple toe, I have spiders that big up here in the north Georgia mountains. We call them "wood spiders..." they get REALLY BIG! So big they freak the living sh** out of me, but I never kill them. My husband and I have "rescue methods" where we try to trap them and get them outside without harming them. It's hard because their legs are very fragile. Or should I say, I let my husband trap and remove them.....(shudder, but with a smile)

vCash
    Yah, triple toe, I have spiders that big up here in the north Georgia mountains. We call them "wood spiders..." they get REALLY BIG! So big they freak the living sh** out of me, but I never kill them. My husband and I have "rescue methods" where we try to trap them and get them outside without harming them. It's hard because their legs are very fragile. Or should I say, I let my husband trap and remove them.....(shudder, but with a smile)
    Hey, do you guys have Bigfoot up there, too?

vCash
    No. Sorry. We do have some of the most exquisite moths, though. There's one that's about 6-7" wide and long, and is very pale green. It is one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.

vCash
    No. Sorry. We do have some of the most exquisite moths, though. There's one that's about 6-7" wide and long, and is very pale green. It is one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.
    I would love to see a pic of that moth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    Because I'm evil:

http://imgur.com/ToSbo

Yes, you are
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I would love to see a pic of that moth!
    Here's a bunch!

http://www.google.com/search?q=luna+...w=1366&bih=656

vCash
    It's beautiful!

vCash
    Good Kingsnake Wenchisslassssss looked out
    On the Feassssssst of Ssssssssssssssstephen.....

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Good Kingsnake Wenchisslassssss looked out
    On the Feassssssst of Ssssssssssssssstephen.....
    When the sssssssssssssnow lay round about
    Deep and crissssssssssssp and even
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Only sssssssssssssixteen more ssssssssssslithering daysssssss until Hissssssssssmasssssssssss! Got all your ssssssssssshopping done?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345