Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,693
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993


    I was afraid of this, they highlighted their obnoxiousness at the tight rope. At least they won the Mustangs.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Plotting
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,333
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh crap, I hope this is a NEL!

    ETA - and it wasn't. Bye boarders. You were until you went to the Panama Canal.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    How in the world did that happen? Two of them told the cab drivers the wrong place!

    These three teams really seem to like each other, so I'm happy for them.

  4. #24
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,224
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    43380
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    How in the world did that happen? Two of them told the cab drivers the wrong place!
    The cab drivers all radioed each other. I'm thrilled for NFL, but gutted for the Borders. That was the really bad luck I worried about.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The cab drivers all radioed each other.

    But how did the cabs know which of the two places was right? In most circumstances I'd be pissed if my cab took me somewhere I didn't ask.

  6. #26
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,224
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    43380
    They knew they were on the show and the driver who had the Invisibles radioed the others. They all knew where to go. In a way, it's sort of unfair, but that's the way TAR works sometimes.

    The Borders really were the best, but the Prancer curse brought them down. She better not pick NFL to win next week.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  7. #27
    Hey, Kool-Aid!
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    11,182
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2492
    I hate how they were eliminated
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,693
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    I hate the the pack mentality won again. I know that they didn't necessarily all choose to bunch up together, but....

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    They knew they were on the show and the driver who had the Invisibles radioed the others. They all knew where to go. In a way, it's sort of unfair, but that's the way TAR works sometimes.
    I suppose it worked out, but what if the invisibles were the ones who were wrong. How did the cab drivers decide between old city and the balboa statue? It doesn't make sense for the cab drivers to redirect themselves.

  10. #30
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,224
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    43380
    I just realized almost everybody picked the Borders this week but ME I just moved up a spot. Thanks Tommy and Andy. Glad you won the cars and all the trips.

    Jeremy showed his driver a picture of the ruins and that's how he knew the right place.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    La Belle Province
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,382
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3763
    They didn't choose for it to happen this way so it's less obnoxious than that Litchenstein bike race leg where everyone but one team was told the result. But that has to be in the top worse cases of bad luck ever on TAR. Wow.

    rfisher - some of us only had the Boarders left.

  12. #32
    Hey, Kool-Aid!
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    11,182
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2492
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    They didn't choose for it to happen this way so it's less obnoxious than that Litchenstein bike race leg where everyone but one team was told the result. But that has to be in the top worse cases of bad luck ever on TAR. Wow.

    rfisher - some of us only had the Boarders left.
    Especially since one of the teams was on the way to the Balboa statue, the place the boarders had just left realizing their mistake. It would have put them ahead of that team.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

  13. #33
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,224
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    43380
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Especially since one of the teams was on the way to the Balboa statue, the place the boarders had just left realizing their mistake. It would have put them ahead of that team.
    Two of them were. Only the Invisibles were going to the right place. If the drivers hadn't intervened, the Borders would have been 2nd.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,515
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Super excited the boarders were eliminated

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,874
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5845
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I hate the the pack mentality won again. I know that they didn't necessarily all choose to bunch up together, but....
    Well, in this case, they actively tried not to bunch up together - the teams kept telling their cab drivers to stop sharing information but the drivers weren't listening. Just a freak case of bad luck for the boarders.

    I've never seen the teams so happy for the other teams who made the final, but I guess that at least part of it was that they were all probably pretty happy not to face the boarders in the final. But it did seem like the Ernie & Cindy and Jeremy & Sandy really liked Amani & Marcus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Super excited the boarders were eliminated
    Me too. And I'm willing to say so in larger print too.

  16. #36

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Prepping for Sochi!
    Posts
    5,305
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38125
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Well, in this case, they actively tried not to bunch up together - the teams kept telling their cab drivers to stop sharing information but the drivers weren't listening. Just a freak case of bad luck for the boarders.

    I've never seen the teams so happy for the other teams who made the final, but I guess that at least part of it was that they were all probably pretty happy not to face the boarders in the final. But it did seem like the Ernie & Cindy and Jeremy & Sandy really liked Amani & Marcus.



    Me too. And I'm willing to say so in larger print too.
    Me three. Can't stand the boarders.

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,693
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    I didn't mind the boarders (not just because I picked them in the prediction contest). I have to admit they could be obnoxious at times, but they were such good racers. I hate when the best racers don't make it to the final, but that's the way the race goes sometimes.

  18. #38
    4 More Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ubering Terry Gannon
    Age
    7
    Posts
    4,544
    vCash
    19008
    Rep Power
    4325
    The boarders were so strong, I can't believe they lost. Amani and Marcus FTW!

  19. #39

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,837
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    10351
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Super excited the boarders were eliminated
    Me too. They were starting to get too cocky for me. They got enough prizes anyways.

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,733
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14921
    Very interesting tonight. Bummed for the boarders, but liked how the other 3 teams knew they were the team to beat and now feel they are on a level field.
    Go Amani n Marcus, they have the nicest relationship. Loved how Amani focused on her kids in the height challenge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •