vCash

Youtube of Jonah - being bullied for being gay

I don't know if anyone posted this as it originally appeared in August - but there is a follow up video too now.

This pretty much broke my heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkNn...&feature=share

But I found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7HkO...&feature=share

vCash
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jonah-...18817754813914

Sorry - the 2nd video above has been removed. (It was a video of him thanking people for the support and ensuring the video he made was not fake).

But the original video has gone viral and this Facebook group - which was started today - has over 21000 people on it supporting him. It's pretty crazy!

vCash
    Too bad the Facebook page has been taken over by trolls.

I just want to reach through my screen and give that kid a long hug.

Eh?
    vCash
    A heart-breaking video.

What a bunch of a$$holes on Facebook that are posting such disgusting, hateful images and comments to his support page.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    ((((((Jonah))))))
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Perez Hilton has been in touch:

Bullied Teen Jonah Mowry Is Doing Well And Happy!!!!

And Perez has invited Jonah to his March birthday. And Perez shared a link to Jonah's other youtube child where Jonah has his fun, goofy kid videos:

Jonah's other youtube channel

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I felt awful after watching the first video but....

I saw this video and now I'm confused!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I felt awful after watching the first video but....

I saw this video and now I'm confused!
    He is a child and his feelings and emotions will change drastically. One day he feels the world hates him and the next day he feels like one of the popular kids. He even says "the video was 4 months ago..." Things changed? His perception of things changed? I hate that people are now calling him a liar. Not saying you did, I have seen a lot of it though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    He is a child and his feelings and emotions will change drastically. One day he feels the world hates him and the next day he feels like one of the popular kids. He even says "the video was 4 months ago..." Things changed? His perception of things changed? I hate that people are now calling him a liar. Not saying you did, I have seen a lot of it though.
    Agreed. Hell, I'm an adult and my emotions change drastically. When you're going through heavy stuff, everyone has good days and bad days.

vCash
    Oh, I definitely agree. I'm moody as hell.

I don't think he is a liar. It's a shame he has to put up with that shit. There's a big movement against bullying these days, but sometimes, I question how much good it has really done.
    Last edited by Jenna; 12-06-2011 at 12:45 AM.

vCash
    Bullying is a tough issue. I remember sitting through a lot of anti-bullying assemblies in elementary and middle school. The school was clearly making an effort, but it didn't do much of anything to prevent bullying. As long as their parents don't know or don't do anything, most kids just get away with it.

I hope Jonah is doing better. His video is heartbreaking.

vCash
    Here is Jonah's explanation:

"UPDATE, PLEASE READ
    To all my friends and supporters,
    I made this video 4 months ago just before school was about to start. I was 13. It was a very emotionally dark time in my life. I made the video at 4:00am in the morning; I hadn't been sleeping at night for a long time, too many things going on in my head. I was dreading going back to school and I had not come out to my family yet. Only my ......closest friends knew. I didn't know how to say what I needed to say. All I could think about were all the bad things that had been happening at school last year, every year for that matter. I just couldn't bare to go through that anymore. I was done being fake happy, pretending hateful words didn't hurt, done hiding it from my family.
    So this video was made for my friends that had moved on to High School who were worried for me, to say to them that I was going to take a stand, and to the haters at my middle school that I'm not going anywhere. I am who I am. I posted the video here and told people were to find it. That was it.
    My friends were moved by the video and thought I did something important. I was encouraged to upload it to my Facebook page so more people could see it. Maybe it could help someone else going through the same thing. So I linked it Dec. 1st. My Parents saw it for the first time Dec, 2nd.
    Then….. all this happened.
    I never expected in a million years that it would have such a wonderful impact on so many people. I am truly humbled and truly thankful for all the love, encouragement and support from people all over the world. It's been incredibly overwhelming. I don't know what to say. Thank you so, so much!
    Lastly, yes you have seen me happy in a couple short videos replies I posted; I would think that would be a good thing , and yes I do have friends, my High School friends, and I have made friends because when I came out they realized that they had hurt me and that they fealt sorry. The video is real, and true.
    In the last few months everything eventually came out in the open, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders; I'm happy, I'm excepted for who I am, I'm more confident and feel stronger every day.
    Thank you all, Love and peace to all who are hurting.
    Jonah Mowry"

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    entire post
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.