Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Any suggestions for a good instrumental CD?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    I just picked up the string quartet 3 cd set from arkiv music, but there are a number of traditional instrumental cd's on their site.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Not new, but I love love love December by George Winston. Piano. Released in 1982, and still easily available. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decembe...Winston_album) This music just makes me feel serene.

If you've followed skating for any length of time, you'll recognize the song "Thanksgiving" which Annenko & Sretenski used in 1993. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHBm_IcqEjc

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Most of my instrumental Chrismas music is in the jazz genre -- I'm assuming you would have specified that if that's what you were looking for.

But in the more traditional realm, my favourite would have to be The Canadian Brass. They have a couple of Xmas albums, but the original, A Canadian Brass Christmas, is still their best imo.

For Celtic instrumental, you can't go wrong with anything by The Chieftains or Loreena McKennitt -- tho their albums tend to be a mix of instrumental tracks and vocals.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    This year I'm looking for anything new, and anything obscure - people one might not have known made a holiday CD, oldies, rarities and super cheesy. I am very tempted by this.

Any ideas??
    Yes! Holidays Rule- with The Civil Wars, Fun, Rufus Wainwright, Fruit Bats...
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I don't have one album I listen too. Instead I have this completely random mix of songs from a bunch of different artists: Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Stevie Wonder, Doris Day, Nancy Wilson, The Drifters, Destiny's Child, Chuck Berry, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Christina Aguilera, Lou Rawls, Frank Sinatra, Mariah Carey...the list is extensive!
    I have more Christmas music on my iPod than anything else. If I could convert some of the vinyl I still have, there would be even more.

Can't help Jenny - but I have friends that have compiled a holiday CD every year for 10 years as their Christams card. All secular, all strange or obscure.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Can't help Jenny - but I have friends that have compiled a holiday CD every year for 10 years as their Christams card. All secular, all strange or obscure.
    Wish I was on that card list!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    If you've followed skating for any length of time, you'll recognize the song "Thanksgiving" which Annenko & Sretenski used in 1993. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHBm_IcqEjc
    Saw this at Stars On Ice, second row on ice seats, still gives me chills!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    New Year's Eve Sarajevo, Transiberian Railroad
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Christmas Canon by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
    Two of my all time favorites. I always have a soft spot for "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" "All I want for Christmas is you" "Please Come Home for Christmas" (Eagles version).

vCash
    znachki
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Wish I was on that card list!
    A few highlights on this years CD:

Funky Funky Christmas - Electric Jungle
    Silver Bells - The Roller Disco Orchestra
    There's Trouble Brewin' - Jack Scott
    Santa Caus Wants Some Lovin' - Albert King

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345