Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    One of my favorites:

The Roches - We Three Kings
    They opened for Buster Pointdexter/David Johansen at a college concert I attended. They perkily took the stage and shouted "We're the Roche Sisters from Upstate NY!" The NYC crowd shouted: "Go back!" roflol

In retrospect, I thought they were better than the lead act. He was just starting to play with his new persona and it was pretty lame.

vCash
    James Taylor's "At Christmas" - a nice, mellow Christmas album with lovely musical arrangements.

vCash
    Kingston Trio - Last Month of the Year - available on CD from their website.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    If you are a Broadway music fan, Linda Eder's Christmas Stays the Same is amazing.

Plus it's very cheap on Amazon!

If you want something fun and offbeat, download Cyndi Lauper's "Christmas Conga" from her "Merry Christmas, Have a Nice Life" album. It brings a huge smile to my face every time I hear it.

If you are strictly a conventionalist, Christmas with Julie Andrews and Andre Previn is quite nice.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I can't help it... I still love Once Upon a Christmas by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. My mom played it all the time when I was a kid and listening to it brings back wonderful memories.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    One of my favorites:

The Roches - We Three Kings
    Oooh, thank you! I used to have this CD, but it got damaged and I never got around to replacing it.

Off to download!
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Vanessa Williams had a Christmas special in 1996. Fell in love with her Christmas album after that.

A few of my favorite songs:

Hark The Herald Angels Sing - Vanessa Williams

Angels We Have Heard On High - Vanessa Williams

Baby It's Cold Outside - Vanessa Williams & Bobby Caldwell

Do You Hear What I Hear - Vanessa Williams
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

And I confess I bought Justin Bieber's CD. And a I kinda like it. The only fail for me is "Little Drummer Boy" - he plays drums, which I was looking forward to, but then turns it into a rap, which didn't work for me.
    Well, Jenny, maybe you should ask Santa for ...
    http://www.amazon.com/Justin-Bieber-...3141329&sr=8-1

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Neil Diamond The Christmas Album
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    You've got to hand it to his marketing people - they stuff they put his name on is exactly what his teen and pre-teen audience will buy, and likely a lot of his older fans too. Opi actually put out a nail polish collection with his name on it, which I thought was a brilliant idea that I'm guessing did very well for all concerned.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    My cousin who's a jazz singer in Canada recorded a nice Christmas song a few years ago.

Scroll down to "Christmas Dog". It's a free download btw.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Three songs I absolutely won't listen to - I change the radio station when they come on - Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, Brenda Lee's Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (can't stand her voice), and Jingle Bell Rock (just so tired of it)

Music I like - the traditional carols, Mannheim Steamroller, Transiberian Orchestra, Jethro Tull's "Christmas Song," Handels "Hallelujah" chorus (the whole "Messiah" for that matter), Emerson, Lake, & Palmer's "I Believe in Father Christmas."

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC. It was a free download from Freegal, a legal download service from my library.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    The Lovehammers have a Christmas song, the name of which is escaping me (Merry Merry Christmas? Could it be that simple?), that's pretty

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    I picked this up last year and love it but then I'm a geek: http://www.museummusic.com/dinosaurholidaytrack.html
    Do note the artists on the recording. They didn't skimp!

And since I didn't want to start a new thread, here's another music video to go with Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZqz94ODz18

vCash
    I love Josh Groban's Christmas album...it isn't Christmas without it!

Also love Celine Dion's These are the Special Times

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missflick View Post
    But if you want Christmas music on your computer, there is plenty of sites that stream online. My favorite: www.newagechristmasradio.com
    I'll have to check that one out. I've been using Accuradio. Lets you pick your style of Christmas music, or create your own "station" with a a blend. http://byo.accuholidays.com/more/accuholidays/

Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Kingston Trio - Last Month of the Year - available on CD from their website.
    My all-time favourite. (Didn't we have this conversation last year? LOL)

Other favourites have already been mentioned (Muppets, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah M., Barenaked Ladies, James Taylor, Michael Bublé, Bruce Cockburn), but here are a few more I love:

~ Colin James & the Little Big Band Christmas (I loves me some swingin' Christmas!)

~ The Chieftains - The Bells of Dublin (lots of celtic style traditional tunes, and lots of guest artists -- all great but my fave is the one with Jackson Browne, "The Rebel Jesus")

~ Diana Krall - Christmas Songs (some with just her trio, some with a full orchestra; I adore her version of "Christmas Time Is Here")

~ Holly Cole - Baby, It's Cold Outside (another jazz great, her "Sleigh Ride" is amazing and very differnent)

~ Oscar Peterson - Christmas (sometimes it's nice to have just instrumental, and Oscar is the best)

~ Aimee Mann - One More Drifter in the Snow (nice folky style, as you'd expect from her)

~ The Good Lovelies - Under the Mistletoe (sort of Andrews Sisters meet Django with a bit of klezmer and a touch of folk-country)

~ Chris Isaak - Christmas (It's Chris Isaak. 'nuff said.)

vCash
    My Christmas music is on cassette tapes (How often do you get to listen to it?). I like "Christmas Time with the Judds" (easy to sing along to), Johnny Mathis, and the Temptation "Give Love at Christmas" (lots of harmonies). I especially like the Tempts "Little Drummer Boy", Johnny's "Do You Hear What I Hear?", and the Judd's "What Child is This?".

I like modern stuff but don't buy it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Please, this post should have a Not Safe for Work warning on it
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    The two I've been listening to all month are Josh Groban's Noel, and the new CD reissue of Ed Ames's two Christmas albums -- http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Ames...3833981&sr=8-1 -- glorious music!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast