Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    A bit o/t but...I find it rather silly to seek out gas stations with lower prices. If you actually do the math: you found a station that's 5 cents cheaper for example. A 10 gallon fill-up saved you 50 cents. Unless you know one is significantly cheaper (say, 20+ cents), then it's just not worth it.
    I am about to get a car with Diesel so I need to know which stations will have it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am about to get a car with Diesel so I need to know which stations will have it.
    A good reason for the app, then. Glad you're enjoying your phone so far! I know mine has become part of my physical person.

vCash
    Some of my used apps:

Air Video - you can set it up to play videos from your computer and it'll live convert if it's not an iPhone compatible format.

Camera+ and Instagram for sharing photos.

TuneIn Radio and KDFC Classical (which I'm sure IceAlisa must lurve too) for music along with Pandora.

XfinityTV for sure if you have Comcast (if not chances are your provider has an app)

Reference stuff includes Dictionary, Wikipedia and Wolfram Alpha

Yelp, Zagat, UrbanSpoon for restaurants (I also suspect newcomer Oink gets lots of hits in SF)

Photon Flash web browser for IceNetwork

Social Networking - Twitter for iPhone, Facebook, Foursquare, Skype

Kindle + Nook apps for books

Dropbox for easy access to documents on your computer

Yahoo Sportacular Pro - I use this for Canadiens hockey game alerts

Banking app - just search for whichever one you use. On that note, do make sure to have some level of security - in particular enable Find My Phone and remote wipe access and make sure you don't have an easily guessed password. If so you should be fine.

News apps - I have BBC News, CNN, AP, NPR, WSJ, Bloomberg but again, search for what you want to read.

Games: Aside from Angry Birds check out Cut The Rope and Fruit Ninja.

Accuweather and The Weather Channel for sure.

Sleep Cycle alarm and Nike GPS+

Navigon or TomTom if you'd like turn by turn GPS for the car.

Not sure what medical apps you'd use but check out Epocrates and Skyscape.

Hope that helps!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    You can watch the Ice Network on it? I HAVE to get this, especially knowing that I will away both from computer/TV on both Fri and Saturday nights. Friggin office parties getting in the way of my figure skating enjoyment.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thanks, guys! As a result of reading your posts I've added:

Yelp
    Lookout
    OpenTable
    ShopSavvy
    Camera Plus
    NHL GameCenter

Wanted to download the app that finds a defibrillator but that seems to be only available in France.

Am kinda tempted to download Fruit Ninja--love making fruit salad.

Thanks again.
    Oh I would definitely want these. What's the level one called?
    iHandy Level. Sorry for the long delay in answering.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks everyone. Adding iHandy (I am not handy AT ALL but hubby would love this) and the KDFC one, thanks to Lara. I have to dig up my Epocrates account too. Wheeeeeeee!!!

Downloaded Photon Flash but the IN video will not open. What am I doing wrong?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Did you click the icon to enable Flash? IIRC it's like a lightning bolt.

It won't be as good as on a laptop since it passes through an extra server for processing, but it's the best/only option atm.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thank you again, Lara! We are in business for Friday and Saturday nights!

from Speedy Death

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    A bit o/t but...I find it rather silly to seek out gas stations with lower prices. If you actually do the math: you found a station that's 5 cents cheaper for example. A 10 gallon fill-up saved you 50 cents. Unless you know one is significantly cheaper (say, 20+ cents), then it's just not worth it.
    In my area, there is often a .75c to $1 a gallon difference between stations depending on whether you turn right or left. This morning, if you came off the highway by my office and turned left, you'd pay $4.65 a gallon and if you turned right, you'd pay $3.75. But you can't see either one from the highway traffic light. Plus, when I am filling up my truck, it is a lot more than 10 gallons.

It also locates the gas station -- so when you are in a strange neighborhood and you come off the highway and have no idea where to find gas, it maps them for you.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12