Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Caesars Tribute II: A Salute to the Ladies of the Ice, Dec. 3rd; Jan. 1st on NBC

The live show takes place in Atlantic City, New Jersey on Saturday, December 3, 2011 - more info: http://www.dissonskating.com/our-sho...ladies-of-ice/ (Gordeeva has replaced Slutskaya)

Articles:

Caesars Tribute II: Celebrating the Ladies of Ice Skating
    ... a line-up that includes such iconic American skaters as Olympic gold medalists Tara Lipinski and Sarah Hughes and silver medalists Nancy Kerrigan (also holder of a bronze medal) and Sasha Cohen, as well as the return to the ice of Nicole Bobek, 1995 U.S. Champion. 

Then throw in some international flair with Canada’s Joannie Rochette (2010 Olympic Bronze medalist) and Liz Manley (1988 Olympic silver medalist), Russia’s Ekaterina Gordeeva (two time Olympic medalist in pairs, who is a late replacement for Irina Slutskaya) and Japan’s Shizuka Arakawa (2006 Olympic gold medalist), Yuka Sato (1994 World Champion) and Miki Ando (two time and current world champion).

Nicole Bobek Takes Back the Ice At 'Caesars II Tribute'

Atlantic City Figure Skating Club to skate with the stars at Caesars

vCash
    Thanks for starting this thread. I intend to go to the show this year...couldn't miss this one, but I have to admit to being a little disappointed that Slutskaya pulled out (she's one of the ones I really wanted to see, and I've already seen Gordeeva live).

Still, Hughes, Lipinski, Arakawa...should be a good one. I may be posting some live stuff on my skate Twitter but I'll make sure to post my thoughts here as well afterward.

vCash
    I'll be going on Saturday as well. I actually won tickets from the radio (I never win anything!). I'm looking forward to it as well (though I'm also disappointed Slutskaya pulled out). I'll try and post a report after the show.

vCash
    Hmm, I am tempted to go!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Will it be filmed for TV, does anyone know? Sounds like a great show but it's way too far for me....

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Will it be filmed for TV, does anyone know? Sounds like a great show but it's way too far for me....
    It's in the title thread, Jan 1st, NBC.

vCash
    Of the ones who will be there, my favs are Arakawa, Yuka, & Joannie. But I sure wish Michelle was going to be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Of the ones who will be there, my favs are Arakawa, Yuka, & Joannie. But I sure wish Michelle was going to be there.
    Apparently she was invited but turned down the offer. Disappointing for her fans (and I'll admit, it would have been cool to see her too), but that's the way it is.

vCash
    Glad to see Nicole is still skating. I was a bit concerned since she hadn't posted any recent skating clips on youtube like she had been for a while. Wish I had found out about this sooner, I'm close enough to go but too late now.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I attended the press conference today.Nicole Bobek looked lovely, hair, figure, clothes. Spoke with her and she is really sincere about her return to the ice. Joannie wasn't there. The group answered questions, Liz Manley spoke beautifully about Peggy Fleming, how other girls had Scott Baio on their walls and she had pictures of Peggy. Yuka Sato, what class, spoke how Peggy competed during the time that her parents did and how at the time skating stars were from the West. Everyone looked good, Katia is more beautiful than ever. She said that she was there only because Irina couldn't be and that she, Katia, couldn't jump as well as Irina. Tara spoke about Dick and Peggy's commentating and how she used to be nervous about whether they would like her programs.Nancy spoke as she is the "chair" of Natl Skating Month. I can't remember what Sarah said..specifically..something to the effect she wished she could have skated as a girl with these "legends", my words not hers.Shizuka and Miki both looked adorable.

vCash
    Some photos from the press conference are here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Intern...g/278550292537

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    Some photos from the press conference are here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Intern...g/278550292537
    They have Emily under Sarah's picture.

vCash
    My daughter is going to the SkateFest event in the AM. Her session to skate is 8:00 AM. Some of the skaters are supposed to show up there. She's hoping Shizuka especially.

vCash
    OMG, I just noticed Latetia Hubert is part of the show too!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    OMG, I just noticed Latetia Hubert is part of the show too!
    She looked cute.

vCash
    Photos from SkateFest this morning in Atlantic City,from the USFSA Flickr stream.

(Skater Grrrl with Yuka Sato, working on jump landing. Whee!)

vCash
    It was a great show! I'll post a detailed review later on, but you guys are definitely in for a good one on Jan 1st.

vCash
    friend was there last night. What happned with Bobek? Why didn't she skate?
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    friend was there last night. What happned with Bobek? Why didn't she skate?
    According to these 2 tweets last night, Bobek skated?

@DissonSkating:
    Nicole Bobek getting ready to take to the ice @CaesarsTribute part of the #PandoraNBCSS
    Backstage photo: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2694/img4597yj.jpg

@SarahHughesNY:
    Just watched Nicole Bobek. Beautiful performance & crowd really welcomed her back. Will be her first tv performance in 7+ yrs! What a story.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-04-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast