Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    Which failed even more miserably and ended up with him pretending to have a wooden leg, hence his leg obsession "You don't understand, I have the key to the gates of paradise only I've got too many legs!"
    I'm going to have to youtube that now.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2 View Post
    OT: I'm a little bit worried about how that's going to turn out now. I'll watch it and give it a chance but the character turnover has got to change the dynamics I loved so much.
    I'm only half way through the second season so I don't have to deal with that yet.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    I like British humor. I prefer it. Just not Ricky Gervais' version.

vCash
    If someone says "Are you having a go at me?"--are they asking if you are making fun of them? That is how I perceived it but it might be more than that. Just curious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    If someone says "Are you having a go at me?"--are they asking if you are making fun of them? That is how I perceived it but it might be more than that. Just curious.
    It depends on tone of voice "having a go at me" could be making fun, or telling someone off.

Personally I can't stand Ricky Gervais. I don't find him funny, I've never liked anything he's done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    I LOVE buzzcocks. Noel Fielding is such a babe
    Ever seen The Mighty Boosh? That's a prime example of British absurdist humour right there, rather like Flight of the Conchords, but on acid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    Ever seen The Mighty Boosh? That's a prime example of British absurdist humour right there, rather like Flight of the Conchords, but on acid.
    I forgot to add that Noel Fielding doing Wuthering Heights for let's dance for comic relief was hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du4uH1fC9B8

Blergh
    vCash
    Where would Seinfeld fit in? None of the characters are particularly redeemable and the characters take a piss at each other all the time, and yet it was one of the most successful American comedies out there.

FX has a show called "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and it can get pretty racy and mean-spirited and the characters are all spiteful underdogs with no hope of actually getting ahead. Of course, as a basic cable show, it can get by with a smaller target audience.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I let each show stand on its own merits. I don't categorically prefer one type of humor to another. There are times when I crave optimism, and times when I feel like indulging my dark side. Stupid-funny can be fun, or it can be just well, stupid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123