vCash

Design, Divas, D-List Celebrity Judges: HGTV Design Star

Is anyone else watching this? So far, I'm more impressed with the cast than last time--they seem more polished and experienced. No hairdressers, pastry chefs, flower arrangers, child star's wife.

From looking at the beginning montages of designers, nothing really horrible and some I really liked. And all of them showed room with COLOR. None of this beige-modern-granite counter top-cookie cutter crap. We're talking purple pillows, bling-bling, and bright orange walls.

AND they get three days for the first challenge, two people to a room. No large teams that have to complete a room in eight hours.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm watching. First impression, Stanley and Jordan: yes. Stanley's sculpture was excellent. It remains to be seen how he does with the other design elements. Yuki is in trouble with that room color and her collage.

Loved the great room and den; the bedrooms went by too fast. I usually agree with Vern Yip. His design style is classic and usally appeals.

Luca is toast. He doesn't get the point of the panel's question. He's really defensive rather than acknowledging what he did. I think he'll survive a couple of rounds but will not make the final.

I hate the fake animal head that seems to be a recurring theme again this season.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I agree with the top two rooms and bottom two rooms. The bedrooms were nice, but kind of by-the-book Design Star. Nothing hideous, nothing special, both rooms a wide variety of people could live with, so I was fine with them not spending a lot of time with them.

I did disagree with the winner. Danielle (of the grey room and project-manager-bullet-head partner) should have won. Just the fact that Rachel let the other girl do that stupid TV thing should have disqualified her. I could have lost Stanley or Yuki (but I'd have kept Stanley's sculpture--that was fab).
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter