Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Angry Vile Racist British Woman on Tram

Last edited by MikiAndoFan#1; 11-29-2011 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Wow...I don't think I would have been able to sit there and restrain myself as well as those others on the train. I seriously would have knocked her teeth out. And then probably be arrested.
    Team Peeps!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Wow...I don't think I would have been able to sit there and restrain myself as well as those others on the train. I seriously would have knocked her teeth out. And then probably be arrested.
    I suspect one reason she feels so free to "speak," is that she has the (adorable) child for "protection." It's disgusting.

vCash
    She's been arested...good!

Yahoo News

vCash
    I can't open this at work. Will have to wait until I get home, but I am very curious, based on the reactions of posters here.

vCash
    Can she lose custody of the child?

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    On what grounds?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Glad she has been arrested. The sad thing is that the poor child is sitting passively on her lap playing with what looks like an action figure toy,while his Mom spews her abusive vitriol so I am thinking it is probably something she does often because the baby was not upset at all. I hope she is investigated for child abuse.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    On what grounds?
    Is it reasonable to assume she's putting the child in danger by holding him while spewing hate speech in a crowd? Just a thought....not sure how it fits into the law.
    Last edited by soxxy; 11-30-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I can't view the video; did she say something worse than what's quoted in the Yahoo article?

"What has this country come to ... with loads of black people and a load of f------ Polish.ort out your own countries, don't come and do mine, Britain is nothing now, Britain is f--- all, my Britain is f--- all now," the woman says in the video.
    Or do something physical? I mean, if you can get arrested for saying THAT, civil rights are in a sorry state. I realize they don't have the Bill of Rights and the First Amendment, but unless she said something a lot worse that was actively threatening, not just a vague possibility that someone might react violently, they basically arrested her because people don't like her opinion. All that accomplishes is proving in her mind she's right, the country's gone to sh*t, and just means she'll be more careful who she says things to.

In a free society, people should be free to say whatever they want, even if it's hateful, short of active incitement to violence (and heck, we overtly tolerate THAT here or half the Occupy people would be in prison already for calling for violent overthrows and destroying Israel and rot like that.) Other people are free to call those people idiots.

If anything I find it refreshing that SOMEONE, even if it's some cow who's probably on the dole and her real complaint is foreign workers demonstrate there are people capable of work, realizes that Polish people are not the same as British people because we're all white.

vCash
    She probably was arrested for disorderly conduct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    She probably was arrested for disorderly conduct.
    Or for hogging a vacant seat next to her while other people had to stand.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Is it reasonable to assume she's putting the child in danger by holding him while spewing hate speech in a crowd? Just a thought....not sure how it fits into the law.
    Considering that some posters here have noted how easily a fight could have broken out, I would think it reasonable to assume there is a risk that the child would be hurt. Also, this kind of thing makes me wonder about her mental health in any event ... and whether that will affect her ability to care for the child.

vCash
    She sounded drunk.
    I bet her hubby/bf/father is a member of BNP or some white nationalist group. Pitiful.

vCash
    This belongs in PI, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    That would be a bit of a disproportionate response, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Or do something physical? I mean, if you can get arrested for saying THAT, civil rights are in a sorry state. I realize they don't have the Bill of Rights and the First Amendment, but unless she said something a lot worse that was actively threatening, not just a vague possibility that someone might react violently, they basically arrested her because people don't like her opinion. All that accomplishes is proving in her mind she's right, the country's gone to sh*t, and just means she'll be more careful who she says things to.

In a free society, people should be free to say whatever they want, even if it's hateful, short of active incitement to violence (and heck, we overtly tolerate THAT here or half the Occupy people would be in prison already for calling for violent overthrows and destroying Israel and rot like that.) Other people are free to call those people idiots.
    I couldn't disagree more.

Worlds can inflict a lot of damage and vulnerable, marginalised groups need to be protected.

A civilised country should have hate speech laws. UK does, thank god.

Which means that - to give one example - every time Beenie Man or some other similar idiot enters UK, he has a long chat with the police at the airport who notify him that if he performs a song about burning or mutilating gays, he's going to get arrested and deported.

If anything I find it refreshing that SOMEONE, even if it's some cow who's probably on the dole and her real complaint is foreign workers demonstrate there are people capable of work, realizes that Polish people are not the same as British people because we're all white.
    Huh? What do you mean?

vCash
    I can't view the video; did she say something worse than what's quoted in the Yahoo article?

First off, I suggest you watch it. Had she not been using her son a human shield someone could have beat her severally.

Laws prohibiting hate speech are unconstitutional in the United States, outside of obscenity, defamation, incitement to riot, and fighting words.

Even in the states she would have been arrested. The charges may not stick but the arrest was warranted. Yes, her child should be taken away until she is mentally evaluated, she was either drunk or high. I would have loved to see what set her off.

I'm actually surprised they found her.

vCash
    I watched the video but couldn't get much sound. Based on the comments on the YT and here, it does sound like she was mad at people from other cultures moving into Britain. There are people in the USA that get mad about it too, but they don't yell at a public place- probably for their own safety.

I don't think people like her can be educated to be tolerant of others. She may not have had much formal education, but that's no excuse for hatred.

vCash

Yeah, she's entitled to say what she feels - but it's pretty dangerous - and pretty dumb - to say such hateful things where she's outnumbered.

And I'd think twice before breathing a sigh of relief regarding her remarks about Polish people - it sounded like she was saying that they weren't as "good" as British people.

vCash
    While what she said was vile, it is not up to the government to arrest her for it. She should have been kicked off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    While what she said was vile, it is not up to the government to arrest her for it. She should have been kicked off.
    I think UK laws strongly prohibit talk like this. I am not familiar with the exact wording of it, but it has something to do with inciting. She didn't physically harm anyone, but speech can be interpreted by law as behavior, and I guess her behavior is what got her arrested.

I don't feel bad for her.

I'm not surprised by the woman's sentiment - a shipmate of mine, also African-American like me, was on liberty in Hong Kong and went to the enlisted club of the Royal Navy - this was 1988 - and was shocked by some of the talk he heard from UK sailors about foreigners in their country. But they had no problem with him, as he was American. But they had some vile things to say about Nigerians, West Indians and Asians. My friend drank his free beer and left.
    Last edited by Rex; 11-30-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast