View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Young Adult (comedy with Charlize Theron, J. K. Simmons and Patrick Wilson)

14 27.45%
  • Carnage (comedy with Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster and Christopher Waltz)

16 31.37%
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (thriller with Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer and Rooney Mara)

31 60.78%
  • Albert Nobbs (drama with Glenn Close, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Brendan Gleeson, and Brenda Fricker)

18 35.29%
  • War Horse (drama with Emily Watson, Jeremy Irvine and David Thewlis)

18 35.29%
  • The Iron Lady (biographical drama with Meryl Streep, Jim Broadbent, Anthony Head, Richard E. Grant)

35 68.63%
  • The Grey (action with Liam Neeson and Dermot Mulroney)

4 7.84%
  • Man on a Ledge (thriller with Sam Worthington, Jamie Bell, Ed Harris and Elizabeth Banks)

2 3.92%
  • One for the Money (comedy crime thriller with Katherine Heigl, Jason O'Mara and Debbie Reynolds)

3 5.88%
  • Chronicle 20th (sci-fi horror with Michael B. Jordan and Michael Kelly)

2 3.92%
  • The Woman in Black (horror with Daniel Radcliffe and Janet McTeer)

12 23.53%
  • Gone (thriller with Amanda Seyfried and Jennifer Carpenter, Wes Bentley and Michael Pare)

5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I'm going to see the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight. I'll let you know
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just watched the most amaaaaazing movie this morning. Departures (Oscar winner for Best Foreign Language Film a few years back). This just might be one of my five favourite films of all time. Just a wonderful, wonderful movie. If you haven't seen it, get it from your library or netflix immediately! (And have some hankies near by!!)

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    MI4 has 95% rating thus far on rotten tomatoes. Never been a big fan of either the MI series or Cruise, but I just might have to check out MI4.
    I've seen the first three and thought they were good popcorn-movie fun. Plus the cast is great: Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Josh Holloway, Paula Patton and Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire).
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I never saw any of the MI movies. Should I watch the first 3 before I see MI4?

vCash
    You don't need to see any of the previous MI movie before seeing MI4. Each film stands on its own.

vCash
    Echoing the love for Departures; it's a wonderful film.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Departures was highly recommended to me by Netflix but for some reason it doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll try it anyway.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I saw "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and it is very good, but a bit confusing for a bit (if you haven't read the novel). Gary Oldman is great in it, as are Colin Firth and Tom Hardy.
    I found it more than a bit confusing but am going to read the book.

Agree that Oldman was great. It's no tall order for an actor to keep the audience interested when the plot gets increasingly confusing, but Oldman pulled it off.

vCash
    I really liked the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Rooney did a great job. There is one scene that is really hard to watch but overall it was very enjoyable
    ~James Galway

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    I really liked the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Rooney did a great job.
    I can't quite figure out why I would see this new version when the original films were so perfect. How tight are Daniel Craig's jeans in this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    Departures was highly recommended to me by Netflix but for some reason it doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll try it anyway.
    I had read reviews that Departures was good and then a few people recommended this movie to me...I just wasn't expecting it to pack such an emotional whollop. I think I got it confused with another movie about a musician who left home and most of the movie about his time away from home. This movie is for people who like heartfelt dramas which have a few funny moments, but more moments that require a box of Kleenex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    You don't need to see any of the previous MI movie before seeing MI4. Each film stands on its own.
    Good. That saves me a lot of time.

vCash
    peter- well, there is a scene of him just in his underwear
    ~James Galway

vCash
    I'm going to see the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight. I'll let you know
    I just watched my son's copy of the Swedish version. Good movie. I think you've seen it, too. Please let us know how they compare.

NJL

OOPS!!!!! I just read you're next post....

Thanks for the info. The Miami Herald's Rene Rodriquez reviewed it in today's paper. He gave it a 3 1/2 star rating (out of a possible 4). To give a few short quotes from his review: "Every aspect of this superbly made film is precise...", "The movie radiates an ice-cold heat...", "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is a fabulously sinister entertainment, but it breaks your heart, too. Who expected that?".

Hopefully I'll get to see it in the next week or so. Then I can make the comparison for myself. Until then I've got my son's copies of The Girl That Played With Fire and The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest to keep me entertained...
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 12-21-2011 at 08:46 PM.

vCash
    Just saw MI4 today and it is really good and keeps moving from start to finish. Action fans will not be disappointed! :respect:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Just watched the most amaaaaazing movie this morning. Departures (Oscar winner for Best Foreign Language Film a few years back). This just might be one of my five favourite films of all time. Just a wonderful, wonderful movie. If you haven't seen it, get it from your library or netflix immediately! (And have some hankies near by!!)

).

Based on your recommendation, I moved Departures to the top of my Netflix queue. Should get it early next week (OOPS! the holiday gets in the way)- in any case after I return the movie I currently have.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Departures is such a good film that even the annoyingly saccharine and infantile Ryoko Hirosue cannot ruin it.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    peter- well, there is a scene of him just in his underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Based on your recommendation, I moved Departures to the top of my Netflix queue. Should get it early next week (OOPS! the holiday gets in the way)- in any case after I return the movie I currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Departures is such a good film that even the annoyingly saccharine and infantile Ryoko Hirosue cannot ruin it.

vCash
    Saw Mission Impossible. It was ok I guess. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. I was kind of expecting it to feel bigger than life, but it all felt rather small. But not unpleasant to watch--if nothing else for the scenery shots. Kinda reminded me of House Hunters International

vCash
    Finally the good movies are here, but I have very little time because of the holidays. I went to see The artist this afternoon, but could not find a parking place and had to leave without seeing the movie.

vCash
    Just got back from 'Young Adult' and both Mr. Japanfan and I loved it - it was good idea to ignore the clerk's warning that it wasn't very good. . .

It helped a bit that I was once a whiskey drinking writer who made an idiot of herself. lived somewhat in a fantasy world, and have been jealous of ex's who have moved on to new relationships.

But I think the movie would broadly appeal to many people, though probably more so to people who are older and look back on their high school days through the lens of life experience. . .

Well acted, well scripted, and like Jason Reitman's other films (Juno, Up in the Air), tells a story about believable people and handles heavy emotions with a deft and light touch.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Well acted, well scripted, and like Jason Reitman's other films (Juno, Up in the Air), tells a story about believable people and handles heavy emotions with a deft and light touch.
    I didn't know that "Young Adult" was a Jason Reitman film. Now I know for sure that I'm going to like it!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast