View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Young Adult (comedy with Charlize Theron, J. K. Simmons and Patrick Wilson)

14 27.45%
  • Carnage (comedy with Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster and Christopher Waltz)

16 31.37%
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (thriller with Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer and Rooney Mara)

31 60.78%
  • Albert Nobbs (drama with Glenn Close, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Brendan Gleeson, and Brenda Fricker)

18 35.29%
  • War Horse (drama with Emily Watson, Jeremy Irvine and David Thewlis)

18 35.29%
  • The Iron Lady (biographical drama with Meryl Streep, Jim Broadbent, Anthony Head, Richard E. Grant)

35 68.63%
  • The Grey (action with Liam Neeson and Dermot Mulroney)

4 7.84%
  • Man on a Ledge (thriller with Sam Worthington, Jamie Bell, Ed Harris and Elizabeth Banks)

2 3.92%
  • One for the Money (comedy crime thriller with Katherine Heigl, Jason O'Mara and Debbie Reynolds)

3 5.88%
  • Chronicle 20th (sci-fi horror with Michael B. Jordan and Michael Kelly)

2 3.92%
  • The Woman in Black (horror with Daniel Radcliffe and Janet McTeer)

12 23.53%
  • Gone (thriller with Amanda Seyfried and Jennifer Carpenter, Wes Bentley and Michael Pare)

5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    What was the name of the Star Trek movie in which Captain Kirk, Mr.Spock and Dr.McCoy are vacationing in the Yosemite National park and singing 'Row row row your boat gently down the stream'?
    Number 4? Star Trek 4: The something something something?
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    It was Star Trek: The Final frontier, the 5th movie.

Yes, my geek just fell out. Except I didn't see this one, heard it was bad. I saw the others, though.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    Number 4? Star Trek 4: The something something something?
    Number 4 was 'The voyage home' and it was really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    It was Star Trek: The Final frontier, the 5th movie.

Yes, my geek just fell out. Except I didn't see this one, heard it was bad. I saw the others, though.
    I had seen it on DVD last year but could not remember the title. Not my favorite Startrek movie- not worthy of the fabulous TV series. I had liked movie #3 (The search for Spock) and #4 (The voyage home) quite a lot.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash

vCash
    Just a tit bit. I read that Sony has brought the rights to the authorized Steve Jobs bio and has asked Aaron Sorkin to do the script. George Clooney or maybe Noah Wyle are possibilities for the title role. Wyle played the same part in a 1999 TNT movie about the rivalry between Jobs and Bill Gates. The name of that TNT movie is "Pirates of Silicone Valley" just in case anyone is interested.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Just a tit bit. I read that Sony has brought the rights to the authorized Steve Jobs bio and has asked Aaron Sorkin to do the script. George Clooney or maybe Noah Wyle are possibilities for the title role. Wyle played the same part in a 1999 TNT movie about the rivalry between Jobs and Bill Gates. The name of that TNT movie is "Pirates of Silicone Valley" just in case anyone is interested.
    huh huh

huh huh

she said...

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Noah Wylie from ER? He's not a movie star. No way he'll get the lead in the film. I don't know if I can picture Clooney playing Jobs. He's going to have to curse a lot and cry a lot

vCash
    I finally saw J.Edgar today. I was disappointed. I had high expectations because of some great names- Clint Eastwood (did he direct this or was he just a producer?), Leonardo DiCaprio (great job as old and young Hoover), Naomi Watts (could not recognize her) Judi Dench, etc. I was really looking forward to the historical information, but the way it was presented made it boring for me. Things about his personal life were quite shocking. I don't believe homosexuality was accepted in the society those days.
    Last edited by Vash01; 12-12-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Teaser Posters.

"The Amazing Spider-Man" poster: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/1...-revealed.html

"The Dark Knight Rises" poster: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/1...tman-mask.html

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I finally saw J.Edgar today. I was disappointed. I had high expectations because of some great names- Clint Eastwood (did he direct this or was he just a producer?), Leonardo DiCaprio (great job as old and young Hoover), Naomi Watts (could not recognize her) Judi Dench, etc. I was really looking forward to the historical information, but the way it was presented made it boring for me. Things about his personal life were quite shocking. I don't believe homosexuality was accepted in the society those days.
    Lies!

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Saw Hugo today - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

vCash
    Thanks emason! I want to see it but was waiting until someone else came and gave a review.

vCash
    None of the movies that really interest me are featured in the poll.

I guess "Carnage" kind of does but I am definitely not going to be filling Polanski's coffers with my money.

"The Artist" looks very interesting. Definitely a must see.

It got 8.6 on IMDB, so I am really interested in that movie.
    Because IMDB ratings are something that can be relied on.

Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    It's all relative to the budget.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Saw Hugo today - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
    I agree with you- a lovely movie- and although I usually hate 3D, it worked in this one.

Beautiful.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    I agree with you- a lovely movie- and although I usually hate 3D, it worked in this one.

Beautiful.

Yes, I thought the 3D was totally appropriate. Usually it's used just for the sake of using it, but this time it was a real complement to the story. Scorsese's love of movies, all movies, and his interest in film preservation comes through in every frame; I don't think any other director could have made this.

Disclaimer: I'm such a sentimentalist that I cried all through the last half hour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Yes, I thought the 3D was totally appropriate. Usually it's used just for the sake of using it, but this time it was a real complement to the story. Scorsese's love of movies, all movies, and his interest in film preservation comes through in every frame; I don't think any other director could have made this.

Disclaimer: I'm such a sentimentalist that I cried all through the last half hour.
    This is the first film I've seen in 3D. I believe one critic said it looked like the snowflakes were falling on his/her lap and I agree. Scorsese's Paris was breathtaking. And I knew little to nothing of early film. It was so thrilling to see a bit what I've missed all of these years. I agree with everthing you said emason. I did not cry at this film but the two women behind me started halfway through and I understood why. Before it opened I thought this was a childrens film. Now I think anyone who loves movies should see this.

vCash
    I'm going to have to wait until War Horse is available for VOD or DVD. Not keen on sobbing hysterically in a cinema.

I have to leave the room when the TV ad is on. Horse in danger! Hot young men in peril! Hot young man talking to horse!

It's too much.

It's like Hidalgo, Black Beauty, Saving Private Ryan all in one.

Just STOP IT.

vCash
    Deleted post

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

It's all relative to the budget.
    I've also noticed there's a big difference in Domestic and International tallies.

Sometimes a movie can be big in the US, but flounder overseas. Or flounder in the US but make lots of money overseas.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast