View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Young Adult (comedy with Charlize Theron, J. K. Simmons and Patrick Wilson)

14 27.45%
  • Carnage (comedy with Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster and Christopher Waltz)

16 31.37%
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (thriller with Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer and Rooney Mara)

31 60.78%
  • Albert Nobbs (drama with Glenn Close, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Brendan Gleeson, and Brenda Fricker)

18 35.29%
  • War Horse (drama with Emily Watson, Jeremy Irvine and David Thewlis)

18 35.29%
  • The Iron Lady (biographical drama with Meryl Streep, Jim Broadbent, Anthony Head, Richard E. Grant)

35 68.63%
  • The Grey (action with Liam Neeson and Dermot Mulroney)

4 7.84%
  • Man on a Ledge (thriller with Sam Worthington, Jamie Bell, Ed Harris and Elizabeth Banks)

2 3.92%
  • One for the Money (comedy crime thriller with Katherine Heigl, Jason O'Mara and Debbie Reynolds)

3 5.88%
  • Chronicle 20th (sci-fi horror with Michael B. Jordan and Michael Kelly)

2 3.92%
  • The Woman in Black (horror with Daniel Radcliffe and Janet McTeer)

12 23.53%
  • Gone (thriller with Amanda Seyfried and Jennifer Carpenter, Wes Bentley and Michael Pare)

5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    vCash
    I know he may be promoting a film but I miss those who didn't always follow the rules. Specifically I'm talking about Cher and Bette Midler. They were not obnoxious imo and they were always true to themselves. I guess I just want someone to shake things up a bit.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    You want to be entertained. Apparetnly the Oscars have lost sight of that...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Saw Acts Of Valour and while it was not as bad as the critics said; it just seemed to be missing something but was still entertaining.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    saw midnite in paris-zzzz xcept 4 the city itself. conan the barbarian was gd silly naked guy fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    saw midnite in paris-zzzz xcept 4 the city itself. conan the barbarian was gd silly naked guy fun
    I did not get Midnight in Paris the first time I saw it. I thought it was just OK. Second time I really enjoyed it. Of course the city and the music were wonderful, but the second time I was able to appreciate the idea and the details more.

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    i watched it 2x 2-still zzzz. another recommend is s korean film called poetry.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Some comedies I've seen the last few months. I'm going to rate the movies out of ten and see if that is helpful to others. Do the same with your movie reviews if the spirit moves ya!

9/10 - Our Idiot Brother (Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, Emily Mortimer, Steve Coogan and Rashida Jones) - I admit I had very low expectations for this movie. I thought it was going to be a stupid comedy. I was wrong. Not that stupid, silly stuff doesn't happen, but it's enjoyable to watch (as opposed to and thinking, "morons!!"). And while the movie is funny, it has a heart and is just all-around enjoyable to watch. A pleasant surprise for sure. A must-see from this reviewer!

And I think with this movie I have to jump on the Paul Rudd bandwagon. I haven't thought one way or another about him and now I'm realizing that I've enjoyed all of the movies I've seen him in...or enjoyed him in spite of the movie (Anchorman). Dinner For Schmucks, I Love You Man, Role Models, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Knocked Up, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy... Okay Mr. Rudd, I'm going to like you on facebook.

8/10 You Again - Okay, I admit that I love Kristen Bell, Sigourney Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis, Betty White, Kristin Chenoweth and Victor Garber. So I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy pretty much ANY movie with this cast. The plot had a few problems, but much more good stuff. Another movie that is simply enjoyable to spend 105 minutes with.

8/10 The Invention of Lying (Ricky Gervais, Jennifer Garner, Rob Lowe, Louis C.K., Jonah Hill, Jeffrey Tambor and Tina Fey) - Many moments of brilliance, moments unlike I've never seen in a movie before. The second half lags somewhat in comparison to an amazing first half, otherwise I'd rate this one higher. NOTE: If you're devoutly religious you might consider skipping this one!

7/10 Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil (Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine) - I just loved the idea of this movie, where the horror movie creepy killers are really just misunderstood doofuses. And there's lots of good stuff in this one, but only the second half that lags somewhat keeps me from rating this one higher. If you like parodies and want to see something that hasn't been done before (as far as I'm aware), then you should check this one out.

7/10 Horrible Bosses (Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell, Jennifer Anniston, Charlie Day and Donald Sutherland) - I was going to give this is a six, but as I listen to the trailer as I type, I decided to move this up a notch. Lots of great stuff here, Colin Farrell nastily talking about his employee in his "special little chair" (aka his wheelchair). Well, that's just too depravedly funny to not give this movie a seven. Lots of favourite bits to pick from with this movie!

6/10 Adam's Rib (Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn and Judy Holliday) - I should probably rate this higher. It's just that it's a movie that I've wanted to see forever, so my expectations were probably way out of whack. There's lots of great stuff in this movie, but some of it is too laboured. They're trying too hard, to see the two leads in comparison to Judy Holliday's relaxed performance, I begrudgingly gave this one only a six out of ten.

4/10 Bad Teacher (Cameron Diaz, Jason Segal and Justin Timberlake) - Okay, this movie really rates a six out of ten. But the overall theme of the movie (

Spoiler

. So two points off for that. Lots of great bits in this movie, so I do recommend it as a good movie...it's just what I mention in the spoiler that might want to keep you from adding this to your netflix queue.

3/10 Friends With Benefits (Mila Kunis, Justin Timberlake, Woody Harrelson, Patricia Clarkson, Richard Jenkins and Shaun White) - I can hardly remember what this one is about even though I just watched it a few weeks ago. Some parts of the script is good, other parts are kinda blah. Mila Kunis is watchable as always, and Justin Timberlake is good to watch...but he's the weak link in comedy and screen presence for this movie. A more 'ready-for-primetime' comedic actor would probably have made this movie a lot more successful. I think Shaun White probably did a better job with his role than Timberlake. Other than Kunis, Patricia Clarkson is a highlight of this movie.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Independent Spirit Award Winners:

Best Feature
    The Artist – Producer: Thomas Langmann

Best Director
    Michel Hazanavicius – The Artist

Best Screenplay
    Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash – The Descendants

Best First Feature
    Margin Call – Director: J.C. Chandor, Producers: Robert Ogden Barnum, Michael Benaroya, Neal Dodson, Joe Jenckes, Corey Moosa, Zachary Quinto

Best First Screenplay
    Will Reiser – 50/50

John Cassavetes Award
    Pariah – Writer/Director: Dee Rees, Producer: Nekisa Cooper

Best Female Lead
    Michelle Williams – My Week with Marilyn

Best Male Lead
    Jean Dujardin – The Artist

Best Supporting Female
    Shailene Woodley – The Descendants

Best Supporting Male
    Christopher Plummer – Beginners

Best Cinematography
    Guillaume Schiffman – The Artist

Best Documentary
    The Interrupters – Director/Producer: Steve James, Producer: Alex Kotlowitz

Best International Film
    A Separation (Iran)

Piaget Producers Award
    Sophia Lin – Take Shelter

Someone to Watch Award
    Mark Jackson – Without

Truer Than Fiction Award
    Heather Courtney – Where Soldiers Come From

Robert Altman Award
    Margin Call – Director: J.C. Chandor

Casting Director: Tiffany Little Canfield, Bernard Telsey

Ensemble Cast: Penn Badgley, Simon Baker, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Irons, Mary McDonnell, Demi Moore, Zachary Quinto, Kevin Spacey, Stanley Tucci

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I saw gone on tuesday and The Vow tonight.... Gone was not that great but I really liked The Vow
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

vCash
    A little late, but I saw The Grey a little while ago. It was TERRIBLE. Maybe the worst movie I've ever seen. I love Liam Neeson, but it was truly awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    A little late, but I saw The Grey a little while ago. It was TERRIBLE. Maybe the worst movie I've ever seen. I love Liam Neeson, but it was truly awful.
    Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of watching it.

vCash
    Well, I saw The Grey the first week it came out and I thought it was terrific, one of the best movies I've seen lately. The action-adventure part is only the surface of the story; there is a lot more going on underneath. My friend and I were still thinking about it and talking about it the next day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Well, I saw The Grey the first week it came out and I thought it was terrific, one of the best movies I've seen lately. The action-adventure part is only the surface of the story; there is a lot more going on underneath. My friend and I were still thinking about it and talking about it the next day.

That sounds like my kind of movie- thinking about it even the next day.

What should I do now? It's 50-50 (terrific vs. terrible)?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516