This week I'm participating with my team in an international scavenger hunt, aiming to break the Guiness record (details here). Basically, roughly 6210 are split in teams of 10 and each team tries to find / create the items posted on a special list, with help from friends, family and random passers-by. We managed to complete quite a lot of the challenges so far, but there are some tasks that we could use some help with due to our geographic location or the lack of resources.
If you can help us and want to contribute to breaking the Guinness record, here is a list of the items we need (warning: the items are a bit on the crazy side ) :
- A photo of a cruel Canadian. - Is there anybody from Canada to make a scary face on a photo, or maybe take a photo of their coach...?
- A short video (less than 20 seconds) of someone calculating the tip at the end of a meal at a restaurant on an authentic antique comptometer,
- A photo of a girl dressed as a ballerina, 10-years old or younger, standing on point in a tutu reading “Guns and Ammo.”,
- A photo of a pressed dandelion flower, (It's almost winter here where I live... No chance of finding a dandelion)
- A photo of 15 gallons of fresh soup, (does anybody here work in a restaurant? ' ) Bonus if it's borsch.
- A fast food restaurant menu board (you know the thing behind and above the cashiers) with the letters rearranged to read “GISHWHES Combo $3.99”,
- A photo of somebody holding a sign saying GISHWHES CROSSES FIRST on the Oyapock River Bridge,
- A school bus going through a car (or truck) wash,
- A photo of a flying kite in front of a Taiwanese wind farm,
- A single photo showing 3 subway maps from your city; one from current year, plus the previous 2 editions,
- A photo of somebody karate chopping the Bruce Lee statue in Hong Kong,
- Eight women each holding up one of the letters; G, I, S, H, W, H, E, S, to spell GISHWHES in front of a monument in the capital city of their country,
- As you know, chewing gum is illegal in Singapore. But, if you are in a boat in the Port of Singapore, you can do whatever you want. Chew an entire pack of gum at once while on a boat with the Singapore skyline behind you. Take a photo!
- An image of the text of an Emily Dickenson poem projected on the hull of a navy ship at night. The ship must be at least as big as a destroyer.
- A pink feather boa hanging out the window of the engine car of a moving, full-sized steam-powered locomotive,
- A photo of a person in a rowboat on the Yangtze wearing an “I love New York” T-shirt.
- A photo of an item dispensed from a Japanese vending machine that is neither food nor beverage nor consumer electronics nor a tobacco product. Both the dispensed item and the vending machine must be visible,
- A tow truck towing another tow truck,
- A photo of a school bus going through a car (or truck) wash,
- A photo of a tow truck towing another tow truck,
- A photo of somebody rescuing a cat from a cork tree,
(The items must be original and not published anywhere else. The hunts ends Tuesday morning (10AM Moscow time).
I picked the most "doable" items, as there are many that are just insane or bordering on impossible (ever felt like pitching a tent in in the middle of the backyard of the White House? Or decrypting Kryptos Part 4? Or sky-diving in a pink thong? ).
If you can help with any of those items, please PM me! I'll be eternally grateful for any help, plus I can draw / paint something in return after the Hunt is over.