vCash

Azerbaijani citizenship

Hey everyone, I know many skaters have obtained Azerbaijani citizenship in order to skate for that country.

Does anyone know how long it takes to obtain Azerbaijani citizenship for a foreigner? (I'm not looking to change citizenship myself.) I looked online but haven't found the answer. Thanks in advance for anyone who knows anything.

vCash
    This was linked from the Azerbaijan consulate in the USA.
    Azerbaijan State Migration Service information for "able bodied" foreigners and stateless persons over 18, or children 14-18 immigration with guardians/parents. (Able bodied = able to obtain medical certification, free of certain diseases and conditions.)

Two years residence required, at minimum, to gain permanent residence or "immigrant status."

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    5 years.

Article 14. Admission to Citizenship of the Azerbaijan Republic
    A foreigner or stateless person residing on the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic for the last 5 years, who submits a document certifying his/her knowledge of the state language,
    http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/standardse...enship_ENG.pdf
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    Thank you.

Wasn't Fedor Andreev going to skate singles for AZE, but then did not? It seemed that happened almost overnight... just curious.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Andreev and Joelle Forte (USA) both tried to represent AZE in the 2009-10 season, but failed.

ETA link to a Sept. 2009 IN article: Who's skating for Azerbaijan?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-27-2011 at 09:14 PM.