vCash

Richard Callaghan Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuw_3HyOsJs

An interesting interview. Reminded me how much I enjoyed the competitive days with Todd, Nicole B, Tara, etc. Does he have any up and comers these days? Feel we haven't seen Richard in quite sometime... a far cry from having both singles national champions in 1997!

vCash
    That was thrilling to watch the link above, allendale 101, not so much for Richard, but he also has 92 Albertville Olympics man by man, fabulous.

vCash
    I remember that a male student in Detroit accused Calaghan of sexual harassment and he abruptly announced his retirement. Angela Nikodinov had just moved to him at the time.

The next thing I heard about him he was coaching in Florida. Apparently Nicole is in Florida also working at another rink, and he and Todd are sort of mentoring her (along with JoJo Starbuck), to try and keep her away from the drug crowd.

vCash
    Who are the three world champions for Callaghan? Todd, Tara and ???

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Arakawa, perhaps? He coached her until shortly before 2004 Worlds. He was also Meissner's coach for a time (2008-10?).

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Sometimes World medalists during the World Championships medal ceremony are referred to as a collective group of "World champions" when they are introduced to the audience and take their victory lap even though the silver and bronze medalists are not technically the champion gold medalist. Maybe the interviewer was collectively grouping Nicole in with Todd and Tara since she is a World bronze medalist. Who knows?