Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Much happiness in your new position, Sarah!

vCash
    Congratulations on your new job. I think you will be happy with your decision.

vCash
    Congratulations on the new job! I hope that 2012 will bring nice things for all of us. Let us know how you like it once you get used to things.

vCash
    Thanks everyone!

I just wanted to say a few things.

First, nothing solidified my decision more than the reaction from some when I gave my notice late last week (I'll work through the end of the month and start the new position on February 1). My supervisor was nice about it, told me if she were in my shoes, she'd take it too (of course, she's part of the reason I'm taking the job, but...). I didn't give a real reason--just said that it was a great opportunity that I couldn't pass up at this point in my career. Supervisor also noted that it's closer to home for me which I said was an added bonus (or something along that lines). Fast forward to Friday. The Dean is annoyed and telling people that I knew about the commute when I took the job and if she knew I'd be leaving, they'd never have hired me, blah blah blah. That alone has given me all the confidence and more in my decision. Considering commute was NOT the lone reason (and, if all other negative factors in my job were no existent, the commute would be no issue--commuting for a job you love isn't a problem)....

That said, most of my co-workers who have heard so far are thrilled for me, told me they'd have done the same thing, and that at this point in my career, I'd be stupid not to take it. I'm not invested in this position (retirement, etc.) so what do I have to lose?

I'm looking forward to the job though. They put out an announcement to staff on Friday that I accepted the position and included my email. I've already received notes of welcome, congratulations, and offers to answer questions I may have, and offers to show me the ropes when I arrive from more than 10 staff members.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Fast forward to Friday. The Dean is annoyed and telling people that I knew about the commute when I took the job and if she knew I'd be leaving, they'd never have hired me, blah blah blah.
    Wow. How very mature and professional.

You're lucky to be out of there.

vCash
    Congrats Sarah and best of luck - it definitely sounds you made the right choice!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234