Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Don't forget the decorations. http://www.tamponcrafts.com/turkey.html

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post

I had leftover squash stuffing so I ate it for lunch. It was . I'm not a cook so please excuse me while I .

Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    If you're trying to save some $$ then you don't have to buy the red food coloring

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Never mind.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I had planned on driving to Ohio to spend the holiday at my dad's, but he and my stepmom are spending it this year at my stepmom's daughter's house. I like my stepmom's family, but not to the point of driving 6 hours to spend the holiday at one of their homes! So for the 2nd time ever, I'm spending the holiday alone...But definitely cooking myself a feast:

Roasted turkey legs, spare ribs, grilled lamb chops, corn beef and cabbage, fried corn with green pepper and bacon, mashed potatoes, oyster dressing, salad, and a butterscotch pound cake. I'll probably be finished around 6-7pm.

I just heard a neighbor yell "smells good!" Sounds like some college kids. Maybe I'll be nice and invite them over.

vCash
    My Thanksgiving was I made the stuffing, and it was EXCELLENT.

For those of you who are alone on Thanksgiving and want company, for next year, contact your local university. You can "adopt" an orphan college student. LSU used to do that for international students--they would "place" them with local people for the day, or even the week-end, so they could experience an American tradition; I helped coordinate it one year. I'm sure most universities have something similar.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    If you're trying to save some $$ then you don't have to buy the red food coloring
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    I'm glad I erased my response then.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Like duane, I'm on my own but currently have a small turkey cooking. I brimmed it last night with kosher salt and brown sugar, and today added butter, olive oil, lemon juice and adobo (latin seasoning). Fully expecting yumminess providing I hit the right cooking time.

Also have stuffing (not homemade sadly), sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie courtesy of Linvilla Orchards. I could have baked instead but figured I should take advantage as I probably will have moved by this time next year.

Can't wait, I'm already hungry.

vCash
    We are having spaghetti and meatballs. Not much of a thanksgiving this year...

vCash
    The best part of the meal, cornbread. Loved it. We were just talking about that pistachio salad. I'm going to make it for Christmas. Only one of the congealed salad I like. Except the strawberry one with pretzel crust. That one is just like a dessert.

vCash
    We had some delicious carrots with honey in addition to whatever I mentioned upthread, and I forget what else, it was four times as much food as we needed. Best invention ever that we only use twice a year is an apple corer and peeler, yes one machine that you ring the grinder and it does both at once.

FIL's oxygen kept falling out or he was taking it out, the whole thing was scary. They were out of their assisted living facility with us for four hours, and I'm glad they're home. Place was locked up when DH took them back.

DH let his mother and father have wine. I object, but have to keep quiet. One is on Lasix and the other is on Coumadin, I'm not sure booze is allowed, and they are both on walkers, kind of like walking drunk, blind leading the blind. Not my parents, can't say anything more, tried already.

We have a gazillion leftovers, and ours are all cheese and desserts.

Son is in big trouble because he read the local train schedule on his phone wrong, and his BIL had to connect to a train to NYC. When last seen, they had bagged the local and were driving to Philly on the highway to try to catch it. Son had wine, I am not happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Can't wait, I'm already hungry.
    I just finished eating. I'm STUFFED!! Can barely walk! Am now washing it down with a bottle of wine.

It's always great to be with family for the holidays, but it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy it alone!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I like my stepmom's family, but not to the point of driving 6 hours to spend the holiday at one of their homes! So for the 2nd time ever, I'm spending the holiday alone...But definitely cooking myself a feast:

I just heard a neighbor yell "smells good!" Sounds like some college kids. Maybe I'll be nice and invite them over.
    Awesome! I decided to go it alone this year, too. I usually go over to my stepson's, but he's out of the country, and those kind people who looked like they were ready to invite me, I lied to them, saying I had a place to go to. In reality, the thought of piling down a 4,000-calorie meal while being bored out of my skull with people I don't have much in common with was just too much.

I just made a terrific Shepherd's pie from scratch, and with a nice glass of Spanish red wine, I am immensely enjoying catching up on skating YouTubes.

vCash
    Our menu:
    Turkey
    Stuffing
    Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
    Green beans with ham
    Sauerkraut (its a Maryland tradition at Thanksgiving & Christmas)
    Rolls
    Chocolate Cake (for me, because I don't like pies!)
    Pumpkin Pie
    Apple Pie
    Vanilla Ice Cream

I love the taste of Sauerkraut with mashed potatoes & gravy!
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 11-25-2011 at 03:35 AM.

vCash
    My uncle isn't a big turkey fan, and he said the turkey I made was the best he has ever had. I'm patting myself on the back right now.

vCash
    We had ham,turkey,cornbread dressing,green bean casserole,sauteed green beans w/garlic for those who can't eat the green bean casserole,cranberry sauce,corn,rolls,rice,and deviled eggs.Pumpkin pie and homemade chocolate pudding were the desert options.

vCash
    Thanks for the menstrual show.
    These are the best crafts ever. Period.

Just got back from dinner - ex-Mr. Rex and bf went above and beyond - turkey with apple cider/white wine glaze, garlic mashed potatoes, homemade cornbread dressing, sweet corn, green beans, cranberry sauce, apple & sweet potato pies with vanilla ice cream. After dinner coffee made with a French press. Just four of us and their dogs - who got their own turkey dinner . It was great. I'm stuffed and tired. I'm off tomorrow, and I can get my papers done for class.

vCash
    The usual (and yummy) suspects: turkey, stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberries and a variety of pies. We did have a simple green salad and delicious butternut squash soup to start. The soup was a hit. I have been fighting off sleep since completing the feast.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the FSU types in/from the US! i hope you had a great day!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast