Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Whatsha eatin' for Thanksgiving?

I know there's a recipe thread, but I didn't notice a Thanksgiving meal thread this time around... mods, if I am in error, please feel free to shut this one down.

I'll be going to my sister's place, lots of family. We'll have the typical turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing... plus, everyone chips in. I don't know what else others are making--I'm bringing frijoles molidos as an appetizer.
    Last edited by skateboy; 11-24-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    I'm spending Thanksgiving by myself this year. Looking forward to some peace and quiet. I am not cooking, but stopped and bought chicken, mashed potato, corn and pumpkin pie at Boston Market. I have cranberry sauce as well. I'm all set.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I am making turkey, home made stuffing, asparagus, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce and corn. Others are bringing pies, muffins, sweet potatoes, squash casserole, salad and relish tray (veggies/olives/pickles). We have three kinds of wine to go with the meal - a semi-sweet white, a dry white and a red. Appetizers are a couple of dips and crackers, and potato chips for my dad.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    We're having a vegan thanksgiving. I'm making stuffed squash and a root veggie salad with orange vinaigrette. My mother's making lentil loaf (shut up ) and a dessert or two. My sister is bringing vegan mashed potatoes and maybe something else. Maybe I'll saute some asparagus for something green.

ETA: This is very similar to the recipe I used for the squash except I didn't use cranberries (damn!), I used white rice (another damn) and I used celery root instead of celery.
    Last edited by galaxygirl; 11-24-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like lentil loaf but i'm too lazy to cook
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Filet mignon, crab cakes, roasted veggies, baked potato casserole, chocolate silk pie! Yum!

vCash
    Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberries, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, rolls, peas and peach pie. The peach pie is for breakfast.

And wine. Lots and lots and lots of wine.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cream corn, stuffing, rolls, apple cider, blueberry pie. I think that's all.

vCash
    My niece made some sort of a pumpkin dip and we're also noshing off a veggie tray to start. Dinner will be the usual - turkey, ham, my mom's stuffing, green bean casserole (blech), garlic mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, cranberries (jelled and fresh whole ones my mom made), and rolls. Dessert will be all pies - pumpkin, apple and cherry.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    This is dinner for 21:

Meal -- turkey (which I just finished stuffing with truffle butter under the skin), garlic mashed potatoes, two types of stuffing, corn pudding, yams, spicy cranberry relish, asparagus, roasted veggies, and a homemade challah.

Dessert -- cheesecake, chocolate cake, apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate-caramel fudge, and two types of chocolate chip cookies. (Only the pies are store bought.)

vCash
    Oysters

Roast turkey
    Cranberry-orange relish
    Brussels sprouts
    Wild rice with chestnuts and chantrelles
    Sweet potato bread
    Miniature johnnycakes

Salad

Apple pie
    Maple pie
    Cinnamon ice cream

For anyone still looking for vegetable dishes to make, point your browser here: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...nksgiving.html

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Very traditional.

Turkey with sage bread stuffing
    Mashed potatoes
    Sweet potatoes with praline
    Green bean casserole
    Ambrosia
    Fruit salad
    Relish tray
    Raw veggies and dill dip
    Fresh made cranberry sauce
    Pecan pie
    Pumpkin pie
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Enough food to feed a battalion and have leftovers…

Pickle/Olive Plate
    Spinach Dip in a Pumpernickel bowl w/ Tortilla Chips
    Cheese Plate w/ Assorted Crackers

Deviled Eggs
    Watergate Salad
    Turkey
    Dressing and Gravy
    Honey Baked Ham
    Cranberry Mold
    Sweet Potato Soufflé
    Green Beans
    Garlic Mashed Potatoes
    Broccoli w/ Cheese Sauce
    Tea Rolls and Mini-Croissants

Pumpkin Pie
    Pecan Pie
    Chocolate Chip Brownies
    Apple Pie
    (plus Whipped Cream and/or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream)

Wine (red and white)
    Sweet Iced Tea
    Soft Drinks

All of this for 14 people . My sister requested that everyone bring a couple of decent-sized pieces of GladWare to haul some of the inevitable leftovers home as there's no way in hell it will all fit in her fridge.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    We are going to a very nice banquet center that has a huge Thanksgiving spread, complete with -- Santa Claus!

But this morning I am baking a pumpkin/chocolate/chocolate chip bundt cake and I was also going to make these delicious Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies, but somebody ate over half bag of my other chocolate chips!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Yummy lineup for everyone!

Before dinner pigging:
    Shrimp cocktail, cheeses (delice de Bourgogne, aged cheddar, goat log with cranberry, gouda)/crackers, pate mousse trouffe, grapes, olives

Main event:
    Turkey
    Cornbread stuffing with crumbled turkey sage sausage, onion, and celery
    Prancer's famous, artery-clogging make-ahead mashed potatoes
    Giblet gravy
    Mesclun greens with pears, roquefort and walnuts
    Herb marinated grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchini, orange/yellow/red peppers, vidalia onion)
    Couple of baked yams for the ones who must have them
    Cranberries cooked in orange juice and cinnamon
    Trying to decide if we also need the steamed green beans with a touch of dill.

Desserts: pumpkin pie, Mr AYS's famous flourless chocolate torte, my niece's key lime pie and apparently she is also attempting some sort of bread pudding

Wine, cider, lemonade
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    For the first time in my life, my husband and I are going to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner, and it sounds divine! I'll have the prime rib, thank you!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Watergate Salad
    As a fan of American cooking traditions, this jumped out at me and I immediately googled it.

Sounds kinda gross actually, but maybe it's one of those recipes that's so kitschy it's good? I'm going to add it to my Super Bowl menu file.

For those interested, Watergate Salad.

vCash
    Going out.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

vCash
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and your families.

I have a turkey breast roasting in the oven, and having the usual stuffing, green beans and cranberries to gobble up later.

vCash
    I'm going to my cousin's house and I think there are around 13 or 14 of us. I presume we're having turkey but it could be a roast. I was asked to bring my M&M cookies and I'll bring a bottle of wine, too.

Last night I baked the cookies and then a friend came over with her two kids and we had chicken bacon ranch pizza and then sampled the cookies. It was good! And fun. We then walked to the church around the corner for a Thanksgiving eve ecumenical service and that was fun, too.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast