Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    ^ IN's picture quality has improved, thank goodness.

vCash
    doesn't it also give the teams and singles skaters in the final group perhaps more buffer time to possibly change elements (a little bit) in the long program given how the previous groups skated?

btw, because pairs' final group is the next day, does this mean they even get an extra practice session?

vCash
    TV can dictate anything it wants as long as Federations agree to it. They sell the schedule for the TV revenue. It's no longer about the competition but about the advertising and TV rights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    doesn't it also give the teams and singles skaters in the final group perhaps more buffer time to possibly change elements (a little bit) in the long program given how the previous groups skated?

btw, because pairs' final group is the next day, does this mean they even get an extra practice session?
    Yes, it does.

And it might mean the pairs in the final groups get an extra practice session (as well as an extra night of sleep/time to recover from the SP). It's possible that the pairs in the first group could have both their 40-minute "official practice" session on SAT as well as their 20-minute "official warm-up" on SAT... while the final group of skaters will have definitely have just their 40-minute "official practice" session on SAT and then their 20-minute "official warm-up" on SUN. Most recent years at nationals, however, I've never seen an event get both a 40-minute official practice & 20-minute official warm-up on the same day... and if they were provided, some people will skip or not complete their 40-minute practice... so I doubt that will occur for the pairs in the first group.

It looks very likely that the pairs in the final group will benefit from one additional practice session, the extra night of sleep, the extra time to recover from the SP, and the ability to use knowledge of what the pairs-in-the-early-groups did (and how they were judged) to potentially make some minor changes. These are some of the bigger reasons why it's just not fair to the early group pairs to do it this way.

vCash
    From what I know, the Championship Pairs' final full (40-minute) practice session for all groups is scheduled to be on Saturday morning. The 20-minute warmups will take place on Saturday afternoon for the 2 early groups that will compete on Saturday night, and on Sunday morning for the 2 later groups that will compete on Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    I'll also be at Session 18 for those Senior Pairs.

I'm really hoping if one team withdraws (prior to the start of the competition) and takes us down to 12 teams, that they really can make a change to the schedule and allow for all 12 skaters to compete on Sunday, in 3 groups of 4. It's about a 12 minute different to add in two more teams (instead of the top 10 originally figured). The tech panel, judges, and other officials surely do not want to interrupt their evening the night before for so few pairs, and I believe that the officials as well would want to have all of the teams competing on the same day if it were possible -- for their own sake.
    Of course it's preferable to have all the pairs compete on the same day if the event HAS to be split for live TV coverage. But if the final group of Pairs FS is to be shown live, that still means the 2 early groups of Championship Men have to have their 20-minute warmup before the Pairs, and right now they are scheduled to start at 6:30 am on Sunday!

Glad to know I'll have some company in the stands on Saturday night!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-02-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345