Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySucks View Post
    This will actually make the scheduling very difficult for NBC, as NBC televises the wild card games on Saturday. At the very least, that would mean no primetime coverage on NBC on Saturday.
    Doesn't that depend on if NBC has the early or the late wild card broadcast? Aren't there 2 - on the same day? Just askin.

vCash
    This will actually make the scheduling very difficult for NBC, as NBC televises the wild card games on Saturday. At the very least, that would mean no primetime coverage on NBC on Saturday.
    Hmm, excellent point. After thinking about this for a while, I suspect that men and dance will be broadcast live on Sunday, while figure skating will get an early afternoon slot on Saturday. That makes some sense, actually, given that men and dance are garnering the attention these days.

Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Doesn't that depend on if NBC has the early or the late wild card broadcast? Aren't there 2 - on the same day? Just askin.
    I think NBC has both games, which means that skating - if it were broadcast on NBC - would get an early afternoon slot. However, NBC doesn't have either Wild Card game on Sunday, I think, which would make figure skating the counter-programming for football... maybe? I'm outside my knowledge base here: figure skating ; marketing and television scheduling .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    I think NBC has both games, which means that skating - if it were broadcast on NBC - would get an early afternoon slot. However, NBC doesn't have either Wild Card game on Sunday, I think, which would make figure skating the counter-programming for football... maybe? I'm outside my knowledge base here: figure skating ; marketing and television scheduling .
    NBC does have both games on Wild Card Saturday, but neither of the games on Sunday. I'd think NBC would want the senior events to be the weekend of the 11th and 12th--that way they wouldn't have to compete with football at all on Saturday.

vCash
    Has the location of 4 Continents 2014 been announced?

vCash
    NBC does have both games on Wild Card Saturday, but neither of the games on Sunday. I'd think NBC would want the senior events to be the weekend of the 11th and 12th--that way they wouldn't have to compete with football at all on Saturday.
    The second weekend of the playoffs also has two Saturday games (and then two on Sunday), so that might not help.

The more that I think about this schedule, I'm increasingly convinced this schedule was created for the benefit of the athletes rather than at TV's behest.

Quote Originally Posted by missing View Post
    Has the location of 4 Continents 2014 been announced?
    Taipei, January 20-26, 2014. There may still be a conflict between the entry deadline and the conclusion of the Senior events at Nationals, as happened in 2010, unless the entry deadline is shifted back a week so that it doesn't fall between Christmas and New Year's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123