Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    vCash
    If Evan doesn't want to sign the contract, he should just skate at Nationals, win if he can, and dare the USFSA to suffer the public relations nightmare of keeping him off the World team. ( I'm sure the USFSA will get a call from the guy you all call "Speedy" demanding to know why Evan isn't on the 4CC and World teams. )

If the problem is an appearance fee, then nothing can be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Is this new because Johnny rarely wore Team USA apparel at the after competition press conferences or interviews.
    I noticed at Cup of China that Yuka made sure that Jeremy put his team jacket on in the Kiss and Cry area. She said "I know it's hot" and helped him with his jacket. After he put it on he pointed to both the USFSA logo and the Hilton HHONORS logo. This is the first year I have seen a corporate logo on the team jackets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    I noticed at Cup of China that Yuka made sure that Jeremy put his team jacket on in the Kiss and Cry area. She said "I know it's hot" and helped him with his jacket. After he put it on he pointed to both the USFSA logo and the Hilton HHONORS logo. This is the first year I have seen a corporate logo on the team jackets.
    For the last few years at the athletics ( track and field ) world championships, the athletes wore either the "TOYOTA" or "TDK" logo on their uniforms, while they were actually competing. I thought that was tacky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvHvGeh14co

vCash
    The jacket/"I know it's hot" thing makes me wonder if that is why Team Japan has vests. I've never considered that skaters HAVE to put on their jackets, and figured some of them were cold after getting off the ice. I know I usually start shivering after a program, because of the cold/adreniline rush disappearing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post

The jacket/"I know it's hot" thing makes me wonder if that is why Team Japan has vests. I've never considered that skaters HAVE to put on their jackets,
    I am a little confused. What do we believe the situation is? Do we think American skaters must wear their jackets in National level competition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpxLImyuGY#t=7m20s

......... or in international competition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHflLP8bKs8#t=5m11s

vCash
    Team USA skaters are supposed to wear their Team USA jackets in the Kiss and Cry at international competitions, not at U.S. Nationals.

This is the first year I have seen a corporate logo on the team jackets.
    Yes it's been a while. I believe VISA may have been the last corporate sponsor of the Team USA jackets?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkmaria View Post
    I think I can call myself a Lysacek uber, because I mostly liked watching his skating, I was happy when he won Worlds, I was glad that he won the Olympics, I tend to take his side in most disagreements and disputes involving him, and to see him skating live is one of my greatest skating dreams
    And I think I'm not alone here
    Sorry, Elkmaria, but you're just a common or garden variety Lysacek fan.

Try going into the Archives and reading some of the threads about Weir, Kim, Kwan, and Plushenko, and then you'll see what real ubers are made of.

vCash
    Oh ok, so THAT explains this "recent" phenomenon...I noticed the Japanese do it too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

Try going into the Archives and reading some of the threads about Weir, Kim, Kwan, and Plushenko, and then you'll see what real ubers are made of.
    Ugh...don't remind me

There definitely is a line to be drawn between regular fan and uber...both might be slightly offended if you don't flatter their favorite, but only one group will actually attack you for it.

On that topic, I think the last true group of Ubers were the Yuna Kim ubers, or "Kimbots", as some folks used to call them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Team USA skaters are supposed to wear their Team USA jackets in the Kiss and Cry at international competitions, not at U.S. Nationals.
    If this is the case, then it must be a request the USFSA makes of its skaters. There seems to be no Jacket Gestapo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j-fo7XVGFA#t=7m25s

This leads me to believe that this is not the problem with Evan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    The jacket/"I know it's hot" thing makes me wonder if that is why Team Japan has vests.
    I think it is sensible to wear the jacket while one is sitting in the K&C. Feeling hot and not wearing a jacket so near to the ice, one could catch cold, especially as one is just sitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I don't know, but maybe it's "the Johnny rule."
    When I saw this, I totally figured it was the Johnny Weir rule, to keep their skaters from wearing Team Russia jackets while practicing.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Sorry, Elkmaria, but you're just a common or garden variety Lysacek fan.
    Do you mean I'm only a fanus vulgaris?
    Athena posted in the Evan thread in TC about Evan's upcoming appearance on Good Day LA. Maybe we'll finally get to know something official on the topic?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    After he put it on he pointed to both the USFSA logo and the Hilton HHONORS logo.
    Suzuki very prominently pulled each logo on her vest forward in KnC.

I can't remember which skater, but there was one -- maybe Abbott? -- whose coach was trying to help him or her get it on, and the skater looked like a little kid resisting. I always thought it would be cold in KnC, especially after the skater stops moving, but the "I know it's hot" comment makes sense of it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Assume that angels exist.

Assume that they are noncorporeal.

Assume that they dance.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? (Pin size is undetermined)

Discuss.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Oh ok, so THAT explains this "recent" phenomenon...I noticed the Japanese do it too.
    Team Japan has been doing for a good few seasons now. It's to give their sponsors their money's worth.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    just wish Evan would come clean with the truth of what is going on. Then maybe the "playas" would play a little nicer and cooperate on whatever earthshaking item is preventing him skating...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Did anyone watch Evan on TV today?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213