Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Reynolds

vCash
    I think male-Rachael is unlucky that he skates for a country that recently produced Buttle and Chan.

If he skated for some obskure Euro or Asian country, no one would say anything about his poor skating and unflattering looks as long as he continued to land those quads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think male-Rachael is unlucky that he skates for a country that recently produced Buttle and Chan.

If he skated for some obskure Euro or Asian country, no one would say anything about his poor skating and unflattering looks as long as he continued to land those quads.
    I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way about his hair no matter where he was from...

vCash
    I don't think Kevin is a "poor" skater. (He was skating injured last year, and was ill at TEB this year). He's had a bad "rap". I also think people make too much of his looks and his hair. He seems like a nice person, and doesn't deserve all this negativity directed towards him. .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Kevin have a lot off fans. Did you saw this big bunners at TEB? One girl, who was in Paris, said me - Kevin had even more bunners, then Patrick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    There's no way a Brian Orser or a Frank Carroll would allow one of their students out on the ice looking like that, and Joanne McLeod shouldn't be letting Kevin do it either. A better coach would have dealt with this issue long ago.
    I guess as i was typing my initial thread, the question that came into examination is the idea of a coash "letting" a skater look this way or that. What can you really do if a skater who technically has you on payroll wants it his way? Technically, Kevin's coaches are on HIS payroll. I know that in a lot of coach/student relationships, the coach almost has absolute say in matters or at least collaborative/suggestive input on decisions of presentation but if Kevin really wants it what can a coach really do?

With that being said, i do have a first mind to think that Joanne could tell him to cut that S$#T off...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Here is Kevin in 2008 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdPss...05561443504289 - clearly he is capable of a neater looking hairstyle. He must either like the way it looks now or not care.
    in this case, the hair would have went well with those rediculous sleeves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Well, Tarasova may have forced him to dress like a tree, but at least his hair was controlled. Imagine his current hairdo on top of that horrific costume
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH @ TREE!!! Tarasova perpetuates the ugliest costumes in the world of figure skating ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I don't think Kevin is a "poor" skater. (He was skating injured last year, and was ill at TEB this year). He's had a bad "rap". I also think people make too much of his looks and his hair. He seems like a nice person, and doesn't deserve all this negativity directed towards him. .
    ITA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    I guess as i was typing my initial thread, the question that came into examination is the idea of a coash "letting" a skater look this way or that. What can you really do if a skater who technically has you on payroll wants it his way? Technically, Kevin's coaches are on HIS payroll. I know that in a lot of coach/student relationships, the coach almost has absolute say in matters or at least collaborative/suggestive input on decisions of presentation but if Kevin really wants it what can a coach really do?

With that being said, i do have a first mind to think that Joanne could tell him to cut that S$#T off...
    Well, a skater pays a coach to tell them what to do. If that's not going to be the case, then why bother to pay one at all? And skaters should listen to their coachs' advice on packaging. A lot of these coaches have been around and know the politiks of it all and how things generally work.

I wondered if Kevin had naturally curly hair, basically because his hair has so much body. A thinner haired person wouldn't be able to maintain that hairstyle with all of that whipping around in the air. I think the pictures of him with curly hair look great. I wish he would go back to his natural style.

vCash
    Kevin has naturally curly hair that any woman (myself included) would envy. Obviously, he doesn't like it, and that's his prerogative AFAIAC. He wore his hair "au naturale" once (I believe) last year and there were complaints and jokes about that too........What do people want?..........for him to get buzzed?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    What do people want?..........for him to get buzzed?
    I'd settle for artistic expression, choreography, and fully rotated jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Speaking of big noses, during the post-FD interview at TEB, I couldn't help but think of Pinnochio when Scott Moir was being interviewed. The greased down, straightened hair style didn't help matters; it only made the comparisons to the fabled wooden boy with the long nose more prevalent.
    Funny you should mention Pinnochio, that's my mom's nickname for Kevin. The hair didn't hide it from her.
    I do like Kevin BTW just like I liked Emanuel but sometimes you just get fed up. You know the talent is there but why won't they do something about it? It becomes very frustrating.

Pani, funny enough I did notice all the Kevin banners in Paris. I certainly didn't expect it but it's nice for him.

vCash
    In honor of Kevin's silver medal at Canadians, I thought I would bump this thread up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIWqPxwzk0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I'd settle for artistic expression, choreography, and fully rotated jumps.
    I'd say he's come a long way to reaching those goals. Now that he's healthy again, he will continue to improve. His programs last weekend were impressive.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    His overall skating is underdeveloped. He is a smaller guy with almost no muscle to him so he sort of skates small! His stroking isnt powerful and his jumps are not hight BUT i think that a more mature look and workingon basic skills, transitions, power and presence will help him a lot. ALso, if we could actually see his face when he skates...

When you are at that level, its time out for "be an individual" unless you can back it up with the goods. Daisuke Takahashi sometimes has outrageous hair but his skating is so incredible, who cares? Kevin just does not make that impact so the packaging needs to change. There is just no way that a coach should let that foolishness go. I know coaches arent parents but COME ON! The spins are nice but the steps and impact... HELP!
    Sorry to say this but perhaps he hides his face because he looks like a "Who-ville kid' from the Christmas film "The Grinch".

Not summer :(
    vCash
    I just watched his LP from Cdns. MUCH improved! Good for him!

(and I don't mind the hair at all)
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Still hate the hair...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Still hate the hair...
    Not a big fan of it either but wishing him all the best moving forward and hopefuly he can get us a 3rd mens spot for 2013 worlds

vCash
    Should we start a "FREE KEVIN!" (from MacLeod) campaign?

I hope he can stay injury-free and keep progressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12