Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    Ha ha. That's another tip I find useful. Look where you want to go (ie., not down when you are jumping).

Try counting 1-2-3 at an even pace. Hold each move (entrance edge, takeoff, landing) for one beat. That helps me when a jump isn't working. I'm notorious for rushing takeoff and being too slow to check out on the landing.
    I count out beats to give myself the correct timing on my axel and salchow takeoffs. For the salchow, I hold my 3-turn entrance edge and exit edge (the takeoff edge) each for a count of 3, but instead of saying "1-2-3-, 1-2-3-Up!" I give myself technique cue words that are the same number of beats but also remind me of the correct body position, like "level-and, level-down-Up!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletoe View Post
    I count out beats to give myself the correct timing on my axel and salchow takeoffs. For the salchow, I hold my 3-turn entrance edge and exit edge (the takeoff edge) each for a count of 3, but instead of saying "1-2-3-, 1-2-3-Up!" I give myself technique cue words that are the same number of beats but also remind me of the correct body position, like "level-and, level-down-Up!"
    I have to remind myself to bend on the takeoff of my toe jumps, so I guess I would be thinking bend when you are thinking up.

Finding a count that works for you is a good way to keep your rhythm when you are trying increase your speed and ice coverage or you are testing/competing and your adrenaline is racing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I have to remind myself to bend on the takeoff of my toe jumps, so I guess I would be thinking bend when you are thinking up.

Finding a count that works for you is a good way to keep your rhythm when you are trying increase your speed and ice coverage or you are testing/competing and your adrenaline is racing.
    Yes, the bend cue word is the "down" before the "up" (although those were actually my cue words for the salchow).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12