Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Just watched the senior PACS FDs. Emily and Todd looked wonderful. Still a lot of work to be done, but I see SO much potential. They sold that free dance like they'd been skating it for years and the audience ate it up. I'm so excited about them!

I LOVE watching Todd skate. He's so into every step of the program and goes for it with the facial expressions as much as Emily, if not more.
    Where did you saw S-G PACS FD?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I posted on the previous page: "For those waiting to watch the Pacific Coast Sectional Senior free dances, they're up on IN now."
    IN = IceNetwork (for Season Pass subscribers).

vCash
    Just watched the senior PACS FDs. Emily and Todd looked wonderful. Still a lot of work to be done, but I see SO much potential. They sold that free dance like they'd been skating it for years and the audience ate it up. I'm so excited about them!

I LOVE watching Todd skate. He's so into every step of the program and goes for it with the facial expressions as much as Emily, if not more.
    Totally agree!!! Their FD at PACS performance wise was amazing. Todd and Emily have a great connection and chemistry. Emily blogged about Sectionals in her facebook page. They changed their rotational lift and now Emily does a like a forward facing split if that makes sense. Also, they removed that illegal move that caused the deduction at Cup of China.

For their SD they used different costumes, but ones they have used before I think. Emily wore the blue dress she used at the Olympics for the Paso Compulsory Dance. I liked them in black but not the black costumes they used at Cup of China.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    Totally agree!!! Their FD at PACS performance wise was amazing. Todd and Emily have a great connection and chemistry. Emily blogged about Sectionals in her facebook page. They changed their rotational lift and now Emily does a like a forward facing split if that makes sense. Also, they removed that illegal move that caused the deduction at Cup of China.

For their SD they used different costumes, but ones they have used before I think. Emily wore the blue dress she used at the Olympics for the Paso Compulsory Dance. I liked them in black but not the black costumes they used at Cup of China.
    Yes, she wore her Olympic compulsory dress for the SD. It was a much better costume than CoC. Todd and Emily both looked a lot fitter to me at Sectionals than they did only two weeks earlier. The new rotational lift in the FD was very cool and their twizzles were pretty damn good for a new team. The version of Stairway to Heavan they are using is pretty awful, but about halfway through the dance they made me forget how much I hated it. They just smiled through the whole dance, like they were having the best time. Totally dynamic and genuine.

Lichtman/Copely are really struggling this year. They really finished a distant third at PACs. I noticed it before this season, but this year he really looks totally pissed off 100% of the time.

vCash
    I was so impressed with the improvement already in Todd and Emily. They seem so connected and I was really pleased with their unison. I have always enjoyed them both and now that they are a team, I'm very excited to see how far they go. I agree that they seemed so genuine. Loved it!

Lichtman/Copely I feel bad for. I know they are trying but they just aren't coming across this year as they have in the past. All I could think of while watching them skate was how unmatched they looked. Sadly, she is just too tall now for him and they just look odd out there. Whether we like it or not, aesthetics do matter in figure skating. When you pair a team up young, you never know how things will turn out as they grow up. Sometimes you luck out, sometimes you don't.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    The version of Stairway to Heavan they are using is pretty awful, but about halfway through the dance they made me forget how much I hated it. They just smiled through the whole dance, like they were having the best time.
    Yes, and even though I think they will grow on me as a team, that just seemed so wrong.

vCash
    For some reason, Emily and Todd's FD performace at PACs made me think of Kim and Brett at the 2006 Nationals. Both teams looked liked they were just so happy to be skating and that joy just seemed to so contagious.

There is such a cute photo of Emily and Todd on this blog.

As far as their FD music, it's Mary J. Blige accompanied by Randy Jackson (American Idol Judge) on bass, Travis Barker on drums, and Stevie Vai and Orianthi on guitar.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong. I'm happy they're happy. It's just that smiling through Stairway to Heaven seems wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Conga View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm happy they're happy. It's just that smiling through Stairway to Heaven seems wrong.
    I guess it depends on one's interpretation of the song. To me, the song is about a spiritual journey towards enlightment, so the smiling works for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Where did you saw S-G PACS FD?
    They are up on icenetwork.com. You can view them if you have a subscription.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    I guess it depends on one's interpretation of the song. To me, the song is about a spiritual journey towards enlightment, so the smiling works for me.
    And I guess that's why I have actually known it to be played at both funerals and weddings.

vCash
    After reading posts in this thread, I took the time to watch the pacific sectionals dance competition. I really enjoyed the top 3 teams. I thought S/G skated well and looked more fit than in China. Like Tapdancer, I feel sad for L/C and barring a growth spurt for him I feel they will be toast after this season. Are there any potential partners out there for her?

vCash
    How tall is she?

vCash
    Their icenetwork bio say she's 5'6" and he's 5'7".

vCash
    I don't think he'll get any taller but she might. Oh well.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I don't think he'll get any taller but she might. Oh well.
    She's 21 years old already, not about to grow anymore! She's almost at the shrinking age. At least I am, and it doesn't feel that long since I was 21.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    She's 21 years old already, not about to grow anymore! She's almost at the shrinking age. At least I am, and it doesn't feel that long since I was 21.
    .....she is 18

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UDelpairs2012 View Post
    .....she is 18
    Aren't we talking about Emily Samuelson? She is listed as born in May 1990.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Charlotte Lichtman (of Lichtman/Copely) is the one who is 18 - link to their USFS/IN bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=39434&mode=P

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Thanks Sylvia, guess I was speedreading through the thread.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast