View Poll Results: Who should be Russia's 3rd pair in 2014?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bazarova-Larianov

48 57.83%
  • Iliushchekina-Maisuradze

21 25.30%
  • Martiusheva-Rogonov

4 4.82%
  • Gerboldt-Enberg

8 9.64%
  • Stolbova-Klimov

2 2.41%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Who should be Russia's Third pair in 2014?

The Olympics are still a few years away, which means some pairs could develop. Assuming that the top 2 Russian pairs will be V&T and K&S, who would you like to see as Russia's 3rd pair in Sochi?

vCash
    I would be surprised if Kavaguti lasted until Sochi although it is not impossible. Even if they do I could see them possibly dropping down to 3rd or 4th Russian pair by then, possibly even missing the team. I think Barazova & Larinov will make it, in fact I think they are a surer bet than K&S to do so.

vCash
    I have only recently started enjoying K&S, so I hope they will stick around till 2014. Right now the only pair that may drop them to the 3rd spot would be B&L, and B&L have their issues. So K&S could still be #2, unless there is a surprise junior pair that develops quickly.

vCash
    I have enjoyed K&S for a number of years and would love to see win a World title and Olympic medal before they retire. I am enjoying their programs more of late than Volosozhar & Trankov who still have a ways to go with choreography, or Savchenko & Szolkowy whose unique program concepts dont always appeal to me. However being realistic I am not sure how great things look for them moving forward. Volosozhar & Trankov are definitely the Russian #1 for the moment, and K&S will have to do something pretety spectacular to wrench that away as both the Russian fed. and international judges are loving V&T more and more. I am pretty sure the plans of the Russian fed. are for V&T to win the Olympic Gold in Sochi.

Yuko has had injury problems and isnt exactly a young skater anymore. They also continue to struggle with consistency problems. They did reasonably well this season, winning both their grand prix events, and upsetting Aliona & Robin to win one, but they still need to skate cleaner error free programs to have a chance to win a major event (or again if you consider their 2010 European title). I believe if they can stay relatively consistent and return to winning medals at the World level they will probably hang in as atleast Russian #2. However should they falter or fail to meet expectations I could see them dropped behind B&L and possibly some other younger team.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    extreme wishful thinking on my side but I'd love love love Martiusheva/Rogonov to be the 3rd Russian pair in Sochi.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    i'm fairly certain that the three Russian pairs will be Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, and Bazarova/Larianov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    i'm fairly certain that the three Russian pairs will be Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, and Bazarova/Larianov
    Pretty much. Would take Yuko's body falling apart so badly she has to retire for it to be any different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I would be surprised if Kavaguti lasted until Sochi although it is not impossible. Even if they do I could see them possibly dropping down to 3rd or 4th Russian pair by then, possibly even missing the team. I think Barazova & Larinov will make it, in fact I think they are a surer bet than K&S to do so.
    Why would you think they would drop down? They're not really skating any worse than they were a couple of years ago.. they were never consistently the best in the world or anything.

Anyway, I hope it's Gerboldt and Enbert but I have a feeling that it will be Bazarova and Larionov, who just aren't really my cup of tea.

vCash
    I hope this will be Iliushechkina/Maisuradze, but it seems like Bazarova/Larionov will make it.
    I absolutely adore Vera Bazarova, imho she is the most beautiful and elegant skater among all curently competing, but her partner despite being a pretty consistent skater, who supports her in all those crazy lifts they make, is nothing for me. They remind me of Obertas/Soloviov, when we had a stellar female partner and a good, solid, but lacking in charisma male partner.

On the other hand Iliushechkina & Mausuradze are imo a more balanced team. Their LP for this season is my favourite. I even place S/S's LP lower. I just hope that maybe not for Sochi but for the 2018 Games they will gain consistency and develop into a pair equal to S/S or any other top Russian pair of the last decades. I think they have everything for this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    I hope this will be Iliushechkina/Maisuradze, but it seems like Bazarova/Larionov will make it.
    I absolutely adore Vera Bazarova, imho she is the most beautiful and elegant skater among all curently competing, but her partner despite being a pretty consistent skater, who supports her in all those crazy lifts they make, is nothing for me.
    And the scariest one. Sorry

I think that Bazarova & Larionov will be the third team because of her lightness and their consistency.

vCash
    Well, Vera is a "slim" girl, as well as Lyubov Iliushechkina, and I prefer their "scariness" over say Meagan Duhamel's "vigorous body" .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    Well, Vera is a "slim" girl, as well as Lyubov Iliushechkina, and I prefer their "scariness" over say Meagan Duhamel's "vigorous body" .
    LOL, it was interesting to watch them back to back at TEB. They are just the opposite ! I don't know which one I prefer...

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I prefer Iliushchekina/Maisuradze over Bazarova/Larionov, but it seems the latter is the more consistent pair and, thus, the more likely candidates to join Volosozhar/Trankov and Kavaguti/Smirnov on the team. I would love for Lubov and Nodari to realize all their potential and surprise us!

vCash
    Even when Lubov and Nodari skate very well their scores arent very high. They skated their absolute best at the GP final last year and couldnt beat out a junior Chinese team who made mistakes. I like them but I fear they have already peaked and it is a peak that will never get them on the World team again, other than possibly if they are willing to wait out several retirements.

vCash
    I adored I/M last season but this season the spark is gone and her jumping technique is horrible.

I'm amazed that G/E received so little picks. This team has huge potential and the their coaches/mentors are none other than Tamara Moskvina and Artur Dmitev.

I'm not a fan of the programs from B/L. She's an elegant skater but her jumping is bad and their programs lack emotion.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Unless there is great improvement by G/E and I/M Russia is likely to send 5 of the 6 people who were in Vancouver to Sochi. China sent Z/Z, P/T and S/Z to three Olympics Russia can send five skaters to two Olympics. Poor Maria Mukhortova!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Even when Lubov and Nodari skate very well their scores arent very high. They skated their absolute best at the GP final last year and couldnt beat out a junior Chinese team who made mistakes. I like them but I fear they have already peaked and it is a peak that will never get them on the World team again, other than possibly if they are willing to wait out several retirements.
    I have loved I/M since they were in juniors and it makes me so sad to agree with this.

vCash
    I'm still holding out for Iliushchekina/Maisuradze, they have more natural charisma than any of the other teams. They are so inconsistent though, and even when skating well they don't score as high as I think they should. B/L are so pretty yet so dull, powerless, and boring.

I/M have the potential to surpass K/S and be competing with V/T, I wish they would get it together already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I'm still holding out for Iliushchekina/Maisuradze, they have more natural charisma than any of the other teams. They are so inconsistent though, and even when skating well they don't score as high as I think they should. B/L are so pretty yet so dull, powerless, and boring.

I/M have the potential to surpass K/S and be competing with V/T, I wish they would get it together already!
    I agree, but I think if they are to do this, Lubov needs to start eating more and then ideally start working with a jump coach as well. She looks gaunt and emaciated this season and consequently her spark is gone, and the weight loss is not even helping her jumps which seem worse than usual, so packing on a few pounds of muscle would serve her well, I think. And then if she could work with a jump coach and get her SBS triples more consistent, then I think she and Nodari could do really well - their lifts are fantastic, she is naturally charismatic, flexible, and they have good programs and lots of character. They have all the goods they just need to start putting it together when it counts or their PCS will continue to drop, I fear...

vCash
    I/M will surpass K/S in 2014 when she retires. They are no where near them at this point and until I/M change coaches and/or choreographers, they never will be.

B/L are pretty firm as the #3 they have done very well to keep it, I hope they can continue; especially after how well they did at TEB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast